New firmware v1.2.15 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Nov 10, 2023.

1. steveoat87

steveoat87 New Member

Has the Roon multichannel problem been fixed?

Spizz likes this.
  2. AndyLu

AndyLu Member

No problems here either with casting and syncing. Exactly the same as the previous firmware release. Did you check your Network/Wifi? Maybe there is a problem there?

Nutul likes this.
  3. kc001

kc001 Active Member

What multichannel problem? :confused:

Nutul likes this.
  4. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

I just updated to 1.2.15. I tried all the themes and nothing changes on my A6. My controller is up to date. I am using Apple Music. What am I doing wrong? I would like to use the new LARGE Print Theme.

5. steveoat87

steveoat87 New Member

When you use Roon as an endpoint, multichannel dsf files stutter and often do not play using the dedicated hdmi output. This is still a problem with the current version

Spizz likes this.
  6. AV-Eng

AV-Eng New Member

This is a very wanted feature...count me in!

7. Ypslon

Ypslon Member

Look on Display/theme mode. Now you have 5.

8. João Laranjo

João Laranjo New Member

OTA Updated. Arrive 15 minutes ago in Portugal - Lisbon. By now everything it's ok. Testing.

9. garonne

garonne New Member

I agree. But I guess that this will be solved, de facto, when Qobuz Connect will be there, as we can use then the Qobuz provided app, on smartphone or desktop (and this functionality is already there)

Nutul likes this.
  10. museumsteve

museumsteve New Member

Couple of issues I have with new version.
    I cannot search in Amazon Music, it throws an error that starts with 'attempt to invoke virtual method 'boolean java...'
    Second issue it no longers reads anything in my usb cd drive.

11. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

After trying for a while to get Any Theme to work on Apple Music I realized it would never work because Apple Music is not an “embedded APP.” When I experimented with Amazon Prime music it worked fine as an embedded APP but did nothing when it was using Cast. I think the CAST feature destroys the ability to have themes. Is this true? Is it possible to fix?

12. steveoat87

steveoat87 New Member

Unless I am missing something still don't see the ability to create on the fly now playing queues of multiple albums.

13. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Active Member

Anyone having issues playing back DSD (DSF) multichannel files (not from SACD ISO files) ?

My DMP-A6 will not play them since the firmware upgrade, but played them with previous firmware versions. o_O

Three symptoms :-
    • If any track is selected it appears to attempt to play that track for about a second then jumps to a random track in the same folder. For example I select track 1 it immediately jumps to track 6. Select 6 and it will immediately jump to track 11. The track it will jump to is random. However if I select track 12 (there are only 12 tracks in the folder) it will not skip to another track.
    • It doesn't playback any track. Instead it displays the pause button with a spinning circle surrounding it. (see attached screenshots)
    • Depending on how you navigate to and select the desired track the playback screen is different in what metadata it displays. Compare the two attached screen shots of exactly the same DSF file the player is attempting to play back. One shows the track filename, the artist and DSD64 2.82MHz whilst the other shows the track title, artist, album title and PCM 48kHz. o_O:confused:
    File source is the internal 4TB SSD and the behaviour is the same no matter what output is selected. This also occurs on all multichannel DSF files and not just confined to one folder. The player is set to LIST PLAY. Using the DMP-A6 touch screen to navigate the folders and select the tracks to be played from the FILES menu and from the MUSIC search feature.

Screenshot_20231112-014352.png
    Note the favourites (heart icon) and the information (....) icon is missing from the above screen.

Screenshot_20231112-020907.png

The abovementioned misbehaviour isn't evident on playing back multichannel DSD from SACD ISO files or multichannel WAV files.

Spizz likes this.
  14. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

See my post above. I think it is the CAST function preventing the themes. Now that I think about it I tried once or twice when I first got the A6 and it never worked then either.

15. Ramuk

Ramuk New Member

Hi have been getting intermittent issues with Multi channel DSD playback via HDMI similar to the issues described in Alan's post, since 1.2.15, wasn't sure whether it was a corrupted file and need to recut. But as the issue is as Alan described it may well not be the file.

Spizz likes this.
  16. Ypslon

Ypslon Member

See your post to which I replied. See the picture

Screenshot_20231111_193628_EverSolo Controller.jpg

17. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Cast is just a mirror of your screen, nothing to do with the A6 it just displays whatever you see on the A6 screen on your phone. You don’t see the theme because Apple Music is not native integrated app as you’ve said it yourself. It has always been like this, it just logic it is not an issue.

AndyLu likes this.
  18. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

I too cannot play my multi-channel dsf files.

This is the case both via IOS and the A6 screen.

My dsf stereo files play without a problem.

FLAC multi-channel can play ok.

Spizz likes this.
  19. AndyLu

AndyLu Member

I think your expectations are a bit too high or misplaced. Apple Music is a separate Android app made by Apple and is not part of the internal Eversolo music player. It seems logical to expect that the settings in the internal player are only supported by the internal player. Maybe you should ask Apple (good luck with that) if they want to make their app compatible with the Eversolo themes? Eversolo can not do anything about that.

ammar11 likes this.
  20. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Can't do a search in Amazon with new firmware. Big problem. Going backwards.

fofocho likes this.