Beta version v6.3.98 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Just to confirm that the audio delay on Dolby soundtracks has now been fixed.:)

Tested on AC3, E-AC3, E-AC3 with Atmos, TrueHD and TrueHD with Atmos.

If anyone knows any other audio codecs which currently exhibit this delay on resuming from pause can you let me know so I can test please.

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I also have a delay with DTS (around 2 sec), but not with DTS-HD HRA or DTS-HD MA. Tried with over 10 movies of my collection using the DTS codecs.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  3. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Then, can we receive the fix in next fw?

4. vddan

vddan Active Member

To check 'aac' ;)

5. Markswift2003

Will check.

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

from testing id done it could be broken down to 2 groups basicly

Raw Lossless audio had 1 sec ish delay (which was like 5secs with the audio setting id mentioned earlier to do with compatibility )
    and Lossy audi types like ac3 all had to 3 sec delay (which was like 13 secs with the audio setting id mentioned earlier to do with compatibility )

7. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

With the UHD 3000 via audio HDMI, the delay was another 3 - 5 seconds longer. Does this also solve the problem? If I were to buy a UHD3000 again...

8. Markswift2003

DTS is ok

AAC is ok

Don't have a UHD3000 to check but if there is a delay with HDMI2 audio only then that's a completely different thing.

Previously DTS codecs were fine, the issue was with Dolby codecs AC3 only - As you say, using compatibility mode exacerbated the situation if it was not required (most cases it isn't)

So now all the codecs I've tried start immediately.

As long as we find no further issues, then yes I think so.

boxerfan, Bill-Z9X and vddan like this.
  9. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

I sure hope CEC is fixed in the next firmware. Hopefully VERY soon. It screws up my entire system.

10. Cranks

Cranks Member

I now have a Z9X and I have two issues that I can't seem to fix.

1/ There is a delay of up to 5 seconds for movies to start playing - audio is almost instant. How can I improve this?
    2/ When using the Controller App, my unit does not turn on using the power button. I have to resort to using the supplied remote. How do I set this up?

Overall I am happy with the Controller App even CEC works for me with volume control on my HTP1, but would like to suggest the following:-
    1/ add a stop button
    2/ add play/pause button
    3/ add fast forward and fast rewind buttons