New firmware v1.2.15 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Nov 10, 2023.

1. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

Denon AVR 4700H here and never had an issue. I do i have to turn on the AVR first and then the A6 otherwise there is no handshake

Alan Rutlidge likes this.
  2. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

The ‘FN’ button on the A6 remote cycles through the same just with spectrum instead of vu meter. But it would be nice to have everything in one button…

fofocho likes this.
  3. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

thanks! I have added the FN button to the harmony

4. Carlos Lima

Carlos Lima New Member

After a few months of use, it really is a superb device, playing almost exclusively DSD iso, 2.0 or 5.1.
    I don't encounter any problems.
    On the other hand, the inability to play DVD-A is a huge disappointment.

5. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Active Member

To play the content of DVD-Audio discs you need to rip the audio TS. There are a number of programs that will do this.
    I don't bother ripping the Dolby Digital or dts audio but I do rip and convert both the stereo and multichannel MLP audio to WAV and play them that way on my DMP-A6.
    Ripped MLP doesn't lose any audio quality because a DVD-A player is just doing the same in real time as it reads from the disc. Just be aware that MLP is a form of lossless compression and the decompressed WAV files can be pretty big in size. For example The Eagles Hotel California album on DVD-A will decompress to approximately 2.8GB for the stereo tracks and 4.21GB for the multichannel files.

6. Pitscher

Pitscher New Member

Streaming or from the internal ssd?

7. MultiStream

MultiStream New Member

Since the last 1.2.15 update I have an issue with the view of Albums of my internal ssd library ( only in cast mode ) : the view refreshes constantly every 5 seconds thus it’s impossible for me to scroll down though my 1820 albums. I must quit the cast mode to access my library without trouble. I reinstalled the library and the Eversolo app ( I am on iPad os 17.1) without any effect .
    Is this a registered bug or am I missing something ?

supermood likes this.
  8. supermood

supermood Active Member

have the same issue from the beginning. not possible to use cast view for library

9. Bergholdt

To fix this:

Music / Settings (cog wheel top right) / scan

Turn off ‘Automatic Updating Sources’.

This will fix the problem but if you add new music to your SSD, you have to manually ‘update’ the library to see the new music. This used to be a problem on iPad too but was fixed but it wasn’t fix on the A6.

IMG_0106.jpeg IMG_0105.jpeg

10. Bergholdt

See above…

11. supermood

supermood Active Member

thanks! will give it a try. but crashing cast view is def not the intended functionality of auto update I hope for an fix

12. Bergholdt

I guess, they need to code it in a way that can update the view in case it finds a new file in stead of updating the view every five seconds regardless.

The fix for iPad worked just fine but the Android code for the A6 is of course different, hence, why it is important for us to mention the platform we use when finding bugs…

13. MultiStream

MultiStream New Member

Thanks , you made my day !

14. Jason R

Jason R New Member

Just received my dmp-a6 and when I go to update it a message states it’s the most current version already, but the unit is on version 1.1.8. How can I get it to update to latest version?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
  15. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Read the first post.

I’ve seen many typos of the model name, but “dump” takes the cake.

Alan Rutlidge and Jason R like this.
  16. Jason R

Jason R New Member

Ha. I keep having to correct the auto-fill when typing the name. So it seems like a manual update via USB is the way? Is there any way to get album art to display via Airplay? I had another streamer previously that would show album art when connected via Airplay so trying to understand what I might be doing wrong?

ammar11 likes this.
  17. Jason R

Jason R New Member

Nvm. I now get album art and song information coming thru via Airplay after FW update.

ammar11 likes this.
  18. Pitscher

Pitscher New Member

I would be really happy if I could play SACD Multichannel DSF again. Nothing has worked since the last update. Affects half of my music on the internal SSD. When will something happen?

19. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

I am playing SACD / dsf multichannel without issues

20. Bergholdt

Native DSD or D2P? And are you playing from internal SSD or external source?