ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

A 12v 2A supply with a 2.5mm DC jack is supplied.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Calculations are simple with 12V 2A = 24 W peak power of the PSU available:
    - USB2 max 2.5 W per port
    - USB3 max 4 W per port
    - SATA internal/external is about 10 W for average HDD and above 15 W when starting up.
    - System is about 7 W sustained when running APPs
    X9Z will just do with a SATA HDD and Z10 Pro is overloaded with 2 x SATA (even without using any USB power). Only the Z1000 Pro is sized properly regarding PSU power with my rules.

Example my own Z9X: USB2 diverse 2 W, USB3 2.5 HDD 3W, system 7W, SATA HDD 10W = 22W sustained. Obviously it can just work with the Standard PSU but use a 12V 4 A Earthed PSU instead.

I don't like PSU's running above 50% average as they tend to (over)heat, produce rippled output and fail over time.
    Have a very large experience with PSU's in professional networks.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    DaMacFunkin likes this.
  3. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

The answer from Futeko 1597846194721..jpg

4. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

I have tried the "ignore EDID" method, and managed to force 4K output to the TV. Problem is, it keeps getting switched back to 1080p after playing some media.
    Have a look at this video (download for clearer view, the bottom left resolution status is from the TV via Info button) the tick mark stays for 1080p, but goes off for 4K - does not hold at 4K.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WFvLjLPMz2_2qnx-DCY2uVNZg6yE5Irl/view?usp=sharing

5. Markswift2003

That's because you're setting a mode that the EDID doesn't like, so when the TV resyncs, the EDID takes over.

I think the only way around this is to use an HDFury device to spoof the EDID.

I have no idea why your television would have such an EDID though...

6. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Don’t suppose you would have a link to a suitable 12v 4a DC 2.5mm UK psu would you?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08D7W44XM/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_i_9QupFbWVMS3GP

Would this be ok?

7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Yes im using my old Power unit that came with the Z10 12v 3Amp version . :)
    But using Ssd internal drive the extra load if ......
    extra power for usb etc i wont need .

Never had issues with 12v 3Amp. :)

8. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

I dont know how to provide a sample. Its visible with most tv web-dl episode with internal srt.
    If you can get the fist webdl (s01e01) of "The 100" it should be there.

Very important to know , otherwise z9x is again a waste of money.

9. DaMacFunkin

Hi, does any body have a Shield Pro and a Jailbroken Oppp to compare the new Zidoo against?
    Particularly interested in color space accuracy and chroma accuracy.

Thank you.

10. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Please PM me the release name and I’ll test. Again, so far I haven’t seen it but I just skipped through some episodes.

11. Nice Monkey

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  12. Markswift2003

If there are specific test patterns you want tested, let us know, but I can tell you it renders colours accurately in both standard and wide colour gamuts, it has excellent chroma alignment and is virtually free from chroma banding, especially in VS10 modes.

For some reason it tracks a lot better than the Dune Pro 4K, even in the basic Realtek modes.

VS10 modes track better than the standard Realtek modes although in real world material you'll never see it - this is down at individual luminosity levels for 10-bit video, so nothing to worry about.

Presently there is some disparity in black level, again, most prevalently in Realtek modes, but this has been reported.

13. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

So just received my Z9X this morning, having a quick play - any DV movie made in MakeMKV 1.15.2 won't play. As there isn't a way in MakeMKV to strip the DV data is there any way of getting them to play?

14. Nice Monkey

Which FW? Only FW 6.0.22 has experimental DV profile 8 MEL.

15. mattmarsden

I'm on 6.0.22

16. Nice Monkey

Most movies are in 12-bit FEL and only some in 10-bit MEL. Is that maybe the problem?
    https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=276448
    Those in MEL converted correctly are reported to play by some.

Never tried myself as my TV does not have DV at all.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  17. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

How to create profile 8 ?

18. mattmarsden

I'm not sure how to create a profile 8 mkv, not sure what profile MakeMKV uses. The movie I was testing with was MEL.

19. DaMacFunkin

20. Markswift2003

Not had any problems with MakeMKV 1.5.2 here.

Try running the MKV through a nightly of TSMuxer into a .ts file and see if that works.

Also note that currently mediaInfo does not show dvhe profiles and levels for DV mkvs yet.