Some news for X10/X9S/X8

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by mirror, Oct 10, 2017.

1. looun

looun Member

very nice Interface... :) , there is basic media center function:
    • Continue to Watching section (style netflix/kodi)
    • Watch status for tv show and film ( flag to video already watched )
    • Resume playback with time stamp (status of playback in time )

2. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

My too..
    Is it possible to have Dolby Vision in x8/x9s/x10? :rolleyes:

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

don't hold your breath over it , dolby vision require a additional license to be pay'd , on top of the work needed,

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It is a lot worse. If the SOC can do it, the coding is done to make it work, the substantial license is paid by Zidoo then Dolby Laboratories next needs to certify the platform for deployment of Dolby Vision on it. Very much doubt this all will happen even for X20. Zidoo may be willing to do so but if Dolby Laboratories wants to make it available on media players?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Before that we need to be on Nougat 7.0 on these units before a slight hint of Dolby Vision and then all the Hassle of getting it and license fees / testing .

So very much doubt it will come :(

Teacher likes this.
  6. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hi all,

it would be nice to have dolby vision too and many other things but....what I see in this thread is that Zidoo even if they are discreet, hard work and gives a second life to our devices zidoo who have already more than 1 year, and we can tell them Bravo

For me i consider this as a major update of their devices X8/9S/10 series and I can not wait to get this update :)

@DELUCAS,

where did you find this picture

[​IMG]

thanks in advance

7. DELUCAS

Cant remember where now while browsing one late evening after a party at home .

8. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

make the simple better, and eliminate errors, that should always have priority. I hope it comes so. And not have many more features to install, and thus complicate everything. This implies even more new errors.

I personally find the Media Center of Zidoo absolutely succeeded. Fast, simple, a super network management that works flawlessly. And also simple for my family to use. You should keep that without changing the whole thing.

In the gene set to other boxes, the network connection is excellent.

The missing, full support of the popular MTS format (AVC H264), annoys me tremendously. And with many MKV, MTS and especially interlaced videos the auto frame rate is not true.

But the devices are a good base. I think and hope they get it. ;)

9. OlivierQC

Hello Delucas,

Ok it does not matter

see you

10. DELUCAS

It does look like a Genuine photo though .

11. OlivierQC

yes indeed, mirror could tell us more if he was here :)

12. Nice Monkey

Zidoo X20 inside HQ.jpeg Zidoo X20 boards.jpg
    It probably is (HQ included above). One can see a decent sized and shielded PSU between the 2 HDD slots and the connection between the new RTD1296 SOC and a 9038_v02 special Audio board.
    Build quality seems to be excellent. With a quality Music Player added also then this should be a nice expansion to existing media player capabilities also appealing to real music lovers.
    What still is unknown is the remote control coming with it. Should be BT/RF next to IR and best with a Pointer mouse and keyboard included.

Seen this build now I am even more convinced another model will be launched together with X20 also using the new RTD1296 SOC but without this SABR/XLR special Audio board. It will probably get a single HDD slot but with an External SATA connector for a second external HDD? Most likely it gets also dual HDMI out as it is implemented on the main RTD1296 SOC board, but IR in/out and RS232 could be missing as those are connected on the audio panel!

We saw a strange Zidoo front in the past not matching X20 back which made me expect this already back then. So I am still watching out for a X15 competing with Egreat A10/A11 and similar models.

The reverse happened also as Egreat launched their A8 which is a direct equivalent for X10. A12/A13 are going to compete with X20 clearly. HW choices are becoming plenty the one with the best Firmware will be my choice of preference.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  13. DELUCAS

Int
    Intresting a poss X15 coming .....
    May replace the X10 as seems to be not much stock or none my way sadly .
    Will the 15 be a bigger unit than the X10 like the Egreat 10 unit ?

And totally agree the most stablest or reliable of firmwares will win so a lot riding on this new firmware coming and the new hardware coming November soon .....

14. Nice Monkey

Yes November will be very interesting.

I see X15 coming with a similar housing as Egreat A10/A11 indeed and with all the X20 specs just without those realized on the Audio board. In fact that product is already almost completely realized seen the design by just unplugging that extra audio board. It will be a stiff competitor not only for A10 but also A11 if the price is right.

An interior picture tells a lot. Without going for 2 models any HW designer would not have used 2 PCB's and additional connectors between those. ;)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    DELUCAS likes this.
  15. Vincze Tamás

Vincze Tamás New Member

bt.2020 to bt.709 will be available?
    Currently, bt.2020 movies appear on the old TV with bad colors. It would be good for an SDR mode to convert to the appropriate bt.709 scene.

16. DELUCAS

Well its November so any news on this update coming any day now ?
    And whats included .

Thanks

17. Nice Monkey

November has 30 days :p

DELUCAS likes this.
  18. DELUCAS

Mi
    Minus 1 = 29 days now ;)

Lol

19. OlivierQC