ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Do you happen to have an LG OLED?

2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Gave that a try but SDR stuff looks a little washed out. HDR stuff looked OK though. WIll need to play around some more

3. jwort93

jwort93 Member

Yep, the Zidoo is connected to a Denon X4500H, which is connected to an LG C9 OLED.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  4. Sledgehamma

Alright, I saw a guy on the German forum with exactly the same behavior on an LG OLED. I don’t have this problem on my Philips OLED. Seems to be specific to LG. I don’t know whether the guy reported it, so you better do that.

5. jwort93

jwort93 Member

What's the best way to go about reporting something like this? Never had to report something to Zidoo before.

6. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

I have also LG C9 and sony str dh790,and this days i waiting my zidoo....but this problems is a big trouble maybe :D

7. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

TV LG C6 passive 3d
    AVR Sony STR-dn1080

3d doesn't work by default it says TV doesn't support MVC. Force 3D TV fixes that but the eyes are reversed.

Zidoo Option Exchange eyesview does not work. Setting reverse eyes on TV works but is reset on every movie, not ideal.

Edit - issue isn't reversed eyes it's broken mvc mkv causing flat image.

8. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

I found that the 3D mode doesnt work properly using 3D mvc mkvs. 3D mode is triggered and the info says 3D_mvc but the image is very flat. I havnt tried isos yet.

9. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Yes same having issues with flat image. Managed to get it working once but can't repeat.

Edit - It does appear to be mvc mkv files with problem. Just tested a few Isos and they playback properly.

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Until they get the black levels and HDMI Range sorted out, set HDMI Range to <Auto> if using VS10, then SDR, HDR and DV should all convert well to HDR10.

11. NickS

NickS New Member

With no OpenWRT on introduction of the Z9X are there any alternatives for writing to an attached drive through a network?

12. tanaosritum

tanaosritum New Member

Can't change the stream player menu? I want to bring it back. And the bottom navigation bar does not have

13. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Hi i have a bug report
    My z9x turns on from alone, when I turn on my TV, but HDMI CEC is not activated
    My Tv Lg C9 oled
    Edit: it's no bug, the simplink setting of my TV was activated

And these mkv profile 7 Dolby vision files are resync every 20 seconds

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  14. Sledgehamma

That is the best way:
    service@zidoo.tv

Markswift2003 likes this.
  15. Dan

Dan Member

Hi mark,

On a previous post you said to not use auto
    Which is it?

For now, set Range to 16-235 not Auto.”

16. Markswift2003

Yeah, sorry - I just corrected that - it depends what mode you're using.

At the moment the HDMI Ranges are all over the place, so you kind of need to pick between Auto and 16-235 depending on what HDR mode you want to use.

If you use HDR <auto> use HDMI Range <16-235> (black is crushed to hell in <auto>)

If you use HDR <Dolby Vision VS10 Engine> use HDMI Range <Auto>
    (black floor is raised in <16-235>)

There seems to be no correlation between <0-255>, <16-235> and <auto>, for example, in a Realtek HDR mode, black is correct at 64 (0%) in both <0-255> and <16-235> but is 112 (5.5%) in <Auto> which shouldn't be possible!

Dan likes this.
  17. Dan

Dan Member

@Markswift2003 Should I set HDR to auto or VS10, device connected to LG C6?

18. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

VS10 is quite buggy on the LGC6 the TV doesn't support LLDV either. HDR auto is what I am using.

Am I right in that I should disable MaxFall MaxCll because this will interfere with the TV tone mapping?

Ich&Ich and Dan like this.
  19. Markswift2003

Does the TV support standard Dolby Vision? (I know @Rob W above stated it doesn't support LLDV)

20. Markswift2003

MaxFALL and MaxCLL are used for tone mapping, but not all TVs support them and just do their own thing.

Either way, there's not really anything to be gained by disabling them - if the TV uses them, great. If it doesn't, it should ignore them.

Rob W likes this.