Beta version v6.3.45 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 27, 2021.

1. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

Thanks for the feedback. The color setting is white or gray. It is just a one show (1080p, DV). Yesterday I saw this exact effect on other 4K, DV show, but it resolve itself after quit and play again.
    But with 1080p, DV - can’t get rid of this nasty effect.

2. rockmeloman

rockmeloman New Member

Note!
    1. When the movie is paused, the photo (4k resolution) of the screensaver is in poor quality
    2. When the mkv-file is paused, subtitles (srt) appear in the background of the screensaver.
    3. HDD 3,5 WD Red 3TB, 5400 after unmounting continues to spin.
    Sorry for my bad English

3. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

A french user reports the same issue about the subtiles (SRT) with this firmware, for files in HDR or DV. He says that is random, even with the same file.

His TV: Sony Oled A90j, HDR mode on Auto, DV mode on priority standard TV (TV Led).

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    sojer2005 likes this.
  4. lanz

lanz Member

I noticed the main GUI is blinking twice at Zidoo startup.
    It was blinking once in the previous firmware.

I still have weird "{\ }" before some subtitles.
    They work perfectly on my Shield with Kodinerds.

I can't use the yellow color for mkv subtitles with DV videos.
    And some colors don't work at all.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  5. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

If respect Android logic to use default DayDream, while go back to player will be reloading and make a resume playing.
    Trust me, we've tried it. It was a terrible experience

pcristi and Markswift2003 like this.
  6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

External screensavers may amongst other use its own resolution and framerate. You don't want all that to change twice calling your own favorite screensaver just pausing a video do you? Of course you expect transitions to be smooth as silk and the movie to restart without video or sound hiccups what so ever. It is not as simple as most think just calling another program.

A screensaver is meant to kick in when nobody is watching at all to avoid burn-in and is mostly paired with minimization of power wasted by the TV. A floating clock/logo on black background is most common to achieve that combined goal.
    Using a fotoframe /picture viewer as the screensaver may be nice looking but in fact is not really complying with basic screensaver goals.

Zidoo could make this choice an option (with warning) for those still preferring all side-effectes with their favorite choice, but this definitely should not become the default.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    SilverEye and Markswift2003 like this.
  7. lanz

lanz Member

Does anyone know why Zidoo is always selecting the "French (French)" subtitle over "French (Forced)"?

I tried almost (not Arabic or Czech for example) subtitle settings and there is no way to make it using "French (Forced)" by default.

It's a Netflix show, any known issue?

8. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I put this setting and it seems to have gone into place, I will do other tests as soon as I have time, is it now better to leave this setting like this or in the next firmware put it back automatically?

By the way, finally now the settings menus are also translated into Italian !!:)

9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's better leave HDMI range on 16-235 - that's the way that video content is mastered and how it should be viewed.

I know there is a luminance issue with setting HDMI range to Auto for some TVs but that is not a result of the latest firmware and the black level fix - it was there previously.

giangi76 likes this.
  10. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

I have an old TV without HDR. When I use the Dolby Vision engine with a 16-235 setting, I have gray instead of black. Everything is strongly overexposed. When I set it to 0-255 everything falls into place, the picture is great, the black is wonderful.
    What's the catch? Why does this wrong HDMI range on my devices (not only on TV, on projectors the same) work as expected?

11. Markswift2003

That's a bug with VS10 - it's a Dolby issue but it's what this firmware addresses - the next version will be released this week and the logic is more robust.

serg fedorov likes this.
  12. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Since they translated the menu tonight I started playing with the settings a bit, the first thing is in the dolby vision mode before I was forced to keep LLDV as standard mode gave me a green screen, but now I have seen that I can also put mode standard, what is better to keep for my sony tv 65ag8?
    I have always kept edid off, I wanted to ask if saving my edid and then activating the edid function and loading the file I saved could I get better quality or do I keep keeping edid off?
    Thanks

13. Michael Ching

Michael Ching New Member

This issue is getting confusing. Perhaps Dolby VS10 works with RGB 0-255 instead of 16-235? Zappiti in their manual for their new Realtek 1619DR models states:

HDR > SDR
    Conversion To benefit from the best SDR performance on HDR content, we invite you to go to Settings>Video>HDR and Dolby Vision Settings and select the Dolby VS10 engine for HDR, DV video option. Then go to Settings>System>Video>HDMI Range Mode>Full Range. If you do not apply this setting, the picture could be washed out

Can Zidoo clarify? Are they fixing something that is not broken?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  14. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I would check the srt subtitle file for weired timestamps, I had this problem too with Zidoo but was related to timestamps

15. Markswift2003

No they're not - there's a well documented bug with VS10 SDR and VS10 HDR on certain displays that don't support HDMI YCC level switching we've been discussing here for months.

The workaround has always been to set the HDMI level to 0-255.

We've known about this for over a year but the devs decided to leave alone and people were then free to set the HDMI level to 0-255 should they need to. It only affects older SDR TVs, Samsungs, Philips and some Panasonics - as I say, displays that don't support YCC HDMI level switching.

However Zappiti made a huge fuss about having "fixed" the VS10 black level bug and Dune also made a big song and dance and said their devs had been working for "months" to fix the same bug and had finally come up with a "solution" giving it some stupid name like the "Dune really clever black level compensation engine" or something equally ridiculous (they have a habit of adding little tweaks into their firmware and then calling it an "engine").

So from what you say, and I didn't know this, but hilariously it seems that Zappiti's epiphany is just tell people to set HDMI level to 0-255 which we've been doing since day 1 - they haven't actually fixed anything at all! You've made my day - I hope that's true - it really is funny as hell.

And Dune added a bit of logic to the switching and to be fair to Dune it works well.

So the devs and I talked about this and it took them one day to add the same logic it took Dune "months" to fix into the Zidoo boxes so you don't have to change the levels manually. As I say, this logic is improved in the version being released this week.

16. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

lmao! This made my day

blenky and Markswift2003 like this.
  17. Michael Ching

Michael Ching New Member

I'm glad I've made your day. :)

So, with the new firmware, I can leave it at AUTO or should I stick to 16-235?

18. lanz

lanz Member

Here is a problematic internal subtitle from a DV mkv video.
    I don't know why the Zidoo player is showing {\an8}?
    Code:
    00:00:06,047 --> 00:00:09,884
    UNE SÉRIE NETFLIX

00:00:20,353 --> 00:00:23,898
    {\an8}<i>Ma ville appelait ce jeu
    le jeu du calamar.</i>

00:00:25,859 --> 00:00:29,237
    {\an8}<i>Les lignes tracées au sol
    rappellent la forme du calamar.</i>

00:00:30,572 --> 00:00:32,240
    {\an8}<i>Les règles sont simples.</i>

00:00:32,949 --> 00:00:37,996
    {\an8}<i>Les enfants sont divisés en deux groupes :
    l'attaque et la défense.</i>

00:00:40,040 --> 00:00:43,543
    {\an8}<i>La défense peut courir
    mais sans dépasser une certaine limite,</i>

00:00:43,626 --> 00:00:48,006
    {\an8}<i>et l'attaque, au-delà de cette limite,
    n'a le droit de sauter que sur un pied.</i>

00:00:51,009 --> 00:00:52,469
    {\an8}Ta mère !

00:00:52,552 --> 00:00:57,891
    {\an8}<i>Mais si un attaquant traverse la taille
    du calamar et devance la défense,</i>

00:00:57,974 --> 00:01:02,979
    {\an8}<i>il peut alors courir librement
    avec ses deux pieds.</i>

00:01:08,026 --> 00:01:09,069
    {\an8}L'inspecteur secret.

00:01:09,944 --> 00:01:14,949
    {\an8}<i>Quelle qu'en soit la raison,
    on appelait ça l'inspecteur secret.</i>

00:01:16,576 --> 00:01:19,788
    {\an8}<i>Après s'être préparés
    à la bataille finale,</i>

00:01:19,871 --> 00:01:24,042
    {\an8}<i>les attaquants se rassemblent
    à l'entrée du calamar.</i>

00:01:26,503 --> 00:01:27,504
    {\an8}On y va.

00:01:29,047 --> 00:01:30,924
    {\an8}<i>Pour gagner, les attaquants</i>

00:01:31,716 --> 00:01:36,012
    {\an8}<i>doivent sauter dans le petit espace fermé
    sur la tête du calamar.</i>

19. Michael Ching

Michael Ching New Member

You have to give it to them for clever marketing. Marketing has always been strong in the western world of consumerism. This is where the east lags behind and have much to learn. It never hurt sales to give a few lines of codes a nice name.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  20. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

@lanz: Try losing the {\an8} entries, that's a code that's not supported by Zidoo.

Attached Files: