Beta version v6.3.98 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

As I say, YMMV, but my opinion comes from a great many years in the Custom Installation business ;)

2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

darkeyes909 likes this.
  3. Markswift2003

Still trying to get this solved - it's crazy this hasn't been sorted yet.

I did a little digging into firmware versions and which versions have the audio delay and which don't and it's not as straight forward as you might think:

FW Version--Delay
    6.0.22----------No
    6.0.60----------No
    6.0.66----------No
    6.0.80----------Yes
    6.0.85----------No
    6.0.90----------No
    6.1.03->--------Yes

4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

dont forget this setting i found which can also effect delays which i was getting ranging 5 to 13 secs depending on audio type within the vid

Turned Settings / Audio / Pass-Through compatibilty mode to OFF

it was on on mine for some reason

the 5 sec non RAW files above now have only a 1-2 sec audio delay after a pause

5. Markswift2003

Yes, as previously documented, if Pass-Through Compatibility is not needed (as in most cases) then it will exacerbate the delay and should be left off.

However, for some setups, regardless of this setting being on or off, there is still an unacceptably long delay. In my case it's the same as yours, barely noticeable, but the fact that it was introduced around v6.0.80 and then disappeared in subsequent versions only to return again later tells me that it is potentially fixable.

vddan likes this.
  6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Other thing to consider

Playing all the same test files via my Z9S to a sony atmos amp the audio delays are almost non existant on all file types
    Surely there must be something in this

7. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Will trailers return to HT4?

vddan likes this.
  8. Markswift2003

No - it depends on each individual setup - it's an unrequired HDMI sync that only happens for Dolby audio streams - some kit syncs quickly, some kit syncs slowly and some, very slowly.

9. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

The long/slow sync is a mayor issue Zidoo must focus and take care for future fws.

10. Markswift2003

From what I can see you use Denon amps and they have no real problem with this - maybe 1.5s.

11. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

A real double long sync (4-5") comes from Z9X > Vertex2 > AVR-X6200W > Benq W5700 or TV Sharp LC60... both of them are getting a long resync. Actually I can't confirm it comes from Vertex2 or from Zidoo but it happens when they are in conjunction. I've checked the Vertex2 config with HDFury support and they say it's fully correct.

12. Markswift2003

Is this the Dolby audio sync or a standard HDMI sync though?

13. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

This is a standard HDMI video/audio resync with any output audio format.

14. serg fedorov

15. Markswift2003

Ok that's different and nothing to do with the source, in this case then Zidoo - that controlled by the behaviour of the HDMI sink, usually the display.

I've never known the Vertex to introduce any sort of sync delay although you can test how log you display takes by issuing on hotplug event in the config page.

16. Markswift2003

Local trailers are working perfectly.

17. serg fedorov

Thanks Mark!
    But I don't know how to turn them on. Need to download?

Why can't you bring back trailers that were just running? Without stopping on some old firmware. Perhaps on the 60th or 66th. And with stops it works on the 92nd.

Last edited: May 14, 2022
  18. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Actually I've tried with other 4K TV and it happens the same, then all TVs around plus PJ => IMO, long resync caused by the marriage of Vertex2 and Z9X. Or nay Zidoo as it happens the same with direct HDMI to PJ. It’s more noticiable from last few fws.

Last edited: May 14, 2022
  19. Markswift2003

The big problem is that Youtube changed the API and the devs haven't figured it out yet - I guess these companies don't like others taking their content for free for commercial purposes - annoying, but understandable.

So I spent a couple of days last year or the year before downloading trailers for all my movies and once that's done it's dead easy - if you add a movie, you add a trailer at the same time. Simple.

I get most of mine from here:
    https://www.traileraddict.com/

And download using the "Save Video As" plugin in Chrome.

I also get them from here:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TrailersPlaygroundHD

And so far haven't had to look elsewhere although there are plenty of other sites.

Once downloaded, put it in the movie folder named like MovieName-trailer.mp4 (or .trailer - doesn't matter)

So like this:

upload_2022-5-14_12-15-7.png
    This will automatically use the local trailer but to be sure it works as expected switch on "Use Only Local Trailers" in preferences.

The beauty of this is you can choose which trailer you want rather than rely on the often dodgy copies on YouTube.

If you want more than one trailer, name like -trailer1, -trailer2 etc.

Visconti12 and serg fedorov like this.
  20. Markswift2003

As I say, it's not the Zidoo so there's nothing to be done at that end - the length of time HDMI takes to sync is determined by the sinks (end points).