New firmware v1.2.15 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Nov 10, 2023.

1. The Wolfe

The Wolfe New Member

Please add the capability for the A6 to honor Sort tags (Sort Artist, Sort Album Artist, Sort Album) in music libraries.

I saw a request in this thread for allowing people to sort their albums by release date, this would also allow them to do that. Using the Sort tags we would have the option to see artists and albums listed in the order that we want. I have an extensive library, it's the reason I purchased the A6 and a large SSD drive. Seeing John Coltrane show up after Billy Holiday drives me crazy.

For example, this is the order the artist list should appear when sorting tags are honored:

Album Artist..............Sort Album Artist
    Louis Armstrong...........Armstrong Louis
    John Coltrane................Coltrane John
    Billie Holiday.................Holiday Billie
    Charlie Parker................Parker Charlie

Sorry if this request has been mentioned in the other firmware update threads, it's been a while since I've been on the forums.

db4, Stuj, GoLeafs and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

I noticed that the time / playback indicator functions differently when sending Airplay to the A6 than when playing from a streaming service / playing local files.

With Airplay, the indicator for the total lengh of the track counts down during playback and has a minus (-) in front of it:
    IMG_0084.jpeg

And with a streaming service this just shows total track lengh:
    IMG_0085.jpeg

I can’t say if you did this on purpose or if it’s a bug.

Showing total lengh always would be my wish…

3. Stuj

Stuj Member

+1 on this

supermood likes this.
  4. stevenskl

stevenskl New Member

I read several times in this forum that the A6 isn´t able to stream Atmos from Tidal or Amazon Music. Are you saying it already worked for you?

5. supermood

supermood Active Member

to my knowledge that never worked? and according comments here it never will. for me that's sad would like it

6. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Active Member

I'd be happy if they got DSD multichannel over HDMI working without issues. It appears as though it's hit and miss depending on what make and model AVR you have. DSD works 100% on all my receivers from other sources but not from the DMP-A6. :( DSD64 stereo works but in both receivers they indicate they are getting DSD5.1 but there's no audio getting decoded. Strange as they both work perfectly with other DSD multichannel sources over HDMI like my Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/CD player and even el-cheapo BR players that support DSD through their HDMI ports. :confused: I have repeatedly asked the question of the eversolo support team but never got any answers as to why it doesn't work with all DSD compatible receivers. Surely now that the firmware is more matured you'd expect the basic features promised from day one would have been ironed out? So I wouldn't be holding my breath for ATMOS support. More than likely if it is ever implemented it won't be in the A6 but some future product. Pity, the A6 does tick a lot of boxes, just not all of them.

7. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

No issues for me with DSD multichannel to my AVR

Alan Rutlidge likes this.
  8. Alan Rutlidge

Would you mind sharing which make and model AVR this is? Perhaps I might consider replacing both my existing AVRs. Thanks.

9. Bergholdt

I too cannot play .dsf multichannel files via HDMI. I could before this updated firmware.

My setup does not allow for Native DSD but before I could get it to play with the D2P setting (DSD to PCM).

If I start a .dsf multichannel file, it just jumps through my playlist past many .dsf files. The track doesn’t even try to play.

I can play 2ch .dsf files via HDMI without any problems.

10. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

Marantz SR7013. I can play dff, dsf, iso multichannel files without issues

11. Korvenwin

Korvenwin Member

Are you sure that this way of turn it on doesn't could damage the streamer?

12. Bergholdt

I tried playing 5ch and 6ch .dsf via XLR and even here it doesn’t play. So, It might not even be an HDMI problem…

Maybe the new firmware just has a problem with multichannel .dsf for some other reason than AVR compatability? (In certain situations).

13. Alan Rutlidge

Thanks for the heads up. Most appreciated.

14. supermood

supermood Active Member

multi channel via xlr? sounds wrong. must be hdmi out?

multi channel music is provided via sacds or audio DVD? no streaming via tidal possible?
    as soon as I have a file I will test with my denon x4800h and report back if it's working or not

15. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

They could easily output ATMOS through HDMI. I think it is a license thing

16. Bergholdt

Just a test to see if the multichannel files would play via XLR (normally they would but obviously in stereo).

Since the error was the same as through HDMI I’m thinking it is not an HDMI problem but rather a general multichannel .dsf error. At least with my ‘configuration’.

I was hoping this could be a clue to the developers…

17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

There is never Dolby Atmos on any DVD-Audio only on BD concert type of Albums. Most BD Audio Only albums are 2 CH restricted.

No idea where Tidal gets its Atmos sources from? See tons of DSP/Software generated MCH recording floating around but this is not guinean studio released material. Most DTS-CD found on the web are fake or lets say homebrew. I feel that approach is now moving to Atmos? I am the first to admit that they still may sound nice (at least different from Stereo).

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
  18. supermood

supermood Active Member

if its a license thing they def should offer it with extra costs like denon with dirac

19. supermood

supermood Active Member

not atmos, multi channel that's supported with the a6 and I thought I also can try it and report back. Just currently not sure how, but I will figure it out :)

20. Bergholdt

I should maybe point out that XLR out for me is straight to active speakers (stereo) while HDMI is to a ‘surround hub’ (5.1.2 max).

My setup is WiSA based (https://www.wisatechnologies.com). Wireless audio 24bit/96khz to active speakers in a 5.0.2 setup.

I have Buchardt A500 (fl, center & fr) and Platin Monaco (surrounds and hight channels) speakers and a Platin HTX surround Hub https://www.platinaudio.com/products/wisa-atmos-surround-hub-with-wi-fi-bt-streaming-and-inputs

XLR out is to the front left and front right of my 5.0.2 setup. (https://buchardtaudio.com)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023