New firmware v1.2.15 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Nov 10, 2023.

1. Pitscher

Pitscher New Member

Same problem here.:(

Spizz and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  2. StevenVisser

StevenVisser New Member

Was already the case. I believe it happens only if you power off while the DMP-6 is still playing.

Nutul likes this.
  3. Houdini

Houdini Member

the 12$ BT remote turns it on as well.

4. NGSm

NGSm New Member

Another great update, thanks. I really love this device, so far it has been a fabulous streamer for me, totally seamless with no issues (in the main I stream using Roon, sometimes directly via Qobuz too).

As an added feature, do you think it would be possible for the screen to display the file type that is streaming, ie, FLAC, WAV etc? I realise most screens say 'PCM', however via the Roon file path I can also see the file type and so am wondering whether this is something that could be added on screen for the DMP A6, perhaps in place of one of the references to PCM? I realise that some screens show this (say when streaming via Tidal), however the file type doesn't seem to appear when streaming via Roon. Thanks for considering.

Jasper999 and Xanderzdad like this.
  5. steveoat87

steveoat87 New Member

Me too. Very annoying.

Spizz and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  6. Carlton Spence

Carlton Spence New Member

Thanks for keeping the updates coming. But please consider a redesign of standby screensaver functions. I would prefer either the option to disable or the option of longer period beyond 2hrs for activation. Often my listening sessions extend beyond the 2hr limit. I do realize that I can use the remote to go back to now playing information. Thing is that I rarely have use for the remote as all control is done through Roon Remote.

7. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

solved the Amazon Music search issue, no need to upgrade firmware

Spizz, atomic garden, ammar11 and 2 others like this.
  8. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Will solve it.

Spizz, ammar11 and wcseow like this.
  9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

A comment on the the new "Text Only" themes.
    Obviously very much appreciated but both aren't really "Text Only". :)

I would have liked a true full screen "Text Only" theme similar to the full screen VU meters. This using an even bigger font. Frankly expected it to be implemented that way seen its name.
    Using a 3rd line (there is space for that on both current themes) with the "album title" would be nice too. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    pentax0373 and Kusalajoti Lens like this.
  10. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

Depending on the app, there is a 3rd line showing album title, Spotify for example, or Tidal using Airplay (not Tidal connect or in the internal app)

11. curael

curael Member

I would love to see the navigation bar on the right to hide along with the little spinny icon. At least when in the Now Playing screen. Just to use some more screen space. It could pop up (As Android supports) on click or by pulling in from the right edge of the screen. Getting a full screen would add an extra (not really needed but sexy) look to the screen. :D Not super important so.. Just a thought that it'd be cool to not see that navbar while presenting the music. :)

12. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Not an Amazon Music subscriber but that was quick! Mind telling us how it has been fixed without a firmware update? Is it something from Amazon side?

13. curael

curael Member

I believe mirror mentioned something on the Amazon transport layer resulting in the wrong format being picked from time to time. It very well could be on Amazon's side. Without knowing it. :)

Or maybe it's not even the same issue, lol, sorry.

14. Vinnie

Vinnie Member

+1 for the 3rd line album title on the new theme…and I’d like to be able to disable scrolling of the song title…the info I want to see is usually at the start

15. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

3rd line with album title already exists..

[​IMG]

16. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Only with (some) streaming services. Not with local content.

17. Vinnie

Vinnie Member

Not showing on Qobuz

18. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Yeah that was a different issue about the parsing policy.

I saw someone said there was an update to his A6 a few hours ago, perhaps not a full firmware but a patch for the Amazon Music search issue.

19. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

I have 3 lines with local music including album title:
    IMG_0060.png
    IMG_0061.png
    IMG_0062.png IMG_0063.png

20. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

Yes, me too, checking it right now