So what Happened to the New 2022 / 2023 Zidoo Line ?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Jan 12, 2023.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

No idea

so basically send Video hdmi out 2.0 4k to screen and hdmi Audio out to older receivers / Amps that were hdmi 1.4 etc

2. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Since you edited your post, I will make few quick notes.

I use eARC as I do all my streaming on the C9. And wonder if there's a guide like this specifically for the C9?
    PS, I do like how only the latest G2 has higher nits than the C9 for any new models that came after it.

3. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

I sent him a message so I'll see if I can get some clarification on that. That guide should apply to all LG OLEDs. They're all basically the same thing. So you can definitely follow that for the C9 I think.

4. Jimbo Randy

Sorry, I just want to clarify. Are you saying that if you plug your AVR into the normal HDMI ports on your TV, you won't get any sound? I'm so confused. This makes zero sense.

Because all that guide is saying is to enable eARC on HDMI 2 so that you can use it if you want to. There should only be 1 eARC/ARC HDMI port (probably HDMI 2). What happens if you use HDMI 1 or HDMI 3?

Last edited: May 5, 2023
  5. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I am just saying you are required to use HDMI "ARC" setting on your LG, you wont get sound otherwise no matter the chain.

6. Jimbo Randy

Ok I see now. Yes that is very odd. I'm not sure why that is. However regardless, you're not actually using arc/earc since you're not sending sound from the TV to an AVR. But still very very odd.

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Again, ARC is only for return audio from the display, whether that sound originates from the display itself or another input on the display.

It does not influence normal input connections between a source and an amp.

Deano86, vddan, xskip and 2 others like this.
  8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Even using a Vertex2 to "split" the Audio, thus avoiding the TV?

9. Not

Not New Member

I have an LG C8 and an LG soundbar and I think that the issue is caused by the fact that the sounbar has only 1 HDMI out, used for ARC too, so if you want to use the soundbar for streaming too there is no other way than to connect to TV HDMI IN (ARC). I assume that if the soundbar had 2 HDMI out, 1 for ARC and 1 normal, one would not need using the ARC for an external mediaplayer..... so it is basically down to the HDMI Out limitation of the soundbar or an AVR with only 1 HDMI Out (ARC). A "spliter" might address this matter (as rozel mentioned).

10. Not

Not New Member

Forgot to mention that as long you do not use CEC (Simplink option for LG TV) you will get the sound through soundbar or AVR without using ARC on TV sound output. For instance, I rarely do that once I have a movie with sound codec not being supported via ARC but supported by soundbar. Once I use Simplink, I cannot do that anymore as the sounds only comes out via ARC option. Pros and cons of CEC.

11. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I dont have a vertex 2 to test that theory but like the post above says, simplink might have something to do with it

rozel likes this.
  12. Jimbo Randy

I think what @Not said makes sense. I think basically by turning on "earc" on the TV you're basically just activating the HDMI 2 port. So as long as you don't have CEC on, it won't actually use earc and should just function as a normal HDMI port.

13. DELUCAS

and back to the thread the ………………New Z9X PRO and Z20 PRO
    & peoples thoughts ;)

14. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

IMO, I guess if you're on the market looking for a new box, maybe....but, I have no plans....you get AV1 hardware decoding support (yeah, all those millions of files floating around encoded in AV1, not!).

Hard pass for me, and as I've said before, I struggle to think of a box that can replace my 1000pro for what I want.

DELUCAS likes this.
  15. DELUCAS

For the Z10 Pro owners migrating over if
    We have lost 3 main ports and is it not a slower cpu ?
    HDMI 2.1 is welcome & BT 5.2
    Plus Display updated ?

Oldpainless likes this.
  16. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

same crap A55 CPU but 4 cores instead of 6 cores on current ones.

Oldpainless likes this.
  17. DELUCAS

I thought so :(

18. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

HDMI 2.1 (as defined by the glorious HDMI forum) brings nothing new to the table per se. Remember, that no device new is HDMI 2.0 anymore! Everyone used HDMI 2.1.... However, this is basically meaningless as the manufacturer is free to implement the feature they want.

19. DELUCAS

Exactly what id mentioned on Avforums
    But will wait to confirm if it is in fact HDMI 2.1 if at all possible
    Or when its out and tested for QMS on a HDMI 2.1 Display etc ( that is if it is also a hdmi 2.1 Display )
    What a nightmare were in now . …..

20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Why is it a nightmare??