New firmware v1.2.15 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Nov 10, 2023.

1. Kenno

Kenno New Member

Hi, thanks for the new firmware. There is still the issue I pointed out last time with FW v1.2.10. In the new Android app EverSolo Controller, the names of artists and songs in the Play queue list are not fully displayed, see screenshot. It is a tablet with a 10.2 inch display.

I also want to add information about a rather serious problem that unfortunately also occurred with previous FWs - frequent freezing of the DMP-A6 device. I had to use the back power button to restart. I did a factory reset but the problem is still there. I wanted to install one of the previous FW but unfortunately the DMP-A6 does not support or allow this option.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
    Spizz, BarHan and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  2. curael

curael Member

@mirror I know it's small cosmetic but could we pick color of the progress bar in the themes? Maybe auto pick color from album art? To match with background color? So static or auto color of progress bar? :) Not so important but would be nice to not only have orange. :)

3. garonne

garonne New Member

That is a very good news. Thanks a lot !

Eki Shaw likes this.
  4. Inti

Inti Active Member

If it’s possible to turn on the Eversolo power from the phone would be great

5. João Laranjo

João Laranjo New Member

We haven't receive the update yet in Portugal - Lisbon. Is the server ok?

6. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

Unfortunately this is not possible with the hardware design. I have other Roon endoints as well as the DMP and Roon can power the others on but not the DMP. It is also not possible via the Eversolo app.

7. Vinnie

Vinnie Member

Same in Ireland, but I was able to upgrade using the zip file in the original post. No need to unzip. Just put it on a USB drive and attach to the USB OTG port

8. Vinnie

Vinnie Member

I’ve mine attached to a smart plug and set to start up after power on

9. Inti

Inti Active Member

Thanks

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Will never come. No WOL with A6 but yes with A8.

11. RemPan

RemPan New Member

When you're listening a song on Qobuz with dmp-a6, it could be great that you could open the complete album just easily like on Bluesound Node.

Spizz and Figasse like this.
  12. curael

curael Member

I use Logitech Harmony universal remote. It works very well. But extra cost. But it can turn on Eversolo. :)

Robert Crawford and Inti like this.
  13. curael

curael Member

You can download to USB and install there. :)

14. Schulti

Schulti New Member

Hi,
    Since the Firmware Update i got a failure when searching Music in Amazon Music.
    "attempt to invoke virtual method boolean Java.lang.stri......."
    Somewhere else wirh this failure?Thanks in advance.
    HD & Ultra HD is working now. Also gapeless works. This is very nice.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
  15. Ypslon

Ypslon Member

That's right but you cannot search. That's possible in Amazon app with no image...

16. Inti

Inti Active Member

Thank you The cheapest way to power on I find was to buy the Eversolo remote I did it today

pentax0373 likes this.
  17. curael

curael Member

I think that will work, my friend. :) It is a great quality of life. You will appreciate it. :)

Eric777 and Inti like this.
  18. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Sometimes the cast on phone or tablet is not in sync with the screen on DMP-A6. I notice that since the latest update is done. Don`t know if it was the same before. But now it is and so cast mode is not usable.
    Would renew my wish to have the app for android in landscape mode for tablet use. Would like to see this as a short comming update.

19. curael

curael Member

Can you give examples? I never had issues these 2 last days. Where do you notice problems? Just to reproduce the issue, I mean. :)

20. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Example:

Streaming Tidal Dire Straits Album Brothers in Arms. Cast on Tablet is showed titel Why worry? and a rest of the timeline. In real and in screen of DMP-A6 there ist playing allready the next titel Ride across the River for a while. (for example. Same happens with other.)
    Also when do any fingertips on the cast screen of the tablet. DMP-A6 changes with the fingertips but cast screen on tablet changes not. Hope one can understand what I mean? My english and wording is not so good.