New version v6.7.66 for NEO S/NEO Alpha/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 16, 2023.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Change logs:

Since on v6.4.62
    1. Added music streaming services(Added TIDAL,Qobuz,HIRESAUDIO,Need to upgrade mobile app)
    2. Music player adds the function of collecting artist albums
    3. Fix the issue of occasional flashbacks on poster walls
    4. Optimize the issue of occasional inability to play music players
    5. Music player repair multi-channel seamless playback function
    6. Optimized the incorrect display problem of CUE album playback information in the music player.
    7. Optimized the occasional problem of skipping CUE songs in the Music Player.
    8. Optimized the problem that the Music Player don't show tracks from ISO files occasionally.
    9. Added new function that left menu in Music Player is checked by default.
    10. Optimized DV trailer occasional playback error.
    11. Optimized the issue that TV series cannot be modified on Poster Wall Web server.
    12. Optimized the issue that episode numbers of TV series are not correct on Poster Wall Web server.
    13. Optimized the function to classify details of the TV series by ratings on Poster Wall Web server.
    14. Fixed the problem that Youtube trailers data cannot be obtained ocasionally.
    15. Fixed the problem that hourly chime function works occasionally incorrectly.

CD Riper
    1. Add the function of generating Flac format
    2. Optimize custom artist functionality
    3. Optimize playback stability

Front display screen
    1. Add the function of quick loop switching details
    2. Add time zone setting function
    3. Add display of collected artist albums

Since v6.4.42
    System
    1.Added hourly chime function
    2.2. Added PCM multichannel for Roon playback
    3. Added more system languages
    4. Fixed the problem that some movies don't display subtitles and tracks
    5. Fixed incorrect frame rate display for some movies
    6. Fixed occasional problem that weather data is not available
    7. Fix the stability of the system

Music Player
    1.Fixed the incomplete display of music files when browsing music through folders
    2. Optimized UPNP music playback function
    3. Fixed the problem that music cannot be added into Favorites when playing through folders
    4. Optimized the auto-play function when booting
    5. Optimized CUE file parsing
    6. Optimized garbled code issue of some music information
    7. Optimized the stability of online songs playback
    8. Fixed the problem that scanned songs cannot be added into Favorites when played through the Media Center.
    9. Fixed the problem that songs are not displayed in the Favorites interface occasionally
    10. Fixed the problem of incorrect display for song list when entering the device list
    11. Fixed the problem that the play queue is not saved occasionally
    12. Optimized the song list adding function
    13. Optimized playback stability

Poster Wall
    1. Optimized local trailer playback
    2. Fixed the problem that local trailers cannot be switched to the next one manually
    3. Fixed the problem that the categories are occasionally displayed repeatedly on home screen
    4. Optimized network search for posters when there is no poster address in NFO
    5. Optimized NFO TV series matching
    6. Added the function to delete cache file in memory when clearing data in settings
    7. Modified Youtube trailer failure issue
    8. Modified the function of sorting actor-related movies by year
    9. Added function to refresh metadata for movies and seasons
    10. Added separate NFO scanning settings
    11. Optimized local image matching for TV series
    12. Fixed the occasional problem of not being able to manually change the poster
    13. New Web interface and system for Poster Wall

About music streaming, Please enter the avatar in the upper right corner to select the default audio quality.

22.png

Check the online upgrade or download:

NEO X
    v6.7.66
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/neo_x/v6.7.66/NEO-X_P_v6.7.66_202305161625_ota-package.zip
    MD5: 59BF1D4CC8F41C58786D9DF7E5B483B8

NEO S
    v6.7.66
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/neo_s/v6.7.66/NEO-S_P_v6.7.66_202305161651_ota-package.zip
    MD5: 7F13BBB7DB788D8890848D289CD29580

NEO Alpha
    v6.7.66
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/neo_a/v6.7.66/NEO-Alpha_P_v6.7.66_202305161512_ota-package.zip
    MD5: 890CB72148921CDA1AED0B5EB95774BF

Last edited: May 16, 2023
  2. Jimibxl

Jimibxl New Member

Finally. Will download when at home

3. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Wow, good improvement for NEO models now waiting for brother models Z9X... :)

bones7 likes this.
  4. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Will try these next week when back home again.

6. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I am on the latest firmware and this app is completely useless for controlling a movie.

When I launch a movie from movie info. page, it shows me the controller section to play/stop/rewind etc. for a tiny second and then while the TV shows the loading poster, app says there's nothing displaying and then it exits the controls and then the movie plays but you no longer have the controls. I don't know who designed this but it makes zero sense.

Similarly, if you play a movie from your remote and not the app, there's no way to get into the controls page to do anything with the movie on the app later on. Who thought of this?!

The app should have the control buttons live at all times like other regular media apps, simple.

7. thivame

thivame Active Member

And For Z9X?

8. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

You want Z9X to be broken even further than last time? My Z9X still crashes the HT and dismounts the hard drives occasionally even after the updated HT app.

9. thivame

thivame Active Member

I know, me too, but maybe they improved it in this version 66

10. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I doubt Z9X will ever gets back to its old self again. They gotta start selling newer models now.

11. thivame

thivame Active Member

what would be nice is that they remove the bugs that did not exist in the previous version (slowness, loss of HDD, bug on HT4 page)...

vddan, Letmein and B0RN like this.
  12. Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider Member

Update android 11 would be useful.

13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Why?

Letmein and pcristi like this.
  14. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Amen.

15. lanz

lanz Member

Bugs are everywhere, the older you get the more you identify them and get upset. I have two CoreELEC devices, so with Kodi, everything goes well, Dolby Vision finally works, except I get that loading icon randomly. I have a ZX9, everything goes well except I have weird characters with styled internal subtitles and I have to rename all my files to get proper French scraping. I play on Windows, I tried on Linux with Proton but that's just randomly crashes, but Windows is fucking pain so I have to REMOVE Defender to play. MacOS is mandatory because I began to create iOS apps but damn Finder is utter shit, it just destroys some of my HDDs with insane writing bugs months ago and SMB works periodically, I have to reboot (not logout) to access my Samba shares. I am not talking about Android because it would need me 5000 more characters...

Any feedback on this new "Stable" release?
    I am quite intrigued by "Added separate NFO scanning settings", a game changer for me if I finally don't have to rename my files and get proper NFO scraping.

16. Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider Member

Bugs? Android 9 apps can work all?

17. BREY

BREY Member

I don't have a floating playback widget on my last control app. z1000pro.

18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sorry, don't understand what you mean.

19. Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider Member

Like I said apps is android make run. And now media player is zero if you have nothing. The x20 pro android 7 is 40% work. Not old is stable but is dead. Expensive NEO is good product but no lucky in time. After 2 update firmware come android 11. So zidoo have no intend to update NEO if not they have last month did. So need to buy a new Neo because android 9 is dead soon? Zidoo has no policy to update OS?

Not angry with Markswift2003 I am just disappointed with their Marketing strategies.

20. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The OS version comes with the SDK provided by Realtek and not Zidoo. Realtek never upgrades OS versions once a SOC has been released thus far.