Beta version v6.3.45 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 27, 2021.

1. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @Markswift2003

I have 3 HDD 5TB connected via USB 3.0 Hub (external power) to the Z9X USB 3.0 port. Until I have changed letter one of those HDD from E: to F: all those HDD were recognized/visible in Media Center and ZDMC/Kodi in Sources. I'm not using HT4, but I think it would be the same problem. 2 HDD are visible in the system, I can browse their content, but not this one with changed letter, it's even not showing in the list of sources. Of course when I back from F: to E:, Z9X will see this HDD as earlier without any problems. There are only .mkv .srt .nfo .jpg files on those HDD.

For Windows 10 there is no difference if HDD has E: or F: or any other letter, HDD is visible in few seconds.

Sincerely

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

When changing the drive letter you affect the logical volume information so the Zidoo would see it as a different disc but regardless it should still show in Media Center.

It's just programs that use it as a source and rely on the volume information would no longer see it - you'd have to add it again as a source because logically it's a different volume.

3. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @Markswift2003

I cannot add it again as a source, because this HDD is not visible in Z9X sources list, when I connect it via USB 3.0 :)

You may check it by yourself, if you have any external HDD or PenDrive, just connect it to Zidoo and it will be visible, then connect it to your PC, change drive letter to any other and then reconnect it again via Zidoo USB 3.0. You will see, if it's working or not.

Sincerely

4. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

You could try changing the volume name of the drive.

But, it could be that you have to scrape that drive again, because the device will see it as a new drive

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  5. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Sorry but I don't remember how to do something, I had a movie in hdr10 and then I downloaded the same movie in dolby vision, I just replaced the file leaving the same name, the problem is that HT4 keeps seeing it as hdr10 and I would like that would see it in DV as it really is, I would like it to do so obviously without renaming the file or reloading the library, is there a way?
    Thanks

6. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Refresh in the more section of the detail page should do that.

7. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

New firmware today ? :cool:

8. Markswift2003

Hoping tomorrow - couple of niggles to iron out...

xskip, pcristi and sojer2005 like this.
  9. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Ouch not good

10. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

I follow all your comments with interest but ..... still nothing for us uhd300 owners ...

joe

11. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Yes the Famous Friday all marked on our Calendars :) :)

12. Markswift2003

As I say, the Z9X gets ironed out first and then when there's some stability, the rest follow.

sojer2005 likes this.
  13. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Can you explain me well please? I didn't understand how to do it exactly ....
    Thanks

14. Markswift2003

upload_2021-11-4_19-31-49.png

upload_2021-11-4_19-32-12.png

The best movie of all time by the way!

15. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

A great function this one, very useful.

You use the froggies’ posters in your collection now? lol

Good choice, the poster and the movie! :D

Markswift2003 likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

I have it on now in the background - best movie ever!!!

17. Markswift2003

I even have the Pendleton cardigan - my wife HATES it :)

18. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Really?! lolllll

19. Markswift2003

20. Markswift2003

She bought it for me a couple of Xmas's ago on condition that I never wear it in public with her :D