Eversolo DMP-A6 Music streamer player coming soon.

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Not that many players around for SACD but DVD-audio was a total disaster as most people never even understood the difference with DVD-Video plus the fact that you needed a player with extra capabilities for that. For BD Pure Audio that is at least played by all standard BD players but also that existence remains unknown by as many.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
  2. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

3. Korvenwin

Korvenwin Member

Great price, but what about customs to Spain? Do you know how many the delivery+custom could cost? What about a possible return it my unit have any trouble?

4. Nice Monkey

Yeah, early launch and about the price I expected it to be. European sales prices inclusive transport in the € 900 to € 1.000 range.

Let's see how good the Music Player software is. Specifications do look very promising there too.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...and-suggested-improvements.93771/#post-174378
    This will be my list to compare with initially. Lot of it seems to be dealt with and/or included.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
    gymnos likes this.
  5. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

The unit is a very smart move.

As it gives a solution for the issue that DSD bitstreaming through HDMI is just not available anywhere (besides regular universal players). I can help wondering now that we look at a AUDIO only device (ie no video as neo-alpha) if it would not be interesting to make a truly multichannel analog DAC.

The fact is that (and I must confess that I found that out only after some days playing around with the alpha) that for instance the ROON RAAT implementation is dependent on the selected DAC.

From a usage stand point : In a Neo-alpha when you used the player for video (internal DAC OFF) your AV receiver will typically have on HDMI input selected. HDMI remains essential as any DTS-HD, Dolby mega Atmos 76 speaker - kidding - will have either to be decoded internally but is mostly bitstreamed to the AV receiver. In this config ROON will see the device as a 2ch/8ch 192 max PCM device.

If you decide to listen music then as long you play regular dunno FLAC 2.0 it clearly works you need to change nothing but the conversion remains dependent of the quality of the AV receiver. defeating the purpose of having an audiophile internal DAC.

If now in your library you have a DSD mutlichannel dsf file playing it will also be transmitted as multichannel PCM at max 192. Which again defeats the audiophile thing.

You then have to switch to DAC on the Zidoo AND select another AV input connected to the separate HDMI DSD output.

So just asking myself if it would not be the next logical step to have an eversolo multichannel pure 8 analog output DAC. Conversion of DSD mutlichannel would be excusively done in the DAC, it could play all, and one could imagine a DAC which allows full setting accessibility of the DAC chip ( if ESS9038QM for example FIR Filters, DPLL Bandwith, IRR Filter, Apodiz Full Roll-off etc). A truly multichannel audiophile DAC. One challenge would be 256+ multichannel DSD as you will bottleneck the USB 2.0

Just some thinking...looking forward to the DMP-A6

Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
  6. Nice Monkey

@myzidoo
    If successful maybe the DMP-A08 will become a multi-channel version? Using 4 Sabre DAC's is not that expensive even being the Pro version and can easily be build.

7. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

We divide up countries into delivery regions. Our website should auto detect your location and show correct pricing. Spain is in Europe Zone 1. Region can be forced by using the flags at top right, or this link for Europe Zone 1: https://www.futeko.com/products/DC003.php?region=europe1

DMP-A6 price for delivery to Spain is £647.49 GBP (roughly 757Euro at current Paypal forex rate).

Our price includes delivery, which would be by Parcelforce and take 3-6 working days to mainland Spain.

Our price excludes all taxes due in the delivery country, so the item will be assessed by Spanish customs when it gets to Spain and you will be billed for import taxes due.

We would correctly declare as TARIC 8543709099, which attracts EU customs duty at 0%. So customs duty should be zero.

You would be liable to pay VAT at the normal Spanish rate (probably ~20%).

We sell a lot of items to Europe (even after Brexit - before Brexit a lot more) and there are usually no problems. The customs process is very smooth.

If returning for refund at up to 30 days you would have to recoup the taxes paid from the Spanish customs authority. If returning under warranty then customs duty and VAT would be zero. We would guide you in filling in the customs documents correctly to ensure zero taxes for a warranty return.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
    gymnos and andrewrona like this.
  8. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

When adding a SSD ( not supplied ) I presume it means taking the lid off, would warranty still be valid? Thank you.

9. Nice Monkey

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
    gymnos and andrewrona like this.
  10. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

11. jonk

jonk New Member

Website states the spec for SSD is M.2 NVME 3.0 2280 protocol. Am i able to use the latest SSD, gen 4 type if i am not wrong?

Since i have already preorder it and it should reached by next month, it is time for me to get a 2TB SSD.

andrewrona likes this.
  12. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

I guess you could use it via usb to back up your files from the internal ssd that works if its not compatible, Its just makes sense to do this as our files are precious enough and we don't want to loose these if the internal one does fail eventually.
    I found listening to my backup via the usb is not as good as the internal one as you would expect.

13. Nice Monkey

Both SSD and USB, NAS should sound 100% identical. There is something seriously wrong if it does not.

14. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

How do you work that out! One is going through a cable and the other being streamed !

15. Nice Monkey

It is just datatransfer with a reliable (error-recovered) protocol. If that process runs fast enough as it is buffered there is no difference when it is in memory to be fed for playback to the relevant codec.

16. Agent Smith

Agent Smith New Member

I was thinking to upgade my Zidoo 3000 to Neo Alpha for better audio expereince but then see this product.

But now when we have A6, may be it will be better to have uhd3000 for video and a6 for music? What do you thihk?

17. Nice Monkey

Regarding features and connectivity both choices are very much on par with a audio quality advantage for Neo Alpha. Price/performance dedicated players UHD3000+DMP-A6 is cheaper. Having a UHD3000 already I would be tempted to go down that road too.

It finally comes down on how good the Music Player really works in practice. In a month when back from a holiday trip I am probably going to try DMP-A6 myself.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
  18. Korvenwin

Korvenwin Member

I'm exactly in the same situation as you.

I've ordered a DMP-A6 for music and probably, I will sell the UHD3000 and buy a Z1000 Pro only for video.

19. MrLazy

MrLazy New Member

Hello good people!
    One question this EVERSOLO DMP-A6 have option to custom equalizer?

20. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

Mfgillia likes this.