Beta version v6.3.92 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 1, 2022.

1. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

yes, exactly the same for me. Since the last 2 firmwares I've only had problems with my receiver, it's going totally crazy. if i disable cec in the z9x and then turn the tv and receiver off and on again, everything is fine again. At first I thought everything was fine again because the player no longer boots up when the TV is switched on, but now the connection between the TV and the receiver is dropping at random. I will leave cec disabled in the z9x options for now. It's better to use 2 remote controls than the receiver going totally crazy

I spent the whole day yesterday troubleshooting, changing cables, resetting the tv and receiver and so on. until I realized that it was the cec from the z9x

Random_Vibration likes this.
  2. Idris78

Idris78 New Member

With the firmware I now have the problem that the player turns on when I go to SAT (channel).
    Have an LG TV, Zidoo is connected to the soundbar. I didn't have the problem with other FW. Who else has the problem?
    It's annoying, it always turns on.

Random_Vibration likes this.
  3. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

I had the same problem with the firmware before that. with this, the player no longer turns on. But he lets my sound system fail. The best is, you disable cec in the z9x settings. Until that is fixed, in case it should ever work properly again.
    many people have problems with cec. I was also surprised that everything worked perfectly with the z9x, until now of course

4. george kmb

george kmb New Member

anyone know why since many many firmwares ago i can't download greek subs?? the message i get is "search for subtitles failed"

Letmein likes this.
  5. Idris78

Idris78 New Member

So the problem is known? I had no problems before.

6. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

I'm also experiencing (minor) unexpected behaviour with CEC on the last two beta firmwares (.90 and .92) with my Z9x

Until now, it worked like this :
    Zidoo is sleeping. When I turn on my TV, Zidoo remains asleep. When I get to the HDMI input where my Zidoo is plugged in, Zidoo wakes up. When I turn off the TV, whatever source I'm displaying, Zidoo goes back to sleep.

Currently, Zidoo wakes up when I turn on my TV, even if I'm only using YouTube. It doesn't wait for me to get on it's dedicated input. It's not what's expected. It properly goes back to sleep when turning the TV off though.
    I'm using a Panasonic JZ1500, there's nothing between the Zidoo and the TV.

7. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Please keep it in English, it makes it so much easier to read.

8. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

I pretty much have the same behavior but can’t test any other device at the moment.
    Does it initially also take several seconds for audio to kick in after you start playback?
    For me it does, which indicates that my soundbar takes some to process the audio. When skipping forward, the “sync” is not broken because the player is super fast in resuming playback. When pausing this is broken and it needs to “sync” again.
    Not sure about this, but it may be an explanation. @Markswift2003 does this make sense?

vddan likes this.
  9. Taler

Taler New Member

Yes, unfortunately, I can confirm that.
    IMDB and RT ratings no longer work for both movies and TV shows this is really very bad. Please I hope and ask that the problem can be fixed quickly.
    ohso I can only report here from the UDH3000

Thanks again to the Zidoo team for the otherwise great work.

Greetings Thaler

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
  10. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Normally it means that they from now on use it as a factory installed default image.

TifKag likes this.
  12. Alain Durrenberger

Alain Durrenberger New Member

Hi all,
    Thanks to Zidoo for this update.:cool:

I have read a few comments in this thread and I have 2 comments to make based on my personal experience.
    CEC is like a "worm that rots the apple", HDMI certification has been criticized for years and it's almost a miracle
    that we manage to make it work with the current standards, speeds, then add CEC to it to control the extinction or the volume
    of a device cant corrupt the general operation.

Me personally it's been a few years since new audio/video equipment arrives at my house, the first thing I do is to deactivate this grrrr "CEC" and my HDMI sources and especially my MK2 tell me thank you ;)

About audio delays? sometimes it's hard to find which source is responsible? but most of the time it comes from the processor or home cinema amplifier for proof even at StormAudio on my MK2 in some cases there are audio delays with play / pause etc. StormAudio is working on it to find solutions and disabling CEC can help in some cases ;)

Sorry for my English:(

13. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

.sub .idx problem still there but since based on 6.3.90 I didn't really expect it fixed, mirror got the files to test and can compare with ZDMC(Kodi), VLC....... and native player.

best regards,

Armin

14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Different SOC, different SDK etc I guess..

It's only tied into specific makes or models in as much as some sync quicker than others.

I didn't realise it wasn't there in earlier firmware as it's not something I really notice - Any idea which one or around when it changed?

15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, that makes sense - presumably the PTS data is still being read on skipping, fast forward etc but stops when paused.

I'm interested in what @blenky said about this issue not being there in earlier firmware though...

I just blatted a box back to August 2020 and he's absolutely right - no delayed audio start! As I said, I wasn't aware of that and my Denons only have a 2 second delay on the later firmware so it's never really something that's bothered me.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  16. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

HDMI CEC still is broken for me. Broken differently, but still broken. Now, when watching TV and I toggle from the TV speakers the receiver, the sound is not routed to the receiver anymore. Unplug the Z9X from the receiver, and it works as normal. This problem never occurred before firmware 6.3.90. Atleast not in recent history. Everything worked just perfectly (for me). The firmware on the TV and receiver has not changed since the introduction of the Zidoo Z9X firmware => 6.3.90

What was done in this firmware and the one before it broke CEC reliability in my setup. TV and receiver needs to be protected from the Z9X CEC pin to function normally. Turnung off CEC on the Z9X probably works but I block the pin entirely if it is causing other devices to malfunction. This is as it was in the earlier days of Z9X CEC malfunctions. It's like the bad old days are back again.

TV is a LG C6 and the receiver is a Marantz. I did not test it with the Sony X85j, TCL 5 series, or Samsung JS8500 because there apparently is still an issue with the CEC implementation and was not curious beyond this. The firmware before 6.3.90 was ultra reliable as far as CEC was concerned.

17. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Try .92, it is different

18. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

My apologies if I wasn't clear. I posted this post under the .92 thread because this was after I installed the .92 firmware. I indicated that anything greater or equal to 6.3.90 is problematic for my devices. Both 6.3.90 and 6.3.92 are problematic firmwares for my LG / Marantz set up. It is unclear how it works with other 4K TVs I have on hand. I know 6.3.90 was not good for my Sony or LG. 6.3.92 is still bad for the LG. If there is some benefit, I can test it with the others.

The original problem of turning itself on when it shouldn't appears to be fixed. It seems to have another, worse problem I hadn't notice or tested the 6.3.90. 6.3.92 causes other devices to malfunction if CEC is turned on.

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Told you ;-> Hopefully Zidoo will take this seriously now. With my Pioneer amp delay is about 4 - 5 secs.

vddan, JosephB. and Markswift2003 like this.
  20. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

Finally someone near the throne :D ;) ...noticed our problem with audio delay... Hopefully this problem will go to the king's ears ;)

Sincerely

vddan, boxerfan, blenky and 1 other person like this.