New firmware v1.2.15 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Nov 10, 2023.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Change logs:
    1.Added a large-font theme mode to the playback details screen.
    2.Optimized the PLEX service connection functionality.
    3.Enhanced the playback functionality of online streaming media tracks.
    4.Optimized the issue where the playback queue display was incorrect during random playback.
    5.Optimized the issue where the playback details screen did not respond to the spectrum switch when the input source was set to audio input.
    6.Fixed the issue of incorrect clock display format during screen saver.
    7.Optimized the audio playback functionality for EMBY.
    8.Fixed the occasional issue of not being able to start playback when playing tracks through the file manager.
    9.Optimized the display of remaining space for external devices in the file manager.
    10.Optimized the display of the interface in the settings.
    11.Fixed the occasional issue of tracks not playing when played through a mobile phone playlist.
    12.Optimized the spectrum display functionality.
    13.Optimized the playback mode switching functionality.
    14.Optimized the issue of incorrect display of the number of tracks in the CUE list.
    15.Added the functionality for the multi-function key on the remote control to cycle through the spectrum.
    16.Optimized the display of audio information in the upper right corner of the main interface.
    17.Added album cover display to the mobile phone file manager.
    18.Optimized the occasional incorrect display of volume in the upper left corner of the main interface.
    19.Optimized the issue of occasional lack of spectrum display when switching output ports.
    20.Added the functionality for setting the date and time on the mobile phone.
    21.Optimized the display of output port information.
    22.Optimized the issue of mismatch between audio quality and playback flow on Amazon Music.
    23.Optimized the prompt for Amazon Music account conflicts.
    24.Optimized Gapless playback on Amazon Music.
    25.Optimized the issue of incomplete display of the Radio Paradise list.
    26.Optimized the issue of certain tracks on Radio Paradise not being able to play.
    27.Optimized system stability.

Control APP Versions:
    Android: v1.11.26 (Scan QR code on device for update)
    iOS: v1.0.73 (Available on the App Store today)

Check the online update.
    Always, online push will be carried out in stages but for some one want try it first can download it below:
    https://music.eversolo.com/dmp/ota/DMP_A6/v1.2.15/DMP-A6_R_v1.2.15_202311102227_ota-package.zip
    MD5: 7F2A1DA9DD3DE4BB8318B8D260253533

2. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Will there be a chance to have the android app in landscape mode for tablet use?

3. TheGovnah

TheGovnah Member

+1

4. mirror

It's possible, but it's not the top priority. There are still many features and streaming integrated on our list

Kusalajoti Lens and Bonzo like this.
  5. DanneS

DanneS New Member

I would like that as well.

6. Jone1973

Jone1973 Member

On Quobuz App, there is the icon which Tidal also has and which stands for Tidal connect. Unfortunately on Quobuz, there are no further options given to connect to any other device. But it seems as it has been prepared to do so by providing this icon.
    So, is it on EverSolo's side to provide the rest of "Quobuz connect" or is it still on Quobuz' side to complete?

7. swenske

swenske New Member

me too, because it's really annoying.... (especially for a basic functionality)

Attached Files:

Spizz, phozy and TheGovnah like this.
  8. Jone1973

Jone1973 Member

I know that this icon is an element of the quobuz app as it is on Tidal app. Clicking on it, there is only one device offered which is the phone or tablet itself. Nothing else. So it looks to me as if it was a matter of other devices to become part of the list to be chosen from as it is on Tidal.
    The advantage of e.g. Tidal connect is that one may prefer one central app one is accustomed to. Especially as the EverSolo app has some flaws yet to be optimised.

9. Dusty

Dusty Member

Qobuz Connect has just been finished being developed. It will take a while until the api reaches the manufacturers. I’ve heard that by the end of the year we should see some progress.

Korvenwin and Jone1973 like this.
  10. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

Thx. for the update. Play Queue / local playlists now seems to work without issues on IOS.

And I love this screen :)
    IMG_0048.png

pentax0373 likes this.
  11. Dusty

Dusty Member

I like this update. The plex issues have been fixed and I like that the sorting of albums in plex is being saved so you can have the same sorting when you access the albums again. I wish this was implemented in tidal. I prefer my tidal favorite albums to be sorted by date added with the latest being the first.

peliase likes this.
  12. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
    Peter Wallop likes this.
  13. ammar11

@mirror There’s a new issue introduced from this firmware, quite annoying hopefully you’re on it.

upload_2023-11-11_9-3-30.png

14. Stuj

Stuj Member

With Plex, Navigating to Artists, when you select an Artist the only two choices are Albums and Tracks.. Any Singles or EPs are not listed. I think im going to give up on this and go to Symfonium, their plex integration works well on the Eversolo. I’d ask if you could support Plexamp to use theEOS, that would be perfect instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, and seemingly not hit the mark here.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
    Prieton4 likes this.
  15. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

Early days, but Amazon is looking very good so far. Thanks Mirror & team. :)

bob likes this.
  16. CJW

CJW New Member

Great update. Love the new themes. The screen is actually useful now in stereo listening.
    My next request: Can the app be updated with the ability to hide streaming services? I only use Qubuz so and would like to be able to hide all the other streaming services. It would also be nice to to be able to minimize all other options. For example when I select “music services” in the sidebar I get 18 options. I just want to see Qubuz.
    Thanks for all the updates so far. They are great.

peliase, Xanderzdad, fofocho and 2 others like this.
  17. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Active Member

Okay, I know these comment probably isn't going to be well accepted by some but I'm going to make them anyway.

V1.2.15 brought the display a new variant of the VU meters that now have a scale that goes to over +3. Why?
    In digital audio the maximum level is 0dBfs after which you run out of bits to encode to. So other than analogue nostalgia appearance value this bling "enhancement" is as useful as breasts on a bull. :p It demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of how digital audio works. Personally I had expected better from the development team. DMP-A6 owners (and here I don't think I'm alone) just want the product to work as promised in the sales brochure. So far, many months after its release to the market some of the advertised features still have issues. :(

I obviously don't know what eversolo's strategy is but if the DMP-A6 was my product I'd either not release it to the market half-baked or I'd be working 100% on rectifying the existing issues rather than have all or part of my development team adding what many would potentially describe as low functionality value bling to the interface. Sure, VU meters and a spectrum display are nice to oggle at if you've got nothing else better to do, but I'm sure most DMP-A6 owners would prefer reliable and bug free playback of their audio over cosmetic bling. After all it's an audio streamer not a TV.

Oh, and the "new" VU meter "needles" still bounce around like epileptic pygmies when displaying a steady state 1kHz test tone. This isn't how VU meters work.

The spectrum display only works for audio on the left channel. No spectrum is displayed for the right channel content, just the bar graph level display. Not that I care, they're bling and I don't use them anyway. I just thought I'd take a quick look at them since the latest firmware update was installed out of idle curiosity to see if this had been fixed, but no surprises, it hasn't.

Nikolay Gramchev and George M C like this.
  18. mirror

Yes. we are working on it with Qobuz connect team.

Korvenwin and Spizz like this.
  19. mirror

Good idea

Spizz and Jone1973 like this.
  20. ammar11

This is something like a favorite screen we’ve been asking for long ago. If that’s hard to do then this will do.

Also something been asked for so long is the Home button in the mobile app, right now we have to push back so many times to get to the main screen.

Spizz, BarHan, Peter Wallop and 2 others like this.