Review and need-to-know Eversolo DMP-A6 streamer

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Nice Monkey, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Update Library button, under 3 dots when you display the library element(s).

Reelyator likes this.
  2. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...found it, thank you @Jjb067 !

Next Question: afair so mentioned that you can toggle between Stereo and MCH when playing music from SACD Iso files. I mean during Playback.

How? I see no corresponding Button in the player....
    I only know how set preference for SACD Playback under the HDMI Settings (MCH or Stereo)

3. GeNeRiKz

GeNeRiKz Member

I have never seen a SACD player able to alternate Stereo/Multi-ch mode (on the fly) during playback, it's a different bitstream entirely.

I doubt the A6 can do that either.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
  4. Carlos Lima

Carlos Lima New Member

it's possible.
    During the reading page at the top right is displayed DSD 5.1...
    click on it and it goes to DSD2.0....

GeNeRiKz and Reelyator like this.
  5. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...such a nice feature that you can switch between MCH ans Stereo, even during playback!

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Works like a charm with A6 (not A8). The Zidoo media players and also Dune can do this already since several years.

Keeping ripped SACD in original SACD ISO format is just great and highly recommended.
    Obviously one can also rip the CD layer for the 3rd format. Never do that myself.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...ther-knowhow-for-hifi-players-playback.86336/
    Chapter-4 SACD knowhow.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
    Ecki likes this.
  7. GeNeRiKz

GeNeRiKz Member

WOW, it works! First time I'm able to alternate DSD 2.0/5.1 on the fly. Thanks.

Information added to: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/dmp-a6-and-6ch-hdmi-out-experience.97875/

Now I have a good reason to re-rip all my multi-ch SACDs to ISO.... and increase my storage space as well!

8. anddrej

anddrej New Member

Hello,

simple question...when you turns switch ON on back side does unit turns ON or goes in standby mode?
    Thank you.

andrej

9. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

It doesn't turn on, you need to press the front volume button to turn on. I don't have the remote so maybe you can turn it on that way.

10. anddrej

anddrej New Member

Thank you for quick reply.
    I don't have it yet, that's why i making questions which didn't found in manuals.
    I read that also not supports wakeup on lan...is this true?

11. Jone1973

Jone1973 Member

You can choose in the settings whether the unit turns on directly after using the main switch at the back or of it goes into the standby mode first. It is up to you.

12. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

That is correct, no WOL on the A6.

13. anddrej

anddrej New Member

Thank you

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Copied the A6/A8 power-on remote code to one of my other controls. Works like a charm now.
    A friendly shop owner may borrow a control for a few minutes. The only really essential button on that remote is for power.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    Miki222 likes this.
  15. Here are the HEX codes for the A6 that I learned to (and saved from) my Unfolded Circle remote 2 from my Harmony 665. I don't know if the OP has a universal remote that he can enter codes into.

key format code
    Power_Toggle HEX 3;0x181B24D;32;0
    Function HEX 3;0x1811AE5;32;0
    Repeat HEX 3;0x181649B;32;0
    Source HEX 3;0x1813AC5;32;0
    Up_Arrow HEX 3;0x1818679;32;0
    Right_Arrow HEX 3;0x1819867;32;0
    Left_Arrow HEX 3;0x1816897;32;0
    Down_Arrow HEX 3;0x181649B;32;0
    Play HEX 3;0x181EA15;32;0
    Pause HEX 3;0x181EA15;32;0
    Skip_Back HEX 3;0x1816897;32;0
    Skip_Forward HEX 3;0x1819867;32;0
    Info HEX 3;0x1818679;32;0
    Menu HEX 3;0x18122DD;32;0
    Mute HEX 3;0x18102FD;32;0
    Select HEX 3;0x181EA15;32;0
    Vol_UP HEX 3;0x181A857;32;0
    Vol_Down HEX 3;0x18138C7;32;0

16. anddrej

anddrej New Member

When you play album, can you set transition between songs so you not have silence between them? Or when you switch from one source to another...

17. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

@admin
    If this is better placed soewhere else (I couldn't remember a better thread) feel free to move it adequately.

NRD has a fair (IMO) review of the A6... it's been a looong time the A6 has been on the scene, so this review comes a bit out of the blue, but nevertheless, it might interest somebody...

Jasper999, Inti and _Richard_ like this.
  18. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Something like fade-in, fade-out? I do not think it is something currently available...

19. anddrej

anddrej New Member

No it's not...but will be great to have this option

20. anddrej

anddrej New Member

Another question...i added music(folders with files) to ssd...in music folder. Then i added to library...all fine. Today i added another music(folder with files) to ssd...in music folder, but now i can't ad this new music to my existed library. How to do this?