New firmware v1.3.0 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Mar 4, 2017.

1. cool_cat

cool_cat New Member

Tried HDMI-IN recording function with NTFS hard disk. I don't have hdmi hack.
    Finally it works! I've recorded a 90 minutes program in the best quality in a single .TS file!
    Thank you very much Zidoo!:)

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello cool_cat,

good news, thanks for the information

the team Zidoo did a great job with this firmware :)

3. javarix

javarix Member

Lol @cool_cat with it I do not confirm. Try to record more than 90 min. With firmware 1.3.0 beta the recording automatically stops at 4.17GB which is exactly 1 hour 36min 22 sec. He does not take it anymore. There is no second file and you have not recording the full movie. Whether the video duration is 4: 30:00 hours or set to "auto". This hdmi in app does not work absolutely. Either with or without hdmi hack after factory reset no matter. With the hdmi hack is better you have many files with 3,9GB. more parts but the full movie. @ cool_cat try but once a movie with over 2 hours to record and post whether it works with your full recording settings. And I have here 2 pieces Zidoo x9s a hardware error I can exclude. the HDMI IN problem is on both.

My Recording settings without the HDMI Hack:

Video:
    Resolution: auto
    OutputFormat: TS
    BitRate: 6M

Audio:
    SampleRate: 48000
    ChannelCount: 2

OutputMode: File
    VideoDuration: "Auto" or "4:30:00" absolutely no matter
    Path: /storage/spiderman_bla_bla

After 96:32 Min the recording stops automatically and the *.ts file size is 4,17G
    The 500gb hard drive is factory re-formatted with ntfs conneted at the USB 3.0 port

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  4. jpnn80

jpnn80 New Member

Bug noticed with Support of custom shadow for srt subtitle: the option doesn't appear in subtitles menu when playing a mkv file having internal srt subtitle file.

5. zago84

zago84 New Member

I tried with an usb pendrive (32GB) in NTFS and exFAT too but at less of 4 GB it split files (about 52 minutes). This problem is present in 1.2.11, 1.2.12 and 1.3.0 beta too!

P.S. I tried only with. MP4 output. I will try with .TS output.

6. lioraclev

lioraclev Member

Error when I try get in from smb or nfs.
    The zidoo make restart.

7. javarix

javarix Member

Hello zidoo team

you really good work but I would like to remind you that the HDMI IN recording is an very important part of the Zidoo x9s. And also by many users and myself the purchase reason for this device is and was. More important than any Blu Ray menus or other minor. I therefore please error localization with the HDMI recording to localize and fix this immediately. I have bought 2 of these x9s devices. I'm expecting me this zidoo x9s runs smoothly with 100 % functions, without which I waste a lot of time for testing. Also a sales argument from the company zidoo to buy these z9s because of HDMI IN recording. But what sense does it have if this has not or only half the functions? HDMI IN is a basic function, so please set the priority to fix this errors. Otherwise, I can use the 2 pieces zidoo x9s throw in the garbage. A pure mediaplayer I could have bought 70% cheaper from another company also. Sorry for my hard words but from me now talk out 318 USD. I hope you understand. Many Thanks

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    zago84 and zidology like this.
  8. papiguy

papiguy Member

Same result when recording on a synology server (file system ext4). Not a major issue but this has been solved on X9.

9. papiguy

papiguy Member

It works with HDMI_IN_HACK_1222.apk

10. cool_cat

cool_cat New Member

No splitting files problems for me.
    My complain is that if the input is 60 Hz, it will record at 30 fps and the video will result "jerky".
    How to solve?:eek:

11. javarix

javarix Member

@ cool_cat i dont understand why you have no splitting parts when you recording. Other users and myself have splitting parts. Please post now your recording settings here in the board to compare. I can not believe it . and yes i have the same jerky problems here with 60hz if i recording with 30fps. I hope the zidoo team gives response in the next time and fix this major problems.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    zidology likes this.
  12. GiseoPark

GiseoPark New Member

Thanks for your work! Zidoo team !

13. cool_cat

cool_cat New Member

Last video recorded with these settings:

NO Hdmi-in Hack /external 1TB NTFS hard disk

Video:
    Resolution: 720p
    BitRate: 10M

Audio:
    SampleRate: 48000

VideoDuration: 02:30

Stopped the recording manually at end of the movie.
    Now I have this single file:
    VID_20170305_191240_1
    lenght 01:40:23 / size 6,15 GB
    Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1280x720 59.94fps [V: h264 high L4.2, yuv420p, 1280x720]
    Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo 133kbps [A: aac lc, 48000 Hz, stereo, 133 kb/s]

* My only problem is the "JERKY" video with 60hz source. Fix this, please! *

14. javarix

javarix Member

thanks @cool_cat for posting your settings. can you try a recording a movie with 1080p Full HD length over 90-100 min with BITRATE 6M and check for 1 file?

and for jerky 60hz try the resolution in HDMI Rec app change from"AUTO" take "1080p" It is then recorded with 25p, it helps a little for recording if the source has 60hz

15. lioraclev

lioraclev Member

if i go from "es file exporer" to my nas for play moive all ok .
    but if i go to my nas or smb from "media center" the zidoo make reboot
    why?

16. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

I have the exact same issue lioraclev. My x9s reboots when I try to access from media center my WD MyCloud 4TB using NFS. No answer of fix about this yet

lioraclev likes this.
  17. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I don't have any reboots (I almost always use Media Center), but beginning after update to 1.3.0 beta, only on the first access to my SMB (Windows 10) shares, an "unknown error" popup, but then I'm able to access and play shared files without issues (until now).

The only think I don't like (until now, again ;) ) in this new ZidooPlayer version is the too long time staying on the screen of video file info on start or (worse) after a pause or a skip.
    Will be very nice if tihs behaviour become adjustable.

18. looun

looun Member

Thank Zidoo team!
    little slow with some BD, but for first release work good.

19. ginulfo

ginulfo New Member

Hi All,

did you improve ZDMC sw ?? I have a problem playing iptv m3u list it use internal player.
    I always get "can't play video". It seems that for certain type of files ZDMC is forced to use internal player (same used for home theater app) instead of his "own" player.

20. cool_cat

cool_cat New Member

This was my first try.

Video:
    Resolution: 1080p
    BitRate: 10M

Audio:
    SampleRate: 96000

VideoDuration: 02:00

Stopped the recording manually at end of the movie.
    Now I have this single file:

VID_20170304_220655_1
    lenght 01:28:25 / size 5,34 GB
    Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 59.94fps [V: h264 high L4.2, yuv420p, 1920x1080]
    Audio: AAC 96000Hz stereo 264kbps [A: aac lc, 96000 Hz, stereo, 264 kb/s]

* This video is "JERKY": recording source at 60hz. Video recorded results 59.94fps. Check, it is not 25. I don't want 59.94fps and jerky videos! *