New firmware v1.2.15 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Nov 10, 2023.

1. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

Mine is not receiving the new firmware. I rebooted the router, no luck. I will wait

2. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

We have to explain this every time there’s a new firmware lol. There’s nothing wrong with the internet if you can be online for everything else. The firmware will always be pushed in stages. There are two choices, online if you can wait or manual install if you want it quick.

Nutul likes this.
  3. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

I have bought a new router just for this update and still not arriving. I have changed my ISP to a much more expensive one and still no luck

4. AndyLu

AndyLu Member

I don't know if this is due to a language barrier, but what has a new router and a expensive ISP to do with receiving firmware updates or not? There is no causal link between the two.

If your internet works you will eventually get the firmware update and it does not matter what kind of router you have (cheap or expensive, new or old) nor what ISP you have (cheap or expensive).

Just be patient until the update is available in your region, or (if you can't wait) download the update from this site and install it manually via a USB stick. No new routers or expensive ISP's needed.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2023
  5. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

It seems that there have been some changes to the API, and it was still available when we released. This change does not affect the Control APP for IOS, we will check it on Monday

Spizz, museumsteve and ammar11 like this.
  6. ammar11

I think that contributes the most, there is a lot of misunderstanding in the boards lately, especially when Zidoo pretty much became mainstream now with their Eversolo line. The number of new accounts just ballooned in the last few months.

Few issues of course and they’ve proven how well they listen to feedback (not new really), but overall job well done. Kudos to Zidoo.

Peter Wallop likes this.
  7. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

The EVERSOLO DMP series is the most complex music streaming device in history. At least at the software level. It needs to handle multiple outputs and inputs, multiple formats, multiple music and cloud services, and the control of multiple screens. It is a very complex system engineering. Eversolo is still a very young brand, I know some people have high expectations of us.We also all know that the probability of making mistakes through inaction is often lower,But we are working hard to provide users with a better experience and add more user-friendly new features. When launching a new feature that covers a wide range, sometimes regression errors are difficult to avoid.give us some time, it will be the best device you have ever used.

Alanpie1, doctorf, dresner and 26 others like this.
  8. ammar11

Well said! And I can vouch for this from exprerience. Keep it up!

Oliver Gnass and Peter Wallop like this.
  9. pentax0373

pentax0373 New Member

@mirror and team behind - new theme is Great, thanks for this. I am testing this new firmware on different ways for quite some hours now and it works without any glitch or problem for now, by my kind of use. Yesterday I bought a remote and I can recommended it.

10. Chromazone

Chromazone New Member

Well said indeed, I love the DMP the first day I used it, just amazed by the sound, best buy from the decade period!

ammar11 and Peter Wallop like this.
  11. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

Ok, rant time. Very well said Mirror and, if anything, long overdue. The A6 is an extraordinary piece of kit at a mind blowing price. Whilst I appreciate that I’m well out of my depth concerning the technical aspects of streaming, the complexities of putting this digital jigsaw puzzle together are obvious - as is the support that we receive from a company that, in the scheme of things, has very limited resources.

How often have the Forum members of any company had such direct access to the Dev’s …. and, if you get lucky enough to climb over the firewall, how often do they do anything about that feedback? Has anyone attempted to get anything useful achieved with customer services of the big players and then realised that they just wanted you to go away - CS at Zidoo has been timely and genuinely helpful. Sadly, you don’t receive anything even approaching this level of support from the high-end British brands these days (and I used to be a ‘fan-boy’). :(

IMO, the last couple of updates have been huge steps forward - the heavily requested new themes are excellent. Yes, the equaliser display is a bit of eye-candy, but it was one of the most requested items on this for Forum and now people are carping about it (not just this Forum).

Yes, the early days of the A6 were rocky and customers were entitled to complain, but we’re past that now and it seems that what’re left are a few minor ‘law of unintended consequences’ glitches. I paid nosebleed money for my CD player only to realise that, not only is that source now obsolete, the SQ from the A6 is vastly improved as well.

I’ve said before and now I’ll say it again - thank you to Mirror and the team for really putting the hours in and taking product forward - I and, I suspect, many others respect your efforts.

Rant over.:D

12. kc001

kc001 Active Member

lol - they are not even close .. in their sleep :D

pentax0373 likes this.
  13. cenodude

cenodude New Member

Thank you for all the firmware updates that make this product even better.

pentax0373 likes this.
  14. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Well just my two cents...
    I bought this machine to listen to music on a higher level than before. This machine does what I wanted. Since the first day. Reading on the forum one could believe no one listens to music an everybody plays arround only with the tech specs of the machine. :rolleyes:
    I for my part like it to be in the croud testing those updates and see this machine grow. I have no expectations on it and when I get something new, I am lucky with it. So let the men and @mirror do their things. Let`s listen to music an get happy when there is something new.
    Have a nice sunday!

15. wcseow

wcseow Member

Hi. I experience similar situation too with 1.2.15 too,that is MCH DSD . ISO for both 2 channel and mch is fine, so is 2 ch. Note it is intermittent, though the first time play after a power up seems to always face the issue. It happens for local ssd play, remote server play or via Roon.

Thanks

Spizz likes this.
  16. audio58

audio58 Active Member

New firmware now using the Amazon Ap undering "Streaming" I get UHD. Still the Ap doesn't show which titles are in UHD. Where if you go to the Aps and use the Amazon ap there you can see which titles are in UHD, but same issue some UHD only play in HD. Also the scrolling still sucks while doing through the titles pages, this is even using your own library, you think they would fix this annoying thing by now.

17. kc001

kc001 Active Member

UHD??

Edit: now that you mentioned it, I just checked:
    upload_2023-11-12_16-1-17.png

what is this "Ultra HD" ?

upload_2023-11-12_16-3-32.png

PS: settings:
    upload_2023-11-12_16-4-44.png

18. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

I like the 2 new themes with big font. Especially theme 4 with bigger font. For theme 5, I would have preferred to have the album artwork on the right, instead of big volume info

Spizz likes this.
  19. George M C

George M C Member

This streamer/DAC is amazing value for the price. I love it for all it can do and the support that Zidoo dev team are providing. Is it perfect? No ... but what piece of tech kit is? I'll be perfectly honest ... would I recommend it to anyone thinking of buying the A6 or A8 right now - probably not. I would say wait a while until the control software is more mature. I do think that Zidoo is trying too hard to introduce new features that look pretty but in reality are just superficial. Again to be fair to Zidoo they are trying to make their kit stand out and have features that prospective buyers might think are cool.
    As owners I think we would all agree that we would much prefer the Dev team to concentrate on getting the basics right ... consistency across formats whether streaming native apps or casting - useable playlists, ability to organise music in as many different ways that users are ever likely to want or need, and so on. Still the effort and response that @mirror and the Dev team are putting in put UK companies to shame.
    Just as an example I recently purchased a dehumidifier from a leading UK manufacturer - reviews were all 5 star and award winning. You wouldn't have far to go if you googled award winning dehumidifiers to know the company I'm talking about. Having set it up per the instructions and run it non-stop it has never got anywhere near it's claimed performance. To cut a long story short I emailed the Company with my concerns and the reply was that currently it is 10 days before we can respond! I'm still waiting ...

Peter Wallop likes this.
  20. Eric777

Eric777 Member

Hi, since last update, there is a new bug : at launching, the screen of the DMP-A6 stay black.
    No "Eversolo" logo is diplayed, no icons... Nothing!
    The music start to play, I can go to the next one with the remote but there still no display on screen. Even volume changing is not displayed.
    I had it 2 times since yesterday. It was never do that before the update.

The only workaround I found is to stop and start the DMP-A6.