Beta version v6.3.45 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Thanks for confirmation. Local network is not necessarily the same network. I have 192.168.1.x and 192.168.0.x. I will probably use ZDMC for now. HT should give an option to specify a server in addition to scan and select a server.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ah right - that's a different subnet on the same network. You could still map across subnets, but I take your point.

3. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

I'm bit confuse is this a request of Photo Gallery and Screensaver to be supported or info for us you use it?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If someone need here are SAI/photoscreensaver use it to install/test.
    Enjoy Zidoo players.

serg fedorov likes this.
  4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I rather like the sound of that so just downloaded it. How do you install and use? etc etc - there are 4 .apk files in the download

5. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks. It doesn't require the Zidoo to be "Rooted", does it?

7. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Not root required :).

LE: Thanks to @blenky to reminder about Photo Gallery and Screensaver, some of NASA day picture are rely impress.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    rozel likes this.
  8. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Next version should be release next week. Will add soundtrack function.

rozel, sojer2005, fsim2000 and 7 others like this.
  9. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

@mirror
    Please check why Zidoo saver is forced built-in on(code copy on Zidoo videoplayer) then use when video of pause and not respect Android logic to use default DayDream/Zidoo DayDream.
    For me that look to be a bug in the logic of implementation of pause savers.

Thanks.

10. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

So no one encounters darker images on both HDR10 and Dolby Vision HDR content? If no one has found this thing then rest assured, it must have been my impression, my TV is a Sony KD-65AG8

11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've a later test firmware installed and although this doesn't change the mechanism of how the VS10 black compensation has been implemented, it does change the logic a bit.

The only change is for certain SDR or HDR TVs and then only when using VS10 to output SDR or HDR.

I have a Sony TV here which is not affected by the black level issue and a Samsung which is and neither produces darker images than previously (with the exception of VS10 SDR and HDR on the Samsung which is what the fix is supposed to do).

To reiterate, this fix will only affect TVs that previously had a lack lustre "grey" look to VS10 SDR and VS10 HDR and these are displays that cannot swap between full (0-255) and limited (16-235) HDMI ranges.

These are Samsungs, Philips and some Panasonic TVs and also some older non 4K non HDR displays.

Sonys are not affected.

Just be sure that you have HDMI Range set to 16-235 and not Auto since there does seem to be a separate issue with Auto being too dark which may be what you're experiencing.

sojer2005 likes this.
  12. Ross0000

Ross0000 New Member

Appears my Z9X bit the dust after the upgrade. I upgraded using a USB drive, the online update wasn't available even though I have beta checked. Everything completed successfully, no errors. Shutdown, removed the USB and now it won't boot to the main screen. I've tried unplugging it a few times, and tried leaving power plugged in and just turned off with the switch. The display comes on with the time, but nothing on the TV screen and it doesn't respond to the remote. It won't turnoff with the remote, I have to flip the power switch. Any ideas?

13. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

ive always said SDR VS10 was a bit too dark ,but i used it cos that slight over black was minor compared to SDR with it not on

and ill keep saying to my eyes , playing SDR content ive been watching using vs10 for SDR/HDR for months is definitly a bit darker again ( tried both 0-255 and 16 to 255 ranges made no noticeable difference}

ie ive watched 3rd rock from the Sun seasons 1 to 5 and into 6 so have a good mindseye on the colours the series was playing at and now seeing it even darker

ill check the 4k ai upscales for Startrek voyager later which was another series that looked a little overblack but the huge increase in overall made it worth watching anyways

Actual DV movies seems fine ...as it should

15. Ross0000

Ross0000 New Member

16. Ross0000

Ross0000 New Member

@serg fedorov Well I'm lost already, what is UART? Sounds like a piece of hardware.

17. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Now I'm confused! I was talking about the Fotoo screensaver app that I have been using on my Z9X. I use the Photo Gallery and Screensaver app on my Shield - but could never get it to work on my Z9X.

The issue is not what third party screensaver I use but it's that when a video is paused it opens the default screen saver and not the one I have selected - see images

Screenshot_20211030-203811.png Screenshot_20211030-203833.png Screenshot_20211030-203923.png

18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Whats that?

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Genious! I bought Photo Gallery and Screensaver for my Shield but never could get it to work on my Z9X. Using this method its working fine. It's a better app than Fotoo.

20. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

NVM