Beta version v6.3.98 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 29, 2022.

1. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Hi! What for if I may ask? I have Oppo 203 and Zidoo Z9X and I did a lot of comparisons and once a disc ripped I really can't see any improvement in favor of the Oppo player with DV. Actually I overall prefer the Zidoo playback quality (especially 1080p upscaling to 4K and also HDR10 tone-mapping handling). Since I have Zidoo I ended up never using the Oppo anymore.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  2. X-hedgehog

X-hedgehog New Member

1619 works fine with streaming services.
    But the developers have broken this feature and do not want to restore it in new firmware. On 6.1.15 everything works except Netflix.

3. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Anyway it's same history: if no 8K players in the market, no contents. "The fish that bites its tail"

4. dr4go

dr4go Member

As I've mentioned previously here...
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-1619b-2022-up-coming-speculation’s.93239/#post-170616
    ...as long as Zidoo still builds their stuff with TestKeys and Google Play is not certified I won't buy a new device in the future. I bought the X9S and now the Z9X, but I don't see the reason to invest more in a device, which I can't use for proper streaming purposes. (And you see, I'm not even asking for Netflix or anyhting fancy, but in Europe some TV streaming apps require properly certified DRM devices to work flawlessly.)

5. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

Hi, do you use native player or zdmc/kodi video player to reproduce videos? Which one do you think is more close to Oppe picture quality?

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Never use my OPPO for playing videos (only for MCH Music). Picture quality is for me on par including HDR/DV but functionality far lower with OPPO.
    When BD Menu is needed for playback and it won't work in fact use my Dune then.

darkeyes909, Bill-Z9X and Stefano C like this.
  7. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Hi! Always and only the native player ;)

Bill-Z9X and Stefano C like this.
  8. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

ZDMC used native player...

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

As stated previously this issue has not been from the start and does seem to be worse for some.

Mine is a real pain. Yesterday one TV video file was taking almost 10 seconds for audio to return after coming out of pause.

Also as stated this is not a standard HDMI sync. The sync is already done. The audio loss IS also there when a file starts playing but not as noticeable as the HDMI sync is happening as well. However whether starting a video file or coming out of pause I need to skip back at least 5 seconds. As most of my usage is for TV - and all being DD - this is a major issue for me.

vddan likes this.
  10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Honestly I feel for you and I'm trying to sort this. I asked yesterday for an update and to quote the devs: "About audio start delay still should some work to do".

Make of that what you will...

Like you, I don't understand why this issue (and it is HDMI sync which is why some sinks deal with it better than others and for most it is a non-issue) started with v6.0.80, disappeared in v6.0.85 and returned again in v6.1.03.

I've asked for clarity on this since on the face of it this would indicate that all is needed is a regression, however, software seldom works like that - it's like bubbles in plastic wrap - push one down over here and another one pops up over there.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  11. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Again I installed this firmware 98G and updated ht4 to the 99th version. Now third-party music players have begun to fly out. In particular USB Audio Player PRO and Hiby Music Player. Departures go after playing 2-3 songs.

12. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I actually prefer the image quality of DV FEL disc images on the Oppo clone. Colors produced looked more natural on the Oppo than on my Zidoo. I use the Oppo clone mainly for DV FEL discs as it is sometimes a pain to use. Everything else I play on my Zidoo.

13. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I am afraid that what you describe is more of a "placebo effect" than reality. The FEL informations don't have any impact on colors. What FEL does vs MEL is having the information stored at the original "true" 12 bit grading and because of this it is also able to handle better luminances up to 4000 nit. So you will have a better image quality thanks to a better color gradiation handling (this means less or no banding... especially vs HDR10)... but colors don't change. This said, the Zidoo has the Dolby VS10 engine built in, that I really suggest to enable also with DV content, that does an excellent job at rescontructing (or oversampling?) and honestly I can't see any difference with DV playback between Oppo and Zidoo... and the colors just look the same and with excellent banding and tone-mapping information handling.
    To be clear: what I did is compare a DV FEL o MEL disc images (ISO) on Oppo vs an mkv DV (with profile 7 conversion made by MakeMKV) of the same disc images on Zidoo.

Bill-Z9X and vddan like this.
  14. AngryVirginian

It is not a placebo effect as I can clearly see the difference between the two units. I compared by switching HDMI input between Zidoo (with VS10 on) and Oppo on the same DV titles on my LG C9. And the results were clear to me on several titles including Gladiator, Sing 2, Moonfall, etc. However, the two players produce slightly different colors even on the same non-DV titles. For example, I noticed on the Martian 4K that Mars was more red on the Zidoo than on the Oppo.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Thanks Mark. If Dune had a decent Movie wall I would seriously consider jumping ship. The delay is a real buzz kill.

16. Markswift2003

Just checked and my Dune does the same thing except that it also does it with DTS, DTS-HD and DTS-X.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  17. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

The 2 players have slightly different output, this is true. But this doesn't mean that the Oppo handles DV better than Zidoo... and especially that it has "more natural colors" or that this is thanks to the FEL support you have on Oppo (and this was the reason of my inital "what for?"). In this sense I was talking about "placebo effect". Sorry for the misunderstanding ;)

18. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Dear Markswift2003!!! Can you clarify the issue with the release of a new firmware for UHD 3000? And I'm also interested in the next UND 3000, the top-end device in the line, but the betki go first of all not to it. Can you clarify the situation?

19. AngryVirginian

I did not say that the Oppo has more natural colors. What I said was that the Oppo with FEL produces more natural looking color to my eyes. The mixing of HDR10 base layer & RPU & EL happens on my display anyway since I use TV-LED.

20. Markswift2003

All testing is done on the Z9X so public firmware releases are always issued for the Z9X first. When that firmware is deemed stable enough it is then rolled out to all other 1619 players.

It is not feasible to roll out all firmware versions to all players at the same time - this would leave less time for development.