New firmware v1.2.15 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Nov 10, 2023.

1. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

It finally works!!!!!

Thank you @mirror

2. Nick_K

Nick_K New Member

Firmware 1.2.30 is ready for online update by the streamer. What new features does it bring ?

3. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

There is a thread for that

4. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

5. Nick_K

Nick_K New Member

ΤΗΧ

6. Rgg14

Rgg14 New Member

Thank you great product, a suggestion is to add besides VU and bars, a cassette tape version as the picture attached, I played YouTube and looks amazing while plying songs.

Attached Files:

octavius, snafu, Bonzo and 1 other person like this.
  7. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Too funny! That's awesome.

8. snafu

snafu New Member

That would be so cool!!!

9. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

It seems you are mixing up some things.
    • AirPlay can be lossless. It can stream ALAC which is lossless. See details on ALAC at wiki page
    • AirPlay in many cases is lossy. It is when AAC codec is used which is always lossy.
    • AirPlay documentation is not open, so it is difficult to find clear explanation when and how it provides ALAC. One of the rare article on this was referred here in forum. Study was done by an engineer of Darko Audio. See details here
    • Eversolo never displays ALAC when you stream using AirPlay. It always displays AAC which means AirPlay is lossy in Eversolo.
    • It is a poor implementation of AirPlay in Eversolo and needs to be corrected

10. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

AIRPLAY IS NOT LOSSLESS IN EVERSOLO

PERIOD

11. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

Couldn't give a monkeys!

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@tora-tora
    Airplay is Apple and everything with Apple is designed and meant only to work well using Apple APPs on Apple products (plus some selected partners). That is how Apple wants it to be. It is direct consequence of going with Apple. :rolleyes:

Don´t say Apple is bad but never my piece of cake as I like things to be flexible. ;)

Eversolo is the very other extreme allowing almost anything in any combination. I don´t think it is a favorite product seen through the eyes of Apple. :D
    Expecting a good relation and information exchange between these 2 extreme parties is very optimistic. :eek:

Bottom-line I feel you are blaming the wrong company. ;)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
    Nutul likes this.
  13. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

I do not think it is a good excuse. Matrix is also a Chinese company and they have no issues with supporting lossless AirPlay. Maybe the reason is in some royalty to be paid to Apple for that capability and Eversolo believes it is not worthwhile

What did you what to say? I wrote it does not support it and wanted to note that hoping it will be corrected in future

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Don´t know about Matrix but small(er) Chinese companies are not a real good example as they often do what they like to do and just copy anything working what they can lay their hands on. :eek:
    Eversolo /Zidoo got the attention of the competitors and learned their lesson to play it all clean.

@fofocho
    Of course it may still all come including Apple Lossless and Airplay 2. I am sure they are doing their best. ;)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2023
    Miki222 likes this.
  15. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

Although public reports are not available but I do not believe Matrix could be called a small company. I hope you have some better connections with Eversolo, so it would be good if that feature would be put in the backlog

16. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

I would like the landscape mode for android app went a few steps up in the backlog...

Jone1973, TheGovnah and Miki222 like this.
  17. Miki222

Miki222 Member

Me too, please finish it already.
    I still have to commend the developers and software engineers for the great work they have done so far and especially for listening to people who have great ideas. You will see that it will pay off over time and within three years the Eversolo brand can become one of the most sought-after and best-selling Top brands on the market.

18. CBM

CBM New Member

I believe this issue is due to Eversolo using the "Modified" date/time and not the "Created" date/time.

Eversolo: PLEASE provide for sorting ascending and descending by "Created" date/time for local (i.e. SMB as opposed to streaming) content, as I believe that this best reflects when the content was added to the local storage. This ends up being very useful to directly jump to content that was most recently added.

I have spoken to a number of people who are considering purchasing the DMP-A6 or A8 and both agree that this is a critical feature based on the way they would typically access their local content.

Thank you.

19. Ozzie_guy

Ozzie_guy New Member

Hi, new purchaser here from Australia. Would someone please let me know how to activate the graphic equaliser view for the A6 - thank you

20. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Graphic EQ is part of the DSP functionality of the A6, which was added via a firmware update. So first make sure your firmware is up to date, then you should see on the device or via Cast a DSP icon top right area of screen. There is also the spectrum display and VU meter icons beside it. When you press the DSP button, you will see the various elements listed left to right like GEQ and PEQ. Each element has its own on/off toggle switch, but the entire DSP suite has its own master on/off switch as well. So the master switch must be ON and the particular element like GEQ must also be ON in order to activate the DSP. Note that if you don't see the DSP icon at all, then check what your input and output sources are e.g. if digital inputs are selected, then no DSP or Spectrum Display is possible at all. The DSP is defined for any particular output type be it digital or analog, you will see the options drop down menu in say the controller app main home screen top right. When defining any DSP, it is recommended to give some gain headroom, like -5dB so that the calculations don't drive the digital output into clipping, so the Gain on/off switch should also be ON. Hope this helps.