Beta version v6.3.66 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

What are your concerns? Are you afraid that the Z1000 Pro won’t get updates in the future but the Z9X will? If so, they are not warranted at all. They both use the same SoC and SDK and will get the same treatment. Only for beta the Z9X usually gets them first.

AngryVirginian and Djdragon like this.
  2. vddan

vddan Active Member

Small feedback after a few hours of using version '0.66':
    So randomly the trailers get blocked ..... and from time to time a pass correctly and this since '0.65'!
    Otherwise no improvement on 'HT' it is slow and often crashes as soon as it is asked for certain operations (delete a file; rescatch a cover etc .......), it often returns to the interface of 'opening !
    So better to stay on '0.60' !!!!

3. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

no i can not agree .. there are films where the menu on z9x does not work but on z9s and it is of course the same film

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yeah I also got the indication that it actually got a bit worse.

Kenshin likes this.
  5. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

It's not that slow, it's usually only a few days. A question like that was answered here before, on the Z9X it will be released earlier for testing, if everything is ok, then it will come for others.

Djdragon likes this.
  6. Junkie_000

Junkie_000 New Member

Yes I also agree, 3D Blurays work better on my X10 then on my Z9X it was disappointing to see as that was my main reason for choosing Zidoo still hoping that it will improve but in the future. One day I hope to retire the X10.

7. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Can you tell me how to enable this? Can't find it in Quick Settings.

8. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

@mirror @bob
    the technical data of all this devices are identical (RTD 1619DR) !
    i think can then only be due to the firmware ?

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Ohh - hope all is well with you buddy! I had a mitral valve repair last year - what they can do these days is remarkable. Keep safe.

leonkoum likes this.
  10. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Every firmware someone mentions about the menu on 4k/blu-ray usually me, but nothing ever changes just keep adding new features. I like this product but you need to read user comments and report to zidoo to see what we want and was advertised to work.

11. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

So, until now, what’s the main issues with this firmware?
    Is it ‘save’ to install or just ‘skip’?? o_O

darkeyes909 likes this.
  12. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Thanks rozel :)

leonkoum likes this.
  13. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

Thanks for information.
    Then I don't need to worry, I can also buy the Z1000 Pro.
    I just want to switch from Dune to Zidoo again, so I ask how it works with Zidoo ?!
    I was annoyed last time at Dune, it just doesn't get any further with improvements.

14. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Have some feedback on : 9. Added the function of sliding out the details at the poster overspread interface

I like the idea, and I think if it were available on all poster sizes (not just the tiny overflow option) AND included more info about the movie, I would end up skipping the details page and just directly playing the movie. I think you need to prioritize the plot over media badges being displayed. That would make it more valuable when determining what movie to watch.

Below are a couple screenshots of Kodi skins with similar features for reference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

It's simple, buy it, install latest FW, test it, send it back if you don't like it.

Didn't you have a Z9X? Apart from the black menu and the internal HDD slot, they are practically identical.
    I have no problems, I'm happy with the Z1000Pro. There is one annoying little thing: with DD, DTS and Atmos tracks, the sound starts with approx 1.5 second delay after the pause. But it is synchronous. Sound delay after the pause | Zidoo forum

darkeyes909 likes this.
  16. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

@mirror, administrators Merry Christmas! I'd like a Christmas present. Transifex is complete with QS and HT. Because it is also an earlier version. Not the latest. At least once a year, have the latest and complete package of firmware in everything! Thank you in advance! Transifex translation team.

17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Got feedback from the devs on this - so it's not practical to implement my first suggestion of fitting the 1.78 image in the height of the 2.35 frame, but then to be honest that's not an ideal solution - the resolution of a 3840x2160 image would then be scaled to 2844x1600 which isn't ideal - firstly because of scaling and seconding because of loss of luminance.

Next firmware it will act as it does now with the exception that if you select Aspect Ratio "Full" in the context menu, 1.78 and 1.85 content will be full screen, full resolution, so CIH users can use zoom to fit the screen - this gives you the ability to chose between cropping 1.78/1.85 to 2/35 or not.

Letmein and darkeyes909 like this.
  18. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Hi markswift
    Can we get confirmation from the devs about the bluray/4k menu system?

19. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Thanks for your help. Like you said I going to continue Zooming anyway to preserve resolution and avoid rescaling everything. What I'm really looking for is a way to have the menu and playbar stay within the "video area" that way it's not cut off when I zoom.

20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Playbar and screen prompts etc are already within the 2.35:1 area for me as shown in the screenshot the other day

[​IMG]

The "advanced" portion of the context menu falls outside the video area and previously there was an option to keep that in the video area when the only option was masking so I'm sure this is easily fixed..

upload_2021-12-23_16-17-31.png