Beta version v6.3.90 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It is not that bad and in fact removed by Lindy blocker with this FW. But agreed work still needs to be done on it.

Volume Control on my AMP started working when setting "TV speaker control to HDMI" on my TV. Strange that is needed as it worked perfect without doing so with my other media players.

rozel likes this.
  2. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Thanks so much for the tip, now I have solved it ....

Markswift2003 likes this.
  3. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

It is exactly that bad. Please stop telling me how my experience was or should be. The HDMI-CEC problem is similar as seen before. The unit did then and now does as it wished regardless of settings. You didn't test it with my hardware combinations so please stop trying to tell me what I saw and what I see now. It is every bit as disruptive to use to in my entertainment stack as before without crippling its access to the CEC chain of communications with other devices.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

HDMI-CEC: It improved for many it seems, no change for some and even got worse for a few others. This happens more often. This was the only thing I wanted to say. Please don't take it personal for sure was not meant as such.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  5. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

It's better to use Harmony remotes to rule them all and no HDMI-CEC is needed anymore. I use those remotes for over 10 years, I will never back to other remotes.

Sincerely

Deano86, Bertrum and pcristi like this.
  6. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

There is just one problem, Harmony has stopped manufacturing remotes.
    So try to buy one for a decent price......
    Guess what....you can't !

darkeyes909 and xskip like this.
  7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Wow! I didn't know that - I was only discussing with my better half earlier today that Harmony is the best thing since sliced bread. Hope the rechargeable battery(s) can be source for a while yet though.

8. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Rozel, as long as your Logitech hub is working you can control your system with either your telephone or apple Ipad with the Harmony app.
    I cherish my Elite with love and care, people are now asking more than the original new set price. I recently purchased a replacement battery
    was very easy to install.

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

May I ask where you purchased it from please?

Yes my family all use their Smartphones with the Harmony App but I prefer to use the Harmony Remote.

Update: - Out of curiosity I looked up the details of my Harmony Hub & Remote purchase. It was 3 years to the day when I bought it for £129.99 - Blimey!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  10. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I was considering to get a Logitech Harmony Elite but quite priced. Is it really compatible with Denon, Zidoo, Sharp, Benq devices?

11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I'm sure it does. Check here: - https://support.myharmony.com/en-gb/compatibility I would suggest that you also get a CEC-Less adaptor, then all your issues will be solved.

Only downside as @TifKag said is they're damn expensive right now - close on or over £400 for a new Hub/Remote or +£250 for used.

They're still supporting though, which is good news

Visconti12 likes this.
  12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

other way is get amazon alexa and a wifi IR repeater
    add devices you need on the repeater and even set up routines

atm what works when CEC is working is i just say Echo Turn on Zidoo

and minute later zidoo tv and amp are all on

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

With Harmony no need for useless CEC - one press on the Harmony app or Remote and seconds later you've turned on several items of equipment (as many as you set up in an "activity") . Seriously no comparison imho

Deano86 likes this.
  14. boolian

boolian Member

Harmony is discontinued.

15. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i do have a Harmony 650
    used it a week sat around unused 2 3 yrs now prolly

16. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

CEC seems to be getting more unstable with this patch especially

normal startup is turn on Z9X which turns Pana z1000 OLED and denon 3700H on

im now having to power restart the Z9X most times aftwerwards due to video playback on all types ive watched so far ,having a blue/green tint to the whole picture
    Only thing changed is to run this update
    Not touched any settings on any devices

17. boolian

boolian Member

I'm using the beta and CEC volume control of my Sony AV receiver still doesn't work.