Beta version v6.3.45 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

{\an1-9} are positioning tags. {\an8} should place the subtitle on center-top of the screen. I think the Zidoo doesn't honour these tags.
    As I've seen different settings for internal vs external srt, maybe the subtitles being internal or external makes the difference in whether Zidoo would honour them.

[EDIT] Sorry, I think TifKag beat me to it by seconds

TifKag likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Stick on 16-235.

Honestly, you really did make my day :)

3. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Sorry about that, but your explanation is better.;)

4. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Thanks, but I wonder if it's not a flaw in the Zidoo. When you can't/don't honour certain tags, why not just ignore them instead of merging them with the original subtitle-text.
    Of course your suggestion would take care of the problem.

5. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

@Markswift2003
    Can you tell me something about it?
    Thanks

6. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

I saw that the position tags were ignored in 1080p videos.
    Have not tried it with HDR/DV because since then i always remove those tags before i use the subs.
    It just takes seconds to do with a text editor or subtitle workshop.

7. lanz

lanz Member

Ignoring unsupported subtitle "tags" should be great for next release.
    Supporting them perfectly would be even better! ;)

Why not just using already existing and working subtitle renderers?
    I suppose Zidoo can't use opensource renderers without sharing their source code.

Guys, are you really checking/editing all your video library subtitles before watching?

8. Markswift2003

Sorry - not really sure what you're asking?

9. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

This is a typical marketing case, unfortunately. They are not even able to modernize their film collection in years, to fix simple errors that I reported to them. They writing about some great "playback engine", sad. I will never be fooled by this nonsense again.

Letmein likes this.
  10. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Yes, I do.
    Since i have seen that external subs look better, and have more options, i always rip the srt, and save it as UTF-8 srt file, with the exact same name as the videofile.
    That way i can remove all unsupported tags, and things like "subbed and converted by xxxxxxxx".
    The whole process only takes me from a few seconds to 2 minutes.

I have done that with my last 3 players, because most players (also other not to be named players) don't support placement or color tags.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  11. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I did not understand ... I mean about the edid and the management of the dolby vision that now works for me also on standard while before it worked only with LLDV and I have not changed TV, it is always the Sony 65AG8 .....

12. Markswift2003

As far as I know that TV only supports LLDV, but if you download the EDID from Settings/Display/Custom EDID/"Save EDID" I'll take a look.

Change the name of the file from edidxxx.bin to edixxx.txt to post on the forum.

13. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Then I post it because I saved it on the Zidoo's memory (by the way, is there a way to see the zidoo on the net?) ......
    Regarding the DV I remember that before it worked only with LLDV, now it also works with standard even if I tend the edid disabled, the edid I only did that test but then I disabled it, according to you it is better to use custom edid by loading the file of the my tv?
    Thanks

14. Markswift2003

Easiest way is to save the EDID to a USB stick.

You can access the Zidoo from its IP address as long as you have the SMB server turned on in network settings.

Yes, there are circumstances where it is an advantage to save your own EDID to Custom EDID and use that - it means that the EDID is always presented to the box regardless of whether the TV is turned on or off. However it would not provide any different functionality.

15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

That's a shame but I think I get it. I often pause play to go to loo or get cup of tea as I play a lot of stuff from bluray menu and its more convenient to pause than stop and go back through menu. OK 'don't use menu' you say - but that's just me!

At least it now starts DayDream which is a huge improvement. Having an OLED you get a little paranoid,

16. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I hope Zidoo are paying for all this:cool:

Markswift2003 likes this.
  17. Markswift2003

I wish!

sojer2005 likes this.
  18. does Zidoo support pre-generated mediainfo file instead of generating it on the fly? The should speed up scanning process.

19. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Attached Files:

20. Markswift2003

Good question - I don't think so but to be fair it'd take you a lot longer to do all that rather than just scan from scratch - when we were first testing I think I measured the scan speed at about 0.4s per title.

susanstone2021 likes this.