New firmware v1.3.0 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Wang

Wang Member

Thanks , well done

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Can not support 3D iso currently,please try 2D movie.

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Tried NTFS?

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

ok thanks Mirror

will it be available later for Iso 3D ?

see you

5. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Mirror,

ok iso 2D works, Not perfect (compared to Egreat player) but you have done a huge job well done :)

6. sodeknetters

sodeknetters New Member

that is a nice addition to the existing functionality!! good job development team!!

7. javarix

javarix Member

The problem is still. :-( HDMI recording with a file over 3.6GB still does not work. I have just recorded a movie with hdmi again, the file is split into 2 files, the hard disk is fornated with NTFS also use the HDMI_IN_HACK_1222.apk problem please finally fix .

8. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

If you replaced the HDMI apk with HDMI hack it will not work, we have to wait for update hack. Does it work with new HDMI apk?

9. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Confirmed... same question: plan to add 3D BD menu support as well? This is indeed a good development however.

10. Ten_of_a_Kind

Ten_of_a_Kind New Member

Hi mirror,

Not sure this was mentioned, but the NTFS HDD experience right now is very bad. This is what happens with an NTFS HDD connected to USB 3 or SATA.
    One user said that the only thing to solve this was to format it to EXT3 or EXT4, which are Linux exclusive. But I use Windows :-(

May I please ask that you relay to the developers to focus on solidifying the NTFS driver? My Zidoo is a paper-weight right now.

Please help,
    Thank you,
    - Ten_of_a_Kind

P.S. I didn't find anything relating to NTFS on 1.2.12. I am on 1.2.11.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  11. ikkjr

ikkjr New Member

Good job! Full Bluray Menu support is really a big step in perfecting the media player!

Is it possible to add an option "Use external subtitle as default" to the Subtitle Advance option?
    Many users like to use external subtitle as the player has much greater control over the internal one. Thanks :)

12. polakis

polakis Member

Great update! But i have lost the default browser app for the internet. Cant find it! How can i restore it?

13. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

I would like this ability to...!!!!!
    Many thanks

14. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Proud of you guys. What a perfect update. Full Blu Ray support. It's (almost) perfect. Zidoo X9S keeps better and better!

Also i have a few things and questions what (i hope) it can be improved in the future.
    1: Hope you guys can fix the pgs subtitle support inside an mkv. (Yeah it works, but the positioning of the height is off, when you comapre it with a blu ray movie with the same pgs subtitle. In a Blu Ray movie the subtitle is on the correct height)
    2: Hope you guys can do the same trick with internal srt subtitles, as you do now with external subtitles with the new and improved feature. (HTML Tags, Resizing etc. etc.) It's perfect with external subtitles!
    3: When i use the download subtitle function in the external player, i get only english subtitles. Is there a way to change the default subtitle search language or websites? Where can i change this setting?

My Compliments and Thanks for your hard works to get the Zidoo X9S getting better. :)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  15. jroiby

jroiby New Member

Good job , Thank Zidoo team!

16. zago84

zago84 New Member

I can confirm that problem is present in exFAT and NTFS too. I tried both cases.

17. javarix

javarix Member

@Sarco i have tested with and without hdmi hack. its the same problem with ntfs harddisk.

Still a problem is with the hdmi recording schedule. The recording should take 4 hours 30 min. But this is terminated automatically after 90 minutes. This is now without hdmi hack only with the 1.3.0 beta Firmware. In a second attempt with the schedule on automatic stands stopped the recording after 1 hour 51 min on.

18. agmarco

agmarco Member

Does this work for X8 also?

19. Migeye

Migeye Member

Comes full br menu in 2 and 3D also to the x6pro?

20. Mario Johnson

Mario Johnson New Member

Playing normal video files from a USB stick is unstable, very hit and miss. I found this to be on version V.1.2.7 - v.1.2.12 and now this version. When i updated all was fine, but when i went back to it later it wouldn't play (goes back to menu on usb drive). I always do this test after a firmware update.