Eversolo DMP-A6 Music streamer player coming soon.

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Feb 17, 2023.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Solid aluminium alloy chassis, brushed panel.
    Quad-core ARM Cortex-A55 professional processor.
    6" large LCD colour touchscreen, easy control.
    Based on Android 11, deeply tailored system.
    4GDDR+32GeMMC large memory for masses of applications.
    Support M.2 NVME 3.0 SSD (not included), up to 2TB.
    2xES9038Q2M DAC for independent stereo decoding.
    Support DSD512 Native, PCM768KHz@32Bit, MQA full decoding.
    The 3rd generation XU316 for higher performance and processing speed.
    Low-jitter dual clock synchronous processing with higher accuracy.
    Fully balanced circuit, XLR balanced and RCA single-ended hi-fi pre-out.
    2x DOH chips, support HDMI DSD Native and D2P multi-channel output.
    Qualcomm QCC5125 Bluetooth 5.0 module with APTX HD.
    Low noise, high quality power supply, providing pure power source for audio circuits.
    Support mastering audio formats DSD (.dsf/.dff/.ios/.dst), APE, FLAC, WAV, MQA, etc.
    Personalised music management, lyric matching and music data matching.
    EOS audio engine developed by Eversolo, globally bypassing SRC restrictions.
    Support Direct audio in 3rd party APPs (Apple Music hi-res direct output).
    Full decoding and rendering support for MQA on Optical, Coaxial and USB input etc.
    Support USB, Optical, Coaxial, HDMI digital audio Bit-perfect output.
    Support external USB optical drive for CD disc playback and CD ripping.
    Music services Tidal, Qobuz, Highresaudio, Amazon etc.
    Support Roon Ready, Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect, etc.
    Support music playback from Air Play2 and DLNA.
    Support NFS, SMB, Web DAV, UPnP protocols to access storage devices shared in the LAN.
    Support built-in SMB network media sharing service for easy local media sharing.
    Exclusive mobile APP for Android/IOS mobile phones and tablets.

Boxa, Korvenwin, Nice Monkey and 5 others like this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The DMP-A6 in a nutshell is an Eversolo DAC Z6 with a new Eversolo developed Music Player (EOS) controlled via an upgraded to 6 inch Front Panel. This similar to the 5 inch one found on the Neo models, but 1 inch added to its width. A matching APP for Smartphones is the other way to control it.
    The processor is specified as a Quad-core ARM Cortex-A55 which looks to me like a stripped version of RTD1619 with video features removed but upgraded to stripped Android 11. I hope it is a bit faster regarding clocking speed.

It claims using quality crystal clocking via HDMI which will be good for any sound reproduced via that output and will beat a Neo S there for sure. It also will do DSD MCH like a Neo Alpha has on offer. I just hope this time sound will be concurrently available via both HDMI and Analog outputs. Not offering that would be a big miss in my simple view.
    Curious enough it has no Headphone amplifier build-in.

Depending on the price it can be attractive to get dedicated Zidoo players for Video and Music this way. Seen the pricing of Eversolo thus far I am optimistic here. I hope Zidoo will be so smart to get dedicated Remote Controls device ID's for each, better even making it configurable.

@mirror
    - Please comment on the 2 questions in italic.
    - There is a disturbing typo on the main intro text "A New Epoch Is Beginning" (DAP-A6 => DMP-A6)

Now being shown on Futeko with a planned availability in May.
    https://www.futeko.com/products/DC003.php

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
    myzidoo, gymnos and Korvenwin like this.
  3. Metaman

Metaman New Member

Sounds interesting. One feature would be essential : Can the DMP-A6 play multichannel sound from Roon?

4. ASR User

ASR User New Member

Very interested. Please add me to the product launch notification list. Beta testing available and have exhaustive experience in this area. Any early indication of price yet?

5. Nice Monkey

First priority for me would also be getting a quality/flawless FW for the DMP-A6 (and I hope the Neo models next). This to allow entry to this demanding music market.
    I am happy to see that a lot of my observation list for Music Player already made it to the functional specifications.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...and-suggested-improvements.93771/#post-174378

My suggestions for a DMP-A8 version:
    - Make it a full rack size this time
    - Use a much faster processor which never harms.
    - Obviously using a superior DAC and headphone amplifier build. This preferable similar to Neo X
    - Provide it at least with a Hybrid PSU or even a full linear PSU
    - Add USB-C front port(s), Headphone plug(s) and the OLED panel control buttons of Neo X to the extra front space available
    - A full 6 (or 8) channel DAC Analog panel would be nice for those playing MCH Audio and having AMP's with discrete inputs.
    - it would be a great feature to direct digital inputs via the DOH chips to HDMI as such improving potentially the sound of the source connected to those inputs.
    - Optional: space for a 2.5 inch HDD which may be fixed mounted from the back.

Last edited: May 20, 2023
    Spizz, myzidoo and Korvenwin like this.
  6. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

i would be curious if this is able to play multichannel audio from SACD-Iso Files on a SMB Network share with output on HDMI

Korvenwin likes this.
  7. Korvenwin

Korvenwin Member

In that case, this would be an end game for me streamer for me... and if it could support Roon multichannel…

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  8. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

iso might be tricky dsf could maybe work

9. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

For me the RAAT (Roon) integraton will be of essence. Multichannel DSD over HDMI would definitely be the icing on the cake and put an end to my quest.
    Very much looking forward to that one...

Mfgillia and Korvenwin like this.
  10. jonk

jonk New Member

Currently the Neo S is selling at around 1000 USD with 1TB SSD in it in my country. Wondering is it worth it or shall i just wait for the DMP-A6. Mainly i will be using it to store my music files and played through it only. Thanks.

11. Nice Monkey

Should work on this model too. Except Neo Alpha doing that with Native DSD other models will do DSD MCH => PCM MCH instead.
    Do that myself via USB and/or SATA HDD's all the time. For sure this does it with native DSD as it is explicitly stated in specifications.

I am myself very curious to see how good the DMP-A6 music player actually is going to be.
    The HW looks excellent again but that was not the real big problem.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2023
  12. Korvenwin

Korvenwin Member

Yes, you are right, but what we want is that the DMP-A6 do it like Neo Alpha: DSD Native without conversion.

13. mirror

Yes. support multichannel audio from SACD-Iso Files on a SMB Network share

14. Korvenwin

Korvenwin Member

But does it stream DSD native without conversion to PCM?

If that is right, I only need price and availability in Spain. :)

15. mirror

Support Roon multichannel(PCM)

Metaman, Nice Monkey and Korvenwin like this.
  16. Nice Monkey

Of course it does and better than any music player before as it uses a special design to optimize HDMI output.

17. Korvenwin

Korvenwin Member

Are you sure?

In the specs we can read: "2x DOH chips, support HDMI DSD Native and D2P multi-channel output."

D2P stand for DSD to PCM o_O

18. Nice Monkey

Still enough AMP's around without DSD support also TV's and Soundbars mostly don't support DSD. The need for 2 DOH may be due to 2x ES9038q2m DAC's being used here? Anyway good to have that on-board. :)

The Music Player can then always just output DSD Native and when or where needed/desired the DOH chips will do DSD => PCM. No CPU overhead with that as this is CPU resource critical on the current implementation with above all MCH SACD. ;)
    Looks just great to me above all combined with ultra stable HDMI clocking which mainly favors PCM. :D
    In fact it may become difficult to even hear the difference? Lets wait and hear.

Seen already 2 TByte M2 SSD's at € 105 so that is great for no noise at all playing music.
    A question I have if BD Pure Audio and DVD-Audio ever can be played on these things too? Without any moving pictures in concept it should be possible.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  19. FenderP

FenderP New Member

Three Questions;
    1. You said:
    Will it support it from an attached USB drive or internal SSD?

2. Are both DSD and PCM multichannel gapless? Most players have issues with that. Stereo or mono is usually not an issue.

3. Perhaps I missed it here or elsewhere, but what is the MSRP this until will sell for?

20. FenderP

FenderP New Member

My guess is you would have to rip them and extract the audio. DVD-A and BR-A have always needed some form of video just to navigate menus. This was an "advantage" (loosely) of SACD. Selecting the layer was always more straightforward.