Beta version v6.3.92 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Eugenio Elias

Eugenio Elias New Member

Did anyone check if weather widget works now ?
    Thanks
    Z10Pro

2. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Yes it works

3. Trond H. Bergli

Trond H. Bergli New Member

2.Fixed the problem that some CUE multi-channel music is discontinuous.

Can Z1000 Pro play multi-channel flac files?

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

This is not an equipment issue. I have the same problem and so do others on this board. It's a Zidoo problem. I used to have an Nvidea Shield which never had these audio puases.

It's not all formats - see below. For me it's restricted to all formats of Dolby Digital - both lossy and lossless. However as most of my videos are in some format of DD its a pain!

Lossy Dolby Digital - Yes
    Lossless Dolby Atmos - Yes
    Lossless Doly TrueHD - Yes

Lossy AAC - No
    Lossless DTS-HD - No
    Lossless DTS-X - No
    Lossy LPCM - No
    Lossy PCM - No

Letmein and vddan like this.
  5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I hear you! This is my number one gripe.

(I do wish they would improve full bluray support but I can't see that happening at this stage.)

Letmein and vddan like this.
  6. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Then how do you explain why I and probably many others do not have the audio delay issue after pause/forward/rewind/resume.

xskip likes this.
  7. Dr.No

Dr.No New Member

After updating to this newest version, my z10 pro is having many issues. For reference I have 600 movies: 2 external drives and 1 internal drive. When scrolling through the catalog, the movie posters load slower than the previous version and would usually hang from time to time, staying gray and imageless. The option to change the poster for a specific movie does not load and the options turn into gray posters. I have tried factory resetting, clearing the cache and etc. Would this issue be a hardware problem or software? Please help. Thank you!

vddan likes this.
  8. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Same for me.
    However, while I look forward to getting a fix for this issue, I don't find it overly frustrating (yet).

9. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Well i do and been like this since day one, and with latest firmware if you go forward and rewind the video stutters and need to stop then resume playback to work

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Installed this one on my Neo X and will have another look at it on there.
    As a start removed the HDMI-CEC blocker as it would not work with my setup without using that one.

For those wondering about that infamous problem with an audio gap after a video pause or jump this happens identically with my Dune. Also happens with the same audio types. So it most likely originates from the Realtek SOC/SDK.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  11. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear blenky

I said, this is the only problem for me. I don't need full BD support :) Of course, what is good/bad for me, will not be for you ;) Don't you agree?

Sincerely

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've mentioned this a few times - this is caused by HDMI reset and PTS sync.

PTS is Presentation Time Stamp and is handled differently in Dolby and DTS streams (historically, in the early days of DVD, DTS used to have synchronisation issues due to this) - it's essentially time base meta-data in the transport stream or program stream (depending on container) and handles stream synchronisation - in this case, audio and video.

It very much depends on the HDMI sink connected (receiver, display etc) as to how quick this synchronisation takes place and there's very little Zidoo can do to alleviate it due to the variety of HDMI sinks out there and how they handle PTS.

dwalme likes this.
  13. muha

muha Active Member

-Fixed the problem that some CUE multi-channel music is discontinuous.
    Good job.
    I haven't had issues with HDMI CEC turning on Z10 Pro even when of CEC off.

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Can confirm that the audio gap inserted with single track MCH full albums including a CUE sheet is solved. No gaps being inserted anymore. :)
    Updated my aggregated overview accordingly.

For Neo players: the front panel screensaver can be set to None as an option now. This for those preferring it that way. ;)

My OPPO UDP-203 player doesn't do that and that is my reference. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    JosephB. likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

That'll probably be more to do with the HDMI reset than PTS - Different SOCs handle HDMI negotiations in different ways.

16. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

if set in the settings VS10 only for DV, then it reacts only to profiles 5 and 8. 7 profile, EL + RPU and full UHD DB HDR DV player sees as soon as HDR. El is very bad. It looks like this player differs little from the apple one with its 5 profile.
    Tried early firmware 22,35,41,66,75,88,90 and the latest. Lead such a result.
    Is it possible to improve the VS10 somehow?

17. Glorioso

Glorioso Member

The CEC problem presists here, Z9X, Denon 2700 and LG B9. Whenever I switch inputs on TV the Z9X turns ON :-(

Random_Vibration likes this.
  18. Markswift2003

Not completely sure what you mean, but if you use VS10 for DV only and do not have a DV display then Profile 7 and 8 will play the base layers only because there is no need for conversion - that's the whole point of a Dolby Vision Compatibility Layer.

For Profile 8 it can be a bit more complicated because depending on encoding, it can have either SDR, HDR10 or HLG base layers, although HDR10 is the more usual.

Profile 5 does not have a compatible base layer so needs to be converted with VS10.

serg fedorov likes this.
  19. ofir

ofir Member

very important
    The weather fault has been fixed
    Why not fix the menu in Hebrew ?

20. BREY

BREY Member

Hello. I want to know: at what settings will the declared sound adjustment by CEC work? no combinations of through channel and hdmi raw / auto format help. I have a 1000pro/reiver/tv circuit. I can control the 1000pro with the TV and receiver remotes, but there is no declared volume control of the receiver with the Zidoo remote control. Please explain or remove this from the description!