Beta version v6.3.45 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

@Nejiro

Ok, as I thought your TV supports LLDV only:

The Dolby Block decodes as:

DV Version: 2
    DV DM Version: v3.x
    DV Interface: low latency 422 12bit
    2160p60: supported
    YUV422 12bit: supported
    Global Dimming: not supported
    Backlight Control: not supported, default 100 nits
    RED Primary: 0.680, 0.316
    GREEN Primary: 0.262, 0.688
    BLUE Primary: 0.148, 0.059
    MAX/MIN Luminance: 1037 / 0.000 nits

2. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

But as I told you the DV also work in standard mode, do you advise me to put LLDV back?
    One question, how did you open the file? Ubuntu gives me an error in the text file, it opens it but with all incomprehensible characters ....
    Thanks

3. Markswift2003

I assume you mean you set it here:

upload_2021-11-2_19-40-11.png

This is only a priority setting - so if your TV allows Standard and Low Latency Dolby Vision, this lets you chose which one.

If your TV only allows Low Latency Dolby Vision (as in your case) choosing Priority Standard DV will have no effect because that mode does not exist in the TV - your Zidoo will still output LLDV.

Depending what I'm doing, I use these programs to open and edit EDID files:

https://www.deltacast.tv/products/free-software/e-edid-editor

https://ez.analog.com/video/w/documents/750/advantiv-edid-editor

darkeyes909 likes this.
  4. lanz

lanz Member

So, what's the reason why LLDV is set by default?

5. Markswift2003

Something had to be I guess. Because the enhancement layer isn't used, it doesn't really matter.

6. tanvideo

tanvideo New Member

Anyone update this version has some Videoclip can't playable? before that is work fine. any setting problem?

7. domifer

domifer Member

My experience: I own a SONY XR55A90J OLED, and it can reproduce DV in both settings, but, if I choose standard DV TV LED; then it only plays it with 10-bit depth , but with LLDV Player Led it plays the DV files with 12-bit depth, at least that is the info I get when pressing OK in the Zidoo remote.
    Is this normal?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  8. Markswift2003

The A90J supports both Player and TV Led DV (in Dolby Vision Enhanced Mode I believe).

This is the Dolby Block from your TV:

EB:01:46: D0:00:48:03:82:88:62:76:97
    DV Version: 2
    DV DM Version: reserved
    DV Interface: standard and low latency 422 12bit
    2160p60: supported
    YUV422 12bit: not supported
    Global Dimming: not supported
    Backlight Control: not supported, default 100 nits
    RED Primary: 0.680, 0.320
    GREEN Primary: 0.266, 0.691
    BLUE Primary: 0.148, 0.059
    MAX/MIN Luminance: 1037 / 0.000 nits

So yes, changing to TV Led will work in your case but it should not be playing in 10-bit. 12-bit TV Led DV is transported over HDMI using an 8-bit RGB container, so I'm not sure what's going on there. Can you do a screenshot (press a coloured button and assign to "screenshot") of the info screen when this happens.

domifer likes this.
  9. domifer

domifer Member

It's actually worse, it is giving me 8 bit depth with the TV LED. Anyway, here are the 2 pictures I took and the edid file just in case:

Attached Files:

10. Dan

Dan Member

Tried a couple of full 4K disk rips tonight that are DV but when playing through the menu they are showing as HDR but when direct playing they are DV.

It works on some titles such as Scream and Protege but not on titles such as Silence of the Lambs and Halloween 1-5.

Is this a known issue as I thought it was resolved in previous firmwares?

11. Markswift2003

Like I said, 12-bit TV Led DV is carried in an 8-bit RGB container, so what you're seeing is correct.

domifer likes this.
  12. domifer

domifer Member

Thank you for your answer, but, does that mean , that choosing LLDV Player will have more quality in depth and also because it is YUV422 12 bit as opposed to the TV RGB 8-bit , or is this just an info displayed but has no influence quality-wise ? Should I choose LLDV in any case?

13. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Yes, there are some issues with the menus. What you are talking about is one of them.

Imho, this should be one of the priority developments with the music app. I don’t use any of them but I know they are the most discussed on the forums, especially the menu issues.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  14. Markswift2003

No, not at all - the TV Led Dolby Vision signal is still 12-bit YUV but it is carried in an 8-bit RGB container. The TV decodes the 12-bit YUV signal from the 8-bit RGB one.

domifer likes this.
  15. domifer

domifer Member

So, which settings do you recommend in my specific case?

16. Markswift2003

Whichever look best - theoretically they should both look the same, but practically because the Zidoo and Sony are completely different devices, one may look better - probably TV Led, but trust your eyes.

domifer likes this.
  17. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

I would like to hear your opinion and maybe a solution for my problem. I have changed my external HDD letter from E to F under Windows 10 Disc Management and when I connect this HDD to Z9X via USB 3.0 it's no longer recognized/visible by Zidoo unit. HDD works without any problems, when I connect it to Windows 10 system computer again.

Any idea and solution, how to resolve this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Sincerely

18. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Sorry can't you reconnect it to windows and give it back the letter E?

19. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @Nejiro

Yep, I did that earlier and everything works like before... But I would like to know, if there are any other solution, when the letter is still changed and if Z9X will be able to recognize it like earlier, when the letter wasn't changed? Or is it just impossible?

Sincerely

20. Markswift2003

When you say recognised, do you mean as a source in HT4 or as a drive in Media Center?

pcristi likes this.