Beta version v6.3.98 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 29, 2022.

1. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

negative ghostrider on the DV Profile 5 delays. If you are experiencing that perhaps cleaning memory or rebooting could fix issue temporarily until your Zidoo crys once more for a reboot. Zidoo, to HD Fury Diva to Denon AVR to 2016 LG Oled. I do get out of sync audio on Disney+ at times and have to reboot Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro

2. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Hi! No issue here. Delay is correct as usual ;)

3. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Check if MKVToolnix is not changing the original framerate... when I do the DV RPU injection it sometimes happens that doing the following remux, MKVToolnix changes the video track framerate from 23,976fps to 25.000fps. If this is the case you need to force the framerate to 23,976fps in MKVToolnix and than the file will be remuxed correctly.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's why I said to do it using an NLE - it's a lot easier syncing on a timeline rather fiddling about with offsets.

But often you can't even do that because deliverables vary from platform to platform and from territory to territory.

5. vddan

vddan Active Member

Personally since I deactivated the compatibility 'ampli' ..... The delay in the sound is well minimized!
    For internal downloaded trailers, now they pass Nikel !!!

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

would still be good idea to use mkv cut us out a 5 min segment and post it on Mega so we can test it for you

Eliminate or prove the file as issue ,plus if it is file issue ,someone may be able to see whats gone wrong

7. Junkie_000

Junkie_000 New Member

Yes I have also noticed a slight audio delay in MKV DV files its not much but enough to be annoying started doing it in the last release. Also have few videos now that cant be played that worked before.

8. vddan

vddan Active Member

For internal teleharged trailers, I got a little advanced because that of the day does not work ................ I looked for a logic of this, but I do not do not find !!
    By cons in 'media-center' they all work ........... strange !!

9. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I have a theory that Zidoo is gearing up to release new hardwares. Firmware updates have been a lot slower compared to last year and it now takes much longer for Z9X beta firmware to trickle down (or up) to other models.

vddan likes this.
  10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Have a similar feeling but the problem is there is no real new SOC that could be used for a new series. But could be a marginal upgrade with HDMI 2. 1 as a main goodie and maybe a faster CPU?

dwalme likes this.
  11. AngryVirginian

I keep reading about these Amlogic SOCs with dual channel HVEC decoder. I don't think that they are "new." But I wouldn't mind buying a Zidoo media player with it for DV FEL playback (assuming that Zidoo can make it work with all the sound formats).

12. Nice Monkey

You are referring to the Amlogic S922X SOC? I understand the CPU/GPU part is common with Realtek so it should be feasible but might take ages to get a stable FW for it? Or is there something newer?

Last edited: May 16, 2022
  13. AngryVirginian

No idea. :) Just want a new FEL-capable player so that I can get rid of my Oppo clone.

14. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Is this firmware update available for the Z10 Pro?

15. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

and a newer Android version ;-)?

16. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

the Realtek RTD2983 has PCIe and USB 3.0 interfaces. The Realtek RTD2893 chip supports 8K AV1, HEVC, VP9 image decoding, HDMI 2.1 8K input and output, USB and PCIe security image stream transmission. And it also supports all HDR specifications of 8K image processing.

out now for companies like Zidoo to start deigning their new media players

17. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

from a June 2019 demo.
    https://www.anandtech.com/show/14560/realtek-demonstrates-rtd2893-a-platform-for-8k-ultrahd-tvs

dr4go likes this.
  18. dwalme

dwalme New Member

Is it actually available or was it just a preview that Realtek has not moved forward with?

19. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

with so few 8k tvs sold yet and next to zero 8k content ,theres prolly been no rush to develop it yet

ie 2020 approx 350000 8k tvs sold worldwide
    2021 is expected to have been 1 mill sales

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  20. Nice Monkey

I have seen the Realtek RTD2983 specifications before. Nice SOC but it doesn't really bring any essential new features for watching UHD/HDR movies.
    Maybe Zidoo wants to join the 8K market though. Maybe it is better (accepted) for streaming services?

darkeyes909 and dr4go like this.