Beta version v6.3.90 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

You can also check your TV, mine has a setting for each direction ;-) from or to the Zidoo.....

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

A good device has four. From and To for On and for Off each. If you include the AMP too you get 8 settings just for power action synchronization.

3. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

yes well on/off was somehow clear I thought, I personally do not use it, I have a good universal remote so I use that one ;-) to switch on/off devices as I like; 5 devices and most used functions on a small remote at last.

4. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I don't think using a hyphen really should make a difference... especially if the trailer does start to play, but then stops. If the naming format was incorrect it just wouldn't play at all. I suspect it may just be a glitch with the Zidoo Nuplayer or something. May actually need to do a factory reset to get it working properly again.

5. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Hi

since the latest update I have a problem with cec. Every time I turn on my tv the z9x boots up even though I disabled that in the cec options. the only thing I have activated is the volume controll

of my receiver. My tv is a Sony A90j.

Random_Vibration likes this.
  6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Mmm - seems a small incremental realease - don't think I'll bother.

audio delay after pause - not fixed
    online trailer - not fixed
    improve bluray menu support - no change

mytich and leviathan like this.
  7. DennisTheMenace

disabling the option on the tv that turns on hdmi devices doesn't help

8. grimtm

grimtm New Member

Hello , I can't log into the Google Play store on the Zidoo Z9X v6.3.90 software (version G). The same problem was on v6.3.88 (version G). This throws a certificate error. I did everything according to the instructions. After that, I rebooted the media player. And I still can't log in to Google Play. and the Weather app still doesn't work for me.

9. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

Just to make things clear, I don't have that audio delay problem (if some people think it is a problem everyone is facing, it never happened to me, and I use the pause pretty often).

Ethernet lights properly switch off, cool :)

10. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @Yohmi

How have you connected your Z9X with other devices? Any receivers or just Z9X to TV?

Sincerely

11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

It depends on the type of audio. It is a thing as it's been reported by multiple users.

Been an issue for at least a year. We have had multiple updates in that time but none have tried to address it.

Zidoo haven't even acknowledge the issue - never mind fix it. I find it really annoying!

See confirmation of this issue from Mark back in March 2021

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...ro-z1000-pro-uhd3000.86886/page-3#post-148303

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
  12. Glorioso

Glorioso Member

Same here, when in stand by mode, it turns it self back on. LG B9 throught a Denon AVR.

13. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

as above ,it depends on audio type

ie atmos and other "raw" audios have only tiny delay after a pause

Lossy 5.1 audio like say Ac3 has 5 sec delay( which was 13 secs before the .75 f/w

My Z9s in the bedroom ,playing same files off the network ,doesnt have the lag issues (ill double check again to make sure since i dont see them ,but will check to be 100 perct )

K just confirmed on the Z9S in the bedroom with same files im watching in lounge atm
    2 ch audio almost zero audio delay after pause
    5.1 ch audio 1-2 sec delay but still noticably less than the 5+ secs Z9X has atm and which was 13+ sec delay pre .75 f/w

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  14. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

The same happens to with a Sony X85j connected directly to the HDMI port of the Zidoo. After turning off the Z9X and switching the input to TV on the X85j, the Z9X powers itselfs on again.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  15. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

Directly to the TV, and everything greater than 2.0 is downsampled by the Zidoo so it can be properly rendered by my analogic stereo amp (passthrough from the TV to a stereo DAC using optical).

16. DennisTheMenace

Yes, that's very annoying, every time I change the input or even just start an app on my TV, the z9x starts up

Random_Vibration likes this.
  17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

This happens even if you disable HDMI-CEC on your Zidoo? The ultimate solution is a Lindy HDMI-CEC blocker.

18. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

No. Just no. The ultimate solution is to undo what they just did because for me, HDMI-CEC worked perfectly on a LG C6, TCL 5 series, and a Sony X85j before this particular firmware. This change broke it.

I own 3 CEC-less devices from Lindy and used to have use one with Z9X until they fixed thier problems. Now it is broken again. Turning something off or blocking the CEC pin that used to work properly isn't a solution. It's a work around.

It's a beta firmware. I tested it. It's broken. I get it.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  19. DennisTheMenace

no if i disable cec is fine. But before the update everything was fine for me
    I use cec just to control the volume of my receiver

20. tom 10

tom 10 New Member

Wished I could help but I don't read or understand Swahili. English please (Google translate is our friend).....as it seems to be the preferred language of this forum.