Eversolo DMP-A6 Music streamer player coming soon.

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

That is a lot of extra money for just ACCUSILICON Femto Clocks and OPA1612 AMPs' swaps. Agreed those are the best (used with Neo X and Neo Alpha too). AMP's are sometimes on a socket and plug-able but not here.

Still expect a superior DMP-A8 sooner or later. But first flawless Music Player software. :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 12, 2023
    Mfgillia likes this.
  2. jonk

jonk New Member

Actually is it worth it for that extra money ($400-$500 difference here)? I just checked with the supplier, he said it upgrades the OSC and OpAMP PCB but the shipment for Master version will not be soon as they are having their public holiday soon in first week of May. Pardon me asking as this is the first time I am using a music server (all along using CD Player).

3. Nice Monkey

It will be challenging to hear the difference. But on a good setup it will be audible with good source material.

Last edited: May 3, 2023
    jonk likes this.
  4. Nice Monkey

I would for sure keep that UHD3000 with it as it is far superior: Better hybrid PSU, 4Gbyte RAM, Dual HDMI outputs, USB3c, Dual HDD slots, standard rack 19 inch width.
    I think UHD3000 in fact is the Zidoo player with the highest value/money ratio.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
    gymnos likes this.
  5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

UHD3000 best? @Nice Monkey as far as Video is concerned, all the Zidoo models exhibit exactly the same quality. It has been said time and time again and you ought to temper your views a bit or at least be a little more accurate in what you say. From your posts, you are what we call a "hardware nut" always siding on equipment that has the best hardware.

Just saying and definately no offence meant - I just think for new members you sometimes convey the wrong impression.

andrewrona likes this.
  6. Nice Monkey

The UHD3000 is the best for the HW it comes with (all extra's above Z1000 Pro were summed up by me). PQ wise it is identical indeed but connectivity wise it for sure isn't. As simple as that. ;)
    If you don't value those extra's that is fine but others might do just like me. :rolleyes:

I never said UHD3000 is the best Zidoo player. But buying it you get the most value for your money from all models in my view (even after the price was raised twice). That is something very different and you may disagree on that too. It is a free world with many opinions allowed I hope.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
  7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hi @Nice Monkey - sorry for not responding sooner but I was taken up by a much bigger matter of the FA Cup Semi-Final :D

When I first read your initial post I seemed to have dwelt on this: -

But I do agree with what you have subsequently said - in fact I wish my Z1000 Pro had 2 internal drive-bays.

Does the DMP-A6 have drive bays? - I cannot see any

8. Nice Monkey

Nope. Just NAS or USB but it has a prevision for a Flash Card. I guess that is the foreseen way of attaching storage for most.
    For me still too small even at 2 TByte. I do expect bigger ones to work too? These will get cheaper over time.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
  9. Korvenwin

Korvenwin Member

10. Crix

Crix New Member

Wow, the DMP-A6 looks extraordinary! Exactly what I have been looking for, perhaps pending a few nuances. It would be great to know if the following scenarios are possible...
    - Roon multichannel output via HDMI
    - Tidal Atmos multichannel output via HDMI
    -- If this works, will it work through tidal connect?
    -- Either as A6 Atmos decoded content -> HDMI multichannel PCM or
    -- Atmos passthrough
    - USB (Mac) multichannel output via HDMI
    - A way to determine output based on either content channels or input source? i.e
    -- If source is multichannel (roon, tidal, flac etc) auto output to HDMI, or
    -- If source is tidal > output to HDMI, if source spotify > output to analog rca, etc
    - IP control (to power unit, set to different inputs or outputs etc via home automation)
    - Webhooks / events (to detect if unit plays for example, to turn on amplifier)

Last edited: May 3, 2023
    Korvenwin likes this.
  11. Korvenwin

Korvenwin Member

First reviews:

Mfgillia and gymnos like this.
  12. Nice Monkey

Very promising review. Above all the APP valued as both very user friendly and next also glitch free if extremely nice to hear. :cool:
    The sound quality as such is not a surprise for me as Zidoo has already proven to me that they do compete with far more expensive units very well in that respect. ;)

I think MCH Roon was already confirmed to be working.
    Still not answered are 2 questions I had since the beginning:
    - Does it give Analog and HDMI output concurrently? (answer from the manual is no)
    - Are IR codes different (or configurable) from Zidoo media players. When use in a combined setup e.g. with 2nd zoning on an AMP. (it seems to come without a remote)

My own UHD3000 came along with me and is now playing in my Home Theater in Bolivia connected to a 5060 Epson Projector and an Onkyo TX-NR777 AMP.

Last edited: May 6, 2023
  13. Zork

Zork New Member

What is the weight of the DMP-A6?
    What's the warranty for the US?
    Is there Trial period after buying in the US?
    Thank you!

Last edited: May 4, 2023
  14. Spizz

Spizz Member

Another review here- audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/eversolo-dmp-a6-streamer-review.44198/

15. Spizz

Spizz Member

Another review here- avforums.com/reviews/zidoo-eversolo-dmp-a6-zidoo.20790/

Looks like the App side and functionality side of things for Music are leaps and bounds better than the Neo Alpha. Wonder if these improvements will appear on the Neo Alpha.

16. Spizz

Spizz Member

I think hoth Zidoo and Eversolo miss a portion of the market without offering a Rack Mounting option, ears, or Faceplate as an option.

17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Difficult one.

Zidoo along with pretty much every other manufacturer provide a wide variance in form factor and assuming you have a 19" rack, you know how difficult that can be to integrate.

Having been in the CI industry for decades and also using 19" racks here, I understand why they don't do this - for example, the Alpha is a 430mm so nearly (but not quite) perfect for rack ears, but most devices (including all of the Eversole ones) are not.

But how many people would use that? And how many users without a rack would object to such a high end device having its sleek finish spoilt by pre-tapped holes in the side?

If you've got a decent rack - and I'm talking Middle Atlantic and the like, then they provide all the panels, shelving etc you need including custom faceplates without spoiling the box for the majority of users.

Mfgillia likes this.
  18. Nice Monkey

My educated guess is that the customers really rack-mounting are very few. But other like me using nice shelves and mounting in stacks are a lot more. Many like the units being rack wide mostly in black but also silver remains popular.

Mfgillia likes this.
  19. Burki

Burki Member

Question about remote control:
    It seems, that the dmp a6 has a IR receiver integrated, but no RC and so, it's possible to get the IR codes?

Otherwise I'll prefer to use IP control (Philips Pronto Pro with multiple extenders) and so: Is IP control with the dmp a6 possible and also here the published codes (which keys are possible?) valid?

Mfgillia likes this.
  20. Nice Monkey

Did not see an IR physical port nor in documentation.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/eversolo-manual-dmp-a6.95600/
    But BT or RF remotes may work with it?