So what Happened to the New 2022 / 2023 Zidoo Line ?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, it's Zappiti itself and it's a real shame - they're only a small company - from what I gather they used an OEM manufacturer and the same software company Dune use for the OS and application layer then wrote their own applications, but that's about it.

As I say, it's a shame, but the worrying thing is they went into Compulsory Liquidation rather than Voluntary Liquidation which rather implies they left things a little too late. Often after a Voluntary Liquidation you can restructure and rebuild depending on how good the liquidators are and how canny you are with your creditors - it's something you do when you realise that you may start to trade insolvent otherwise. In the case of Compulsory Liquidation, you're already insolvent and it's your creditors who force the issue.

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Thats not good to hear ……
    Id imagine there maybe some that will jump ship to Dune or Zidoo if they get cold feet .
    there maybe some bargains on ebay then .

3. Markswift2003

I hope they can resolve it - I spoke to Remy a couple of times and he seemed a decent guy and of course competition is good for us all.

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

I will be you, I will avoid, it seems that users in any case those in France is worried about the Zappiti Server Cloud (all the jackets but also the database are online on the Internet in Zappiti servers) it is possible that it also closes and in this case too bad for their users.

By the way, on hcfr.fr, one person says It is impossible to contact the Zappiti Cloud Server since 10 minutes...

gymnos likes this.
  5. DELUCAS

I think the server is down !
    Could never understand holding is it Inf on Servers and not in your control so to speak .
    That alone put me off going that route .

6. Edworld

Edworld Member

Doesn't dune do cloud too?

7. DELUCAS

Ive no idea never owned one
    But someone will give there two cents and confirm they do.

If the zap , Dunes share the clouds that will be bad news if ?

8. OlivierQC

With my Dune HD RTD1619DR, I use the options available to keep the information on my device.

I did some tests by removing all connection to the internet and my Dune HD was fully operational like a Zidoo could be.

rozel and gymnos like this.
  9. DELUCAS

Thats good to here
    And how it should be :)

10. OlivierQC

That the Dune HD does not have this problem compared to Zappiti

I have no regrets about buying a Dune HD :)

11. Markswift2003

No

Edworld likes this.
  12. OlivierQC

Yes, for posters, fan art, etc...

But Dune HD offers an option to store them locally if you want.

As for the "play" function, it's stored locally, so even without the cloud, you can pick up where you left off.

------

Go to my youtube channel, I already put 3 videos dedicated to the Dune HD for more information.

Well I stop here, we are on the Zidoo forum after all.

Edworld likes this.
  13. DELUCAS

Could this Chipset be paired on to say 1619RTD to enhance AI Super Resolution Fidelity Recovery IC (RTD2892NND) & give us an edge.
    The Realtek RTD2892NND is a powerful AI-based super resolution IC and is the only IC currently available in the market capable of restoring in real time the texture and resolution of original content. It can be paired with existing display controllers to provide top-level picture quality. The RTD2892NND uses various neural network models for different scenes and objects to remove unwanted noise and enhance the picture quality adaptively. It also solves the issue of over-compression artifacts due to limited bandwidth in content transmission.

14. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I am told this doesn't make any difference in picture quality on the Zidoo. But, I can actually see a difference on my Oppo Clone in some instances.

PS, do you have a copy of the No Time To Die UHD and can test something for me PQ wise on the Oppo? See more details on my thread here:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/pls-help-test-z9x-with-oppo-203.95534/

15. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

16. DELUCAS

17. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

18. DELUCAS

Many Upgrades but many Questions also to discuss on these players.
    Poss July date noted :)

19. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

What does "loss of hdmi audio out" mean? That sounds like there will be no audio with HDMI from the new Zidoo? But that doesn't make sense so i'm sure I am misunderstanding lol. I keep reading that the new zidoo's got rid of "hdmi audio out" and I am not sure what that means...

By HDMI Audio Out, is that basically like ARC/eARC? Just for audio?

Last edited: May 5, 2023
  20. Markswift2003

Doesn't have an HDMI audio output. But then neither does the Z9X, so it's not a loss.