Eversolo DMP-A6 Music streamer player coming soon.

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

ROON certifications are well known to take considerable time. But they always come. For the actual A6 ROON support functioning I don't think it matters at all.

I expect it will get the ROON Tested label not just ROON Ready.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
  2. glc650

glc650 Member

Unfortunately, I know this all too well. The A6 is the third Roon Ready device I've owned an none of them were RR when they started selling/shipping. RR certification always came weeks (if not months) after. I've even seen instances on Roon's forum/community of devices taking years to get certified.

If the A6 was actually certified I don't think issues like the reduced max sample rate and mch playback (fixed in recent f/w) would exist. That would have been caught during the certification process and fixed before certification would be granted. So I think it does matter but how much so depends on when certification finally comes and how quickly Eversolo can continue improving/fixing things with f/w updates until then.

3. Nice Monkey

There are many well-known ROON Ready devices with certifications and not supporting MCH. :rolleyes:
    The DMP-A6 in fact is an exception to that rule. :D
    The Zidoo Neo players were all ROON Tested and none supported MCH.

4. glc650

glc650 Member

Were they advertised as supporting mch in Roon though? I know one of the Zidoo products had Roon mch support added after the fact but I don't know if it was advertised from day one as having this feature.

5. Nice Monkey

I don't see a ROON suppport claim with MCH anywhere on the Eversolo/Zidoo pages.

6. glc650

glc650 Member

See the Roon forum. There are a number of discussions (one example) about RR but only for 2ch. My understanding is this changed via f/w update a few months ago but I don't own any Zidoo products so I didn't follow the discussions and can't confirm one way or another. Anyway, my point is if it was never advertised to support mch in Roon then this is just a nice bonus/feature add. If it was supposed to have it day one then that is a another story. The A6 having it since almost day 1 is terrific but I believe it was advertised to.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
  7. glc650

glc650 Member

Well, even with proper RR certification this is still an issue.

8. Cep

Cep New Member

hi, do you think there will be a "Google podcasts" integration one day on the DMPa6? Because TuneIn isn't terrible..

9. Cep

Cep New Member

I found a good alternative that works in apk, Podcast Addict....