New firmware v1.2.15 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Nov 10, 2023.

1. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

One thing I got slightly wrong, the Gain has no separate on/off button, as long as it is set to anything other than 0.0 dB, then it will be operable, negative values give headroom for boosts that may occur in GEQ or PEQ.

Nutul likes this.
  2. Ozzie_guy

Ozzie_guy New Member

Many thanks for your response. My DMP-A6 is running version 1.1.80 and the OTA says that it is up to date ??? Eversolo does not have a link readily available, is it safe to use another site for v 1.2.50 ?

3. Ozzie_guy

Ozzie_guy New Member

Sorry for my ignorance, I have located the link and will try the update now - cheers and thanks

Jjb067 likes this.
  4. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

v1.2.50 is the latest firmware for the A6. Also make sure your control app is also the latest be it iOS or android. I use android and the latest is v1.12.37.

5. Ozzie_guy

Ozzie_guy New Member

Once again many thanks, the upgrade was successful. Would you know how to stop the VU meters from peaking so much ? Cheers

6. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

I don't remember any setting to control the sensitivity of the VU meters unfortunately.

Ozzie_guy likes this.
  7. rs172

rs172 New Member

Can someone please explain why when activating the eq on the DMP A6 for the first time, the recommendation is to use a gain of minus 5 db?
    I have been using it while leaving the gain on zero, and everything sounds excellent without any distortions

8. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

There might be an explanation on here.

9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

If you just do not augment the gain at any frequency, but just reduce it, of course you do not need to reduce the initial gain.
    The recommendation is there because if you emphasize a frequency that has some peaks / high levels somewhere, you could end up with clipping in those "somewhere" passages.

Stopeter44 likes this.