Eversolo DMP-A6 Music streamer player coming soon.

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Boxa

Boxa New Member

Hi All, I'm not well versed in Hifi. Any idea if this can be used to obtain streaming content, converted via the DAC, BUT bypass the preamp stage (for signal to be feed to a higher end Integrated amp via XLR's) Cheers.

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Yes

rozel likes this.
  4. Spizz

Spizz Member

Hi Mark. I've got a MA rack and without being in the US I can't just sent the unit in to get a Custom Faceplate made. Zappiti offer Rack ears with their Reference and Signature players, it would be nice for Zidoo/Eversolo to offer the same option for their Flagships. YMMV.

Also it doesn't have to be the unit having holes in the side, Zidoo/Eversolo could also offer a custom Faceplate/Rack Mount Kit themselves as optional extra they can sell. I just love the sleek look on the Rack when you see no Gaps.

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

DMP-A6 is designed to work with the Eversolo APP either/or the front panel. Pictures can be found how it looks like. The look is very different for each as the APP doesn´t support landscape mode. I hope support for that will be added. ;)

For use during simple (background) music playing a remote is more to my liking (only power, stop/start, next/previous and volume buttons used). Will find the album with the front panel.

Using an iPAD or Tablet for the APP seems the general idea. I would add that to the budget when intending to get one of those if don't already own one. My arms are just not long enough to reach the front panel from my listening position. :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 9, 2023
    Mfgillia likes this.
  6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks for explaining - this is what I do when using my Z8

7. Burki

Burki Member

On another place, after asking about IR: Eversolo support just told me "IR sensor has been built in A6, I have forwarded the remotes requirement to our team, thanks for your suggestion."

About the remote app control: Sure, this is needed for a more or less complex streamer, but IMHO a physical remote for actions like power on/off and controlling the play process, is for me very important.
    My other streamers from Naim, Lumin, Rose, Fiio and Matrix Audio having all a physical remote.

8. mikeyb

mikeyb New Member

Does the DMP-A6 do Gapless playback?

9. Nice Monkey

Good question. Did not find that word anywhere in specifications neither the manual.

I presume it must so either:
    1. - It does it implicitly always (for identical type tracks in the play-list)
    2. - It is not documented yet nor added to setup
    3. - It still needs to be added as a whole
    Lets see the response to this one.

In fact will go over this list also:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...onveniences-and-suggested-improvements.93771/
    Forgot adding a good manual there in red. That one exists (in the making) already so will be very green.

Last edited: May 11, 2023
  10. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Yes,both 2-ch and multi-ch(PCM)

Mfgillia and mikeyb like this.
  11. Nice Monkey

@mirror
    Thanks for the answer so it was number-1 after all. Another pleasant surprise.:)
    Could also be number-2 as it is not that common that 'Gapless Playback' can´t be turned on/off. ;)
    Anyway another important green one. :D
    SACD are gapless by nature on the original source so doing it just for PCM is fine.

Please add this essential item to specifications and mention it in the manual too. People will be looking for it.
    If I missed it being documented just correct me.

mikeyb likes this.
  12. Andrea100

Andrea100 New Member

Dear All, Eversolo,
    about remote control, I would like to bring to the debate my own opinion: it is not only necessary for "relaxing" use of the basics functions of the device but it is essential! The main motivation is that for people over 45-50 y.o. you will not need glasses! The app or even the onboard screen for how beautiful it can be, it is not usable for people above that age without glasses...
    And the question that follows is: how may people has got high end equipment and are not over 45-50 y.o. ? Of course they are (we are) the majority.... that's is the main reason, believe me, othrewise why there are still so many CD and SACD players on sale? That's mainly for the confort they/we have to use them!! (CD and even SACD are nowdays easily liquidized).

Therefore, please, for this very interesting piece of art (at this price) eversolo DMP-A6, really consider to provide a remote control with it... and I am sure you're going to sell a lot more (and i will be the first supporter and purchaser).

Andrea

Nice Monkey likes this.
  13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Andrea100 - I'm +70 and prefer my tablet App rather than a remote

Mfgillia and Korvenwin like this.
  14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The A6 would be a bit tricky to control by a simple remote unless you were right next to it...

How would you navigate?

15. Korvenwin

Korvenwin Member

It appears that the screen on A6 is mirrored on the phone by new. In a few weeks, with a tablet app.

Anyway, as occurs with BluOS, you probably don't need this mirror using native phone/tablet app.

gymnos likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

Yes, there is an option to cast the front screen to your device and you can control it that way if you want too

But it'd be a bit odd holding your phone in one hand and pointing an IR remote at the A6 with the other..

I honestly can't think of a reason to control it with a traditional remote.

17. mikeyb

mikeyb New Member

I was asked if I could find out this about cd drive and Radio Paradise.

1. How does it work with a USB CD drive (i.e. can I use it for playback or only for ripping).

2. Whether I can run Radio Paradise on it.

18. Burki

Burki Member

Take for example the Fiio R7 with the bluetooth remote:

20230429_125429.jpg

With this remote, you can navigate (it acts also as mouse) through the complete UI, power off/on, volume and play control,...

Also I've this mini bluetooth keyboard, which I'm using sometimes for writing textes into the search field:

20230418_163052.jpg

Also for my Lumin T2, I've a IR remote control:

20230511_183208.jpg

Or here the remote for the Rose RS250:

20230511_183321.jpg

Or the one for the Naim Uniti Atom HE:

20230511_183900.jpg

All the items are streamers and you can nearly completely control them with the RC.
    Fiio R7 and Rose RS250 are both android based and you can compare them with the DMP A6.
    Sure, I'm using not only the RCs, but for example, if want pause/play, skip a track, volumd control, power on/off,... then I prefer in every case hardware buttons and not the searching for and on a mobile or tablet.

Mfgillia likes this.
  19. mikeyb

mikeyb New Member

Volume control?

Especially if you use it straight to a power amp, far too easy to have it going full volume into a power amp if using digital volume slider.

Also not everyone uses a smartphone or tablet.

20. Markswift2003

I can kind of see that but it's a bit like poking it with a pointy stick or throwing rocks at it - the app is very intuitive and simple to use and even the volume slider is very responsive - be better if it was linked to the hard buttons though.

That said, there is an IR receiver on the LHS of the screen, so assuming it's incorporated in the firmware and the protocol is available, it'd be easy to incorporate into CI systems.

Last edited: May 11, 2023