ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Only standard mode dv(1080 444 8bit)

2. Dan

Dan Member

I believe it supports Dolby vision upto 30hz.

3. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Regarding the LG C6 - Yes it should support DV at UHD 30hz 12-bit. Netflix app on the TV outputs in dolby vision. LG said the TV was not capable to handle LLDV which requires UHD 60FPS support so they wouldn't update firmware.

I remember testing Mass Effect Andromeda (PC game) outputting UHD DV 30FPS and it did work. The problem seems to be that LLDV standard is UHD 60FPS only and standard dolby vision is 1080 444 8bit so even though the TV can support DV UHD 30FPS there is no mode for that which is a shame because that is sufficient for movies at 24p anyway.

4. woodymogs

woodymogs New Member

I'm also struggling with this; used to be able to send files to my old X9S over my wifi network but now I can't as OpenWRT isn't present. Really do hope there's a (reasonably) simple way to do so, though I spent a couple of hours yesterday trying to find a solution without success :(

5. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

So I think I'd go with <Auto> for the moment.

If the TV supported LLDV or was just HDR10 I'd try VS10, but with standard DV I'm not so sure.

Dan likes this.
  7. Markswift2003

One way that immediately springs to mind is to use something like SimpleSSHD (https://apkpure.com/simplesshd/org.galexander.sshd) and something like WinSCP as a client, but it's not as easy as just having a share.

woodymogs likes this.
  8. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

Maybe somebody can port openwrt

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Most APP's will require ROOT. I will wait for Zidoo to solve it.
    Feel left in the cold here too. :(

10. Markswift2003

SimpleSSHD doesn't.

11. jwort93

jwort93 Member

Okay, I did some more thorough testing this morning with patterns from Spears & Munsil and my HDFury Integral 2, this is what I found:

1) Banding in the blue ramp patterns in Realtek HDR mode seems just as bad as the screenshots from the Dune players I've seen online, @Markswift2003 you said you didn't see much at all in the Zidoo compared to the Dune? That kinda surprises me because it was really evident on my TV.
    2) Enabling the VS10 engine does get rid of all the banding, whether outputting in Dolby Vision or HDR10, which is awesome.
    3) There are elevated black levels when the VS10 engine outputs in HDR10, but it didn't seem like they were present when VS10 output in DV though. (Tested by removing DV support from my TVs EDID with the HDFury)
    4) When the VS10 engine outputs in HDR10, the correct HDR10 metadata for a given movie is still sent correctly.
    5) Putting the HDFury between my Zidoo Z1000 Pro and my LG C9 solved the frequent screen blanks/re-syncs that were happening with Dolby Vision content and the VS10 outputting in DV mode.

Given all of this, what I would really like to see happen is the following:
    1) Resolving the elevated black levels when VS10 outputs in HDR10
    2) Enable a mode such that HDR10 content can be processed by the VS10 engine but still output as HDR10, even for TVs that support Dolby Vision.
    3) Allow SDR content to still be output in SDR, even with the VS10 engine enabled.
    4) Fix the LG OLED DV output stability issues without the need of an external device

If these changes can happen in a future firmware update, this will be one amazing media streamer!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  12. woodymogs

woodymogs New Member

Is it in the pipeline? If so, I'm happy to wait for an official fix :)

13. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

I will definitely make a review! The timing depends on upcoming FW development. I hope to have it finished in around two weeks.

Vinny4K likes this.
  14. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Indeed

Edit:
    I always have these rysyncs, with vs10, it doesn't matter witch file I play (HDR10 mkv or sdr 1080p mkv)
    Tv lg c9

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    snapo6 likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

@Sledgehamma & I were discussing this earlier - we both seem to remember a point in development where the blue banding (and to be clear it is only blue banding in a torture test that's the issue with all these boxes, Dune included, and doesn't present in real world content) in Realtek modes was minimised.

Indeed, I have in early beta notes that Realtek mode banding was "minimal".

However, it may be that this was due to the VS10 engine - we've had a lot going on in the past few weeks!!

As it stands at the moment:

upload_2020-8-21_19-4-56.png

But as I say, nothing to be worried about, even in Realtek HDR mode since you'll not see this in real world content.

As for the black levels - being sorted!

16. jwort93

jwort93 Member

Yeah, the re-syncs aren't caused by VS10 directly, but anything in general that is being output in Dolby Vision. Happens with a native DV MKV in Auto HDR mode, and any content converted to DV by VS10.

17. jwort93

jwort93 Member

Yeah, that's true. I haven't actually noticed any banding in real world content, but the perfectionist in me knows in the back of my head that the output isn't as perfect as it could be haha. As a result, I would really like to see a mode where the VS10 engine does all the processing, but still outputs in the native format of the video, SDR, HDR10, DV etc...

18. Markswift2003

Very good point - that would make a big difference.

I've been extremely impressed with the VS10 engine - in conjunction with an HDFury Vertex or similar, I can see it as a great boon for projector owners without a VP.

zarathoestra and jwort93 like this.
  19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Excuse my ignorance but what is the definition of elevated black? Is this where the black is too dark or too light (grey)? Thanks

20. jwort93

jwort93 Member

It's grey, very noticeable too when VS10 is outputting in HDR10.