New version v6.7.66 for NEO S/NEO Alpha/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 16, 2023.

1. lanz

lanz Member

Any news of a possible "Stable" update for Z9X?
    I hope to see one tonight or tomorrow ;)

2. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Err... Im sure there's no such thing happening until new Beta comes along, which may be months from now.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The Zidoo boxes, especially the Neo range are not designed for third party apps - this is why the Neo range does not have Google Play Store.

These are high end media players, not Kodi boxes.

xskip likes this.
  4. lanz

lanz Member

I hope you are wrong ! I feel your pain, because I also suffered from the hazards of faulty updates and I hope that the downgrade on the new models will be available.

Android boxes are everywhere but don't make an amalgam with Kodi. Kodi has never been a very good solution for me and it is clearly a disaster on Android. My biggest regret with Zidoo is that they don't want to integrate the translations made by the community anymore.

Knight_Rider likes this.
  5. Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider Member

All of your boxes dun have play services errrrrrrh nothing got my problems. Not difficult to install and android 13. But that is another day discussion. No apps for Neo then do wad? Media box no apps do wad? A hardware dac better. Neo just a expensive paper weight then.

I thinking of Apple music app to in Neo on long time. Need 2 video app and done. Not difficult to do my hi-fi hobby. Neo 2 maybe or better box..........

Last edited: May 18, 2023
  6. lanz

lanz Member

You have to understand that initially Zidoo was for those who didn't want the fast food of multimedia that all these streaming services are.

The consumption habits are changing and the streaming is becoming more and more a common thing like eating two big fat hamburgers during the week.

On a French forum there is an animated GIF reminding that if you want streaming, don't choose a Zidoo. That's also why many people have another box like a Shield.

It's a safe bet that the next generation of Zidoo will be a little bit more open to streaming, but knowing a little bit about Android 11/12 it won't be fun and expect a lot of beta releases and bugs.

7. Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider Member

I want fries

8. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

I wonder why the internal dac in my Neo S wont work, no sound at all, I have triple checked everything and yes usb audio is unticked ?

9. Jimibxl

Jimibxl New Member

Internal dac = analog output = no digital output (no hdmi or rca digital out)

10. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

This is a real disadvantage IMHO.

11. lanz

lanz Member

12. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

13. lanz

lanz Member

I'll wait then. It's strange that there is still no feedback on this new version.

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Will install and try next week when home again on Neo Alpha and Neo X.

15. lanz

lanz Member

Thanks, I still hope to see something for my Z9X sooner.

16. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Can users of z9x try the Home Theater v4.2.52 APK?

17. Jimibxl

Jimibxl New Member

Neo s user

Online Trailers work but for each of them to get loaded it takes 30 seconds (very boring).

Weather app works too but not showing up every time and gives fake temperature (for exemple in Brussels for tomorrow : 28 degrees but in real 21).

When scrolling in folders in audio app at a certain moment it goes to menu instead of continuing scrolling.

When watching a sd movie with dv low latency when quitting the movie neo s freezes.
    Locking the resolution seems to work now ( locked it at 2160 50 hz because of iptv) but when you see a movie it changes well frame rate

For the rest the firmware seems to be stable.

Last edited: May 20, 2023
  18. soundeluxe

soundeluxe New Member

Hi, is anybody say, Home Theather when i use browser poster and backgroup upload work in this new firmware?

19. pavlin67

pavlin67 Active Member

McBluna likes this.
  20. dieholzblaeser

dieholzblaeser New Member

If I read the changes ...it means only PCM multichannel for Roon and no native DSD MCH via HDMI out ?
    Please Nice Monkey can you check this!?!?!Or some other user who want play native DSD MCH files via
    Roon with the Neo Alpha.

Best wishes Willy