New version v6.7.66 for NEO S/NEO Alpha/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 16, 2023.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Will check one of the coming days for DSD via HDMI in MCH. Had problems with that too.
    It would pseudo randomly change to 2CH only when powering off the TV.

But I don't have a ROON setup to test with. I read that will be always PCM only.

Last edited: May 24, 2023
  2. lanz

lanz Member

Still no update for my Z9X. :(

3. 13a0w3n

13a0w3n New Member

The new features "streaming"
    Doesn't seems to be stable, I not able connect to my tidal after using for 30min.

Until now, I can't connect at all, once I click streaming - tidal, it just keep loading and do nothing

4. Nice Monkey

The first impression is actually quite good. Jumping through various albums and formats is all working correct and fast enough with this FW. My status for MP7 changed to well usable.

Somebody must have been listening as the Front panel mode control at last works to my liking:
    - Time/clock controls were added to setup and working.
    - The Mode switch now cycles: Music player, Meters, Clock (=screeensaver), Main Menu
    So just using the remote with a colored button mapped to Mode Switch one has finally access to it all.
    - There is a cycle button on the meter panel itself to cycle volume meters and spectrum meter

Problem-1
    The Music Player display on the TV shows:
    Bitová hloubka: 16 bit
    Probably should read Bit Depth: 16 bit (using Czech translation it says that correctly). How that got in here?
    My Menu is set to English obviously. Asked for displaying the bit depth myself so the info itself is more than welcome.
    Problem-2
    My DTS-CD are all reported as 32-bit which they for sure are not. Most are 16-bit but some are 20-bit or maybe even a few 24-bit. The same happens with MP3 being reported as 32-bit which really is 16-bit always.
    Problem-3
    The MP3 bitrate seems to be calculated from filesize/playtime which gives odd rates as the MP3 tags are included that way. If tags contains lyrics and or covers the offset gets fairly big above all for low rates. The header info should be used instead as a source for bit depth with all compressed audio formats.
    Problem-4
    Had a period with no icon's in front of the filelist using Media Center. After many actions they suddenly reappeared again.
    Problem-5
    Had one case again of spontaneous power-off. It always happens when using the remote V8 (In IR mode). So can be also a remote problem?

This is my work in progress for this FW review. Tests were done using Neo X.

Last edited: May 27, 2023
    Spizz likes this.
  5. 13a0w3n

13a0w3n New Member

Is there an option to logout tidal from zidoo app?

6. lanz

lanz Member

Thanks for the feedback, could you do the same for HT4? ;)

7. ro_ger

ro_ger New Member

Seems like no more Tidal Connect with the new firmware. Tidal is not part of the stream service in the new controller app. I prefer native Tidal connect for the song recommendations and lyrics.

Can I get it back?

gymnos likes this.
  8. ro_ger

ro_ger New Member

Yea, there's a logout tab at the bottom of. The Tidal setting. Need to tab on the profile icon on top right.

9. Jimibxl

Jimibxl New Member

I want to watch a movie with dts hd master audio but it was not available with zidoo player (i can use the audio in nova player)

10. gymnos

gymnos Member

Unacceptable for a 3000 € device, I thought the Neo series would be more reliable...

@mirror

11. run51

run51 New Member

TIDAL connect is fully fonctional with this firmware. No problem for me

12. John.m

John.m New Member

Agreed Zidoo get your act together the app in combination with neo X worked just fine........now very annoing when i jus the poster wall to lauch a movie the app says succes and at the same time a message a appears "nothing is playing exiting app" what a total BS........FIX IT

B0RN likes this.
  13. Nice Monkey

Yeah Zidoo really should allow installing older FW versions. This is a good update but it is always possible that some things went wrong for certain ways of using the player. Reverting an update is the normal way to deal with this.

14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've always been told that the reason they disabled it is because of possible instabilities with different hardware revisions.

We've seen a few people bricking boxes simply installing OTA firmware - I've no idea how, but taken on face value it does seem to happen occasionally. I've certainly bricked a box using the emergency method and I couldn't tell you what went wrong (managed to get it back with a great deal of help from a forum member though).

You used to be able to do it with a little trick on older boxes but even that's not enabled on the 1619 ones.

I'm not sure it'd be a good idea to enable reversion as things stand - I think there would have to be more surety that the process didn't result in a brick.

15. Nice Monkey

No idea of the Zidoo manufacturing process and small changes made works?
    So reverting FW on a brand new box could cause a brick of the player?

The Emergency FW images are never updated and all contain very old FW versions. How are these then supposed to work with those later HW modifications? Sorry being an electronic engineer this story simply does not make sense to me.
    I don't trust the Zidoo bootloader process for emergency image recovery and avoid it totally. Never try to go back that way anymore.

I know that Dune using the same Realtek SOC allows it and have seen no issues with that using their boxes.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
    darkeyes909, vddan and Letmein like this.
  16. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

@Markswift2003 Do you have the same issue as us on the app, movie launches but then the controls on the app exist and we are stuck using the remote.

17. John.m

John.m New Member

Wrong way around, downgrading firmware is not the solution making sure that everything works before sending updates thats how it should be done. So again Zidoo fix this !

Letmein likes this.
  18. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

This FW is called beta for a reason. Nobody is forcing you to install it.
    You may just wait for official stable release.

Jimibxl and xskip like this.
  19. Markswift2003

Nope, works fine here.

20. Markswift2003

The Emergency firmwares are full revisions whereas the OTAs are incremental. Not really sure why that makes a difference but it obviously does.

Agreed the emergency flash procedure should not be done as a matter of course, only in an emergency and then with great care.

(I started out in electronics too - graduated EE&E from Manchester, UK in 1989 :) )

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023