Review and need-to-know Eversolo DMP-A6 streamer

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Nice Monkey, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I am using a BT set with integrated volume control.

2. Calypso

Calypso Member

I am controlling the volume from the Sony Connect App which is now running on the DMP, so how did you set it to integrated and where?

3. Nice Monkey

Control is a button feature on the BT speaker set (JBL) and also of my Headset.

4. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...seems like i am too dump, to set up my new DMP-A6:
    Connected it to my AVR (exclusively with HDMI)
    Connected it to the Network via LAN
    Updated to FW 1.2.50
    Added my NAS as Source

All looks good, Playback is running, visible on the device and in the App but no sound is heard :confused:

HDMI settings are left on default. Volume controll on the DMP-A6 is switched off (because volume is controled by the AVR).

Is there anything specific i need to consider to allow playback through HDMI???

I already tried out several inputs on my AVR with different cables but the result is stil the same:.......silence
    Therefore i am pretty surte that the cause lies somewhere in the DMP-A6, not in the AVR or the cable.

5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Sorry to ask, but have you selected HDMI out on the A6?
    By volume control is switched off you mean you activated the volume-bypass I suppose.

6. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

....were do i select HDMI out??
    I see no option to selec the output Output in the settings menue...

7. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Reelyator likes this.
  8. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Sorry the answer has got mangled into the top bit but is correct

9. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...got it Thank you!!

First playback with MCH from SACD Iso on the NMVE SSD sounds promissing;)

Next to-do for me will be to figure out how to make the SSD visible on the network.

10. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Under Files, there is an SMB option, ensure Samba services are ON, then you should be able to see your A6 and any connected drives under the name DMP_SAMBA on your network. If on a Win PC, then you check using File Explorer, Network pane. If you don't see it, File Explorer can be used to find your A6 IP address, check syntax under Transfer page of Cast. A quick way to get at your internal SSD from a PC is to directly connect a USB cable to top OTG port, ensure OTG setting is set to PC mode.

Reelyator likes this.
  11. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...that worked as well.

Strangely i could NOT access from my WinPC after creating a custom password. Error message: Incorrect user/password. Only after deactivating the password under the SMB-Settings i could connect.

12. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

OK I have only ever had the password feature disabled so didn't notice your issue.

13. Inti

Inti Active Member

Password 123

14. GeNeRiKz

GeNeRiKz Member

What Receiver are you using on the other end?

Getting HDMI handshakes issues (glitches, sync noises, random white noise bursts even when playing has stopped, etc.) with my OPPO 205 in DSD mode that I don't know how to fix/troubleshoot.

15. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

..i know the default Password;-)
    I Wanted to CHANGE it.

16. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

I am using a Marantz SR7011 with and additional MM7025 Stereo Ampflifier.

Please consider my statement above as a very first impression. Up to now i have only quickly connected my DMP-A6 for initially trying out if the desired funktions work at all (...up to now they do).

I still need to go through all the possible connections (Stereo Out to the Headphone Amp, XLR to the MM7025, HDMI to the AVR to get a solid impression about the overall performance of the device.

17. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Were the heck is the Eversolo pulling the Artists-Pictures from?
    My Settings (cast/music/scanning) is set to
    - local information only
    - priorise local pictures
    but still artist pictures are displayed that are obviously NOT form my artist folder

How can i enforce this setting?

18. Nice Monkey

Embedded meta data (pictures) have priority above folder files. Use a good program to change/update/remove them.

19. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...there are no metadata pictures in my flacs!

And afaik embedded pictures only work for Albums. My post is related to ARTIST-Pictures, not Albums!

20. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...and one more thing: How can i force the DMP-A6 to refresh the library?

"Automatic Update of Sources" is switched "ON" (under cast/music/scanning) but one Album that i renamed the folder days ago is still in the library and causes nothing but error messages when i try to play back.