Beta version v6.3.92 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Yes, with the previous FW my zidoo 1000 pro started when I start my sat receiver, my LG tv & my Onkyo 1100. With the latest FW now it's OK - Zidoo starts only when I need it. The problem again is the ARC occasional drop between TV & Receiver
    when I'm watching TV from sat receiver. Then I have to put on my Zidoo (only on - without switching the input) & I have sound!

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

So I'm putting together some test files - I have AC3, E-AC3, TrueHD, TrueHD Atmos and E-AC3 Atmos.

Are there any other formats that have this delay?

JosephB. likes this.
  3. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Markswift2003

90% of movies/series today contains Dolby tracks. I will check movies with DTS:X, DTS-HD MA and let you know.

Sincerely

4. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @Markswift2003

I have tested and results are:

1. Prometheus DTS-HD MA 7.1
    - pause/resume 1s delay
    - seek 0-90% 1-2s delay

2. Gladiator DTS:X
    - pause/resume 1s delay
    - seek 0-90% 1-2s delay

3. Furious 6 DTS 5.1
    - pause/resume 2s delay
    - seek 0-90% 2-3s delay

4. Furious 7 DTS-HD HRA 7.1
    - pause/resume 0-1s delay
    - seek 0-90% 0-1s delay

In DTS tracks it's less "visible" then in Dolby ones.

I don't know why, but I think more delay is visible, when seeking 0-90% (the function in Z9X, when you click 1 it will go to 10% of the movie, 3 - 30% etc), then when pausing/resuming. But this might be my personal feelings ;)

Sincerely

5. deibit

deibit New Member

This is a chinese domain, so the censorship you are implying (if any) can only be in the opposite direction.. :)

6. nhtdm

nhtdm Member

1) Ziddo UHD3000 firmware version 6.3.92 still can't play The Godfather 4K ISO with menu. It "Plays" from the menu then return to the menu again, can't start the movie.
    2) Ziddo UHD3000 can't start slide show if the folder has more 3, 4 thousand JPG files (Ziddo X20 Pro can even plays slide show with more than 12,000 files in folder no problem)

Dune Ultra 4K Vision plays all without problems above.

JosephB. likes this.
  7. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Yes, I still have receiver failures even if cec is deactivated in the z9x. Although not as often as when it is activated, but today it happened 2 or 3 times that my receiver failed, even though cec was deactivated in the z9x.
    If I unplug the hdmi cable from the z9x, everything is fine again.
    I think I'll buy a cec blocker now, better safe than sorry.
    Earc can no longer be used with a cec blocker, can it?

Random_Vibration and xskip like this.
  8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

audio delay is Only on pause

also you only use HT ? if i read correctly ?
    i only use the normal media player

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter if you play video via Ht4 or via Media Centre. Both use Zidoo player and have the issue.

vddan likes this.
  10. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

A nice improvement would be, when you hit pause it automatically rolls back 2 seconds. So after getting your coffee and press play it picks up just before you paused and the audio will become available at the pause point!!! Win win. Of course it would be nice if the problem could be fixed...

darkeyes909 likes this.
  11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

another quick check with various audio/video file types for the pause audio delays with this new firmware

Doesnt seem to have had any changes

DD 5.1 5 sec audio delay after pause no synch issues almost No delay sliding position in track forward or back
    DD plus 5.1 5 sec audio delay after pause no synch issues almost No delay sliding position in track forward or back

DTS 7.1 HDMA 1-2 sec audio delay after pause no synch issues almost No delay sliding position in track forward or back
    DTS X 1-2 sec audio delay after pause no synch issues almost No delay sliding position in track forward or back
    DTS Atmos 1-2 sec audio delay after pause no synch issues almost No delay sliding position in track forward or back

SACD iso Eagles no delays at all after pause

isnt this showing its only the non Raw audio files having the issue ?

and again
    same files on my Z9S have almost no audio delay at all

k Think i have the issue sorted

Turned Settings / Audio / Pass-Through compatibilty mode to OFF

it was on on mine for some reason

the 5 sec non RAW files above now have only a 1-2 sec audio delay after a pause

something to check for everyone with the issue

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    Markswift2003 likes this.
  12. boolian

boolian Member

Thanks for making Google Play work! I logged in to my Google account and everything. Also the weather widget works now.

13. Markswift2003

Nice catch!

Certainly here if I set Pass Through Compatibility to <on> I suddenly get longer delays, particularly with AC3 and E-AC3.

@blenky , @UTAVATU and anyone else having this issue, can you test this to see if it makes a difference with your equipment.

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Ta

Not sure when it got turned on must have been 3 maybe 4 firmwares back since audio delays been around(again) for about that long

seemed to fit with when id posted above it was only non RAW audio with the delay issue ,and only thing in settings i could find to do with raw audio

Denon 3700h 8k ready amp so not something id have turned on myself (or if i did it was like day 1 checking settings lol )

lawdawg likes this.
  15. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Markswift2003

I am not using this feature, I mean I have Pass Through Compatibility set to disabled. I have tried every possible option, which is related with audio and there is always audio delay. But of course I will check with enabled option to see if it's longer, but from memory it is, that was the reason I set it to disable ;)

Sincerely

16. Markswift2003

If you could check to see if setting it "On" makes the delays longer that would be great - It could be a big clue as to the problem.

17. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Markswift2003

OK. I have tested and results:

1. Prometheus DTS-HD MA 7.1
    - pause/resume 2s delay
    - seek 0-90% 2s delay

2. Gladiator DTS:X
    - pause/resume 2s delay
    - seek 0-90% 2s delay

3. Furious 6 DTS 5.1
    - pause/resume 2s delay
    - seek 0-90% 2s delay

4. Furious 7 DTS-HD HRA 7.1
    - pause/resume 1s delay
    - seek 0-90% 1s delay

5. Braveheart Dolby Atmos
    - pause/resume 3s delay with PTC and 1-2s without
    - seek 0-90% 3s delay with PTC and 1-2s without

So, yes, turning Pass Through Compatibility on add some extra seconds audio delay, which make things worse.

Dolby has greater audio delay then DTS in all cases by 1-2 seconds.

I have also tested option Direct Volume enable/disable and option Native Sample enable/disable in Z9X Audio Settings - it's the same in both cases if it's enabled/disabled, no differences.

-------

1. I have also a question no related with audio delays. If you be so kind and add option to subtitles, which will give custom step to configure subtitles delay. It's now +/- 0.1s step. I would like to change this default to other in some cases for example +/- 0.2s, 0.5s, 1s. It's sometimes useful to have more options, but +/- 0.1s is also great.

2. I asked this before, would you be so kind and add simple option which will enable/disable showing "Loading video..." page before playing videos? Any chances for this cosmetic change for Old Zidoo User? You can even go further with this option and give users to choose their own text/image instead of "Loading video..." It would be also great. In my case I would like to hide this "Loading video..." text before my files are played in such case there is just black screen.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Sincerely

Letmein likes this.
  18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I've never had Pass Through Compatibility on - and its not on now. I turned it on and made thing much worse.

Test of DD5.1 lossy file.

Pass Through enabled - delay 10 secs
    Pass Through disabled (my default) - delay 3 secs

Also there is a delay at the start of playback as well. Not really noticed this as the shorter delay is lost in the HDMI resync -but is clearly noticed with Pass Through Compatibility turned on.

19. X-hedgehog

X-hedgehog New Member

Zidoo z9x -> AVR Denon S950H -> TV Panasonic 50ST60
    Volume control via HDMI-CEC is not working.

20. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear blenky

I have a delay with audio and image on the start of playback. For example, when I play Disney+, Netflix series with it's logo on the beginning, I miss this logo, movie starts from the first second, but visible picture is after this logo. To watch this logo from the beginning I need to press 0 on the remote to go to 0% of the movie and then I have got visible Disney+ and Netflix logo, but without 1s audio, which is related with audio delay (all of them are Dolby Atmos/DD+).

Is it possible to start every movie that way it will be visible from the 1 second (I am talking about video not audio now), that way for example Disney+ logo will be visible form the first second? I know, that this might be related with HDMI sync, but I have got forced 4K@23.976 and this series are also 4K@23.976.

Sincerely

darkeyes909 likes this.