Freezing desktop menu

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by tumzik, Oct 19, 2016.

1. tumzik

tumzik New Member

Hello,
    my device freezes at random times only helps off switch.
    Example: When turned on the screen, and the desktop controller does not respond - reboot everything works, the films shows many hours without problems, this happens 1 time out of 3 inclusions, while when the control panel is not responding, using Samba on LAN - Openwrt works fine.
    When obtaining a was firmware 1.2.0.- immediately after switching on agreed update to 1.2.3 - started freezing (maybe they were in 1.2.0 - no statistics). Now 1.2.4 in my Zidoo x9s - that's a hardware malfunction and should be returned to the seller or errors and everything will be fixed ?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  2. retlik

retlik New Member

i have same problem when random time switch another hdmi then after a while it frezee and help off switch.1.2.4 same problem. it occur random and when use another device and back zidoo. when it happen hdmi no signal. openwrt panel not respond front panel time freeze.

then switch off or ctrl alt del on it works normal. how can we solve this issue.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  3. spring

spring Guest

Hi
    you means when you plug in the HDMI IN port? and the HDMI IN will random "no signal"?

4. tumzik

tumzik New Member

Hi
    I solved the problem with freezing!
    I have plugged HDD-SATA in NTFS format, when modified
    format EXT3 (4) -all freeze stopped.
    Developers an NTFS driver for Zidoo have yet to upgrade.

5. Ten_of_a_Kind

Ten_of_a_Kind New Member

Hi tumzik,

I have a similar problem with my Zidoo X9S which randomly freezes when I connect an external HDD to it (USB 3 or SATA doesn't matter).
    It is formatted to NTFS with default Allocation Unit Size.

What did you mean by "when modified format EXT3 (4) -all freeze stopped"? What is "EXT3 (4)" exactly?

When I look at my options to re-format my HDD, I have these options:
    1. NTFS with Allocation Unit Sizes of:
      1. Default
      2. 4096
      3. 8192
      4. 16K
      5. 32K
      6. 64K
    2. exFAT with Allocation Unit Sizes of:
      1. Default
      2. 64K
      3. 128K
      4. 256K
      5. 512K
      6. 1024K
      7. 2048K
      8. 4096K
      9. 8192K
      10. 16384K
      11. 32768K
    There is no option called "EXT3 (4)". Can you please explain?

Thank you,
    - Ten_of_a_Kind

6. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Are two native Unix/Linux format. More precisely EXT3 and EXT4. So Android, that is a Linux derivative, with almost the same kernel as Linux (this explain why on X9S is there a "cut down" OpenWRT available) is natively able to handle this format, usually used in internal flash memory partitions on Android devices.
    Keep in mind that, if you choose to format your external drives to EXT or EXT4, your PC (windows) will not recognize or handle them any more, unless you find and install right programs/drivers that make it compatible. Don't ask me which.
    If you need more information you can find yourself a lot by googling...

7. Ten_of_a_Kind

Ten_of_a_Kind New Member

Hmm, I see -_-

I'm so far disappointed in my X9S. I was suggested to try 1.2.12 to see if it helps this issue, but I don't have high hopes.

Well, thank you for the explanation Paco.

8. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

If your is a pervasive issue, I instead hope Zidoo will confirm and debug it.
    Sorry, I'm not able to do any test about nor right now interested to this feature.