New firmware v2.0.34 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ya i agree that Zidoo is a very good player for its money. Will check with the TrueHD to DD Downmix and get back with you guy's.

2. Guys @godalmighty @JohnS . I'm still facing the same problem with other AV receiver. Just for your information guys, I have 3 problem's here.

1) The TrueHD to DD Downmix
    2)The Calender not syncronizing with google account
    3)Trouble loading Bluray Menu and so far i have tested with the (DTS Demo Disc Vol 17 and Vol 21) The menu takes time to load and thn once load i cant select anything from it.

@mirror hope you can solve my problem and im not sure whether im the only one facing this problems. Other thn that Zidoo X9S is a awesome player.

3. Android arun

Android arun Member

Hi,
    My zidoo x9s box, when I start the display off suddenly after 5 to 10 mins.but it's shows blue light.
    Again I restart same thing happen again plz help me

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Contact technical support from Zidoo. Nobody has this problem. This could be hardware issue.

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

My complain is the odd skipped or paused frame. This is specially on HD content. It's rare on UHD and non existent on 3D MVC.
    It's like there is not enough load to keep CPU going at high speed and it drops to idle clock speed all the time.

6. JohnS

JohnS Member

I did some testing and:
    1. I downloaded TrueHD (DTSHD master audio channel check and Dolby TrueHD channel check Files from Kodi wiki page godalmighty posted) and everything works.. almost... in dolby TrueHD I get a 5.0 surround, but at least not a stereo one. You should check with the same reference files and report back
    2. I only use my box as media player, I didnt add any google account on it, I can't help you
    3. I only have the James Bond Blu-ray collection with all of them work flawlessly (menus etc), but if your blu-ray's worked with a previous version and not with the latest you should report back

Try to be specific on what is not working (file or specific movie release) and post the info as godalmighty did some previous posts before.

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It almost sounds like you are getting stereo sound from Doby TrueHD just like everybody else and you have your receiver applying "Dolby Pro Logic" or similar simulated surround from 2 channels. You can hear sort of all 5 channels but not from individual speakers and nothing for the sub. You said 5.0 surround not 5.1. See if you can display source on the receiver front panel. It will probably show stereo PCM.

8. Ya i have tried to download the Sound Check from Kodi wiki and the result is negative. No sound at all for the TrueHD file (for TrueHD 5.1,7.1 or the Atmos) but the downmix successfully works for Dolby Digital Plus.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  9. JohnS

JohnS Member

You're right, after checking up again it sounds like a multichannel audio but it is a stereo with Dolby prologic effect.

With Downmix on you should at least have a pseudo surround as i did, but because i use a pc -orientated surround system (and not a proper AVR) maybe thats the difference.
    So we all agree that TrueHD Dolby is not working through Spdif even with Downmix set to on, Zidoo could you please get a look at it?

10. Thank god. Yes i dont apply any Virtual Surround for MY AVR or MY Logitech Z906. I enjoyed the actual audio output but im not even receiving any output from downmix for my TrueHD, not even stereo unless i set the HDMI/SPDIF output to stereo. @mirror so now everyone agreed that the TrueHD is not working in Downmix Mode. Please look into this problem because i have tried to install Kodi in Zidoo X9S and the Kodi internal Downmix works fine, so there are no problem with the hardware. And one more thing @mirror , i have tried to downgrade the firmware and tested the bluray menu. It works perfectly until the v1.5.0 but after that no more. Please please look into this problem.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  11. Well guys @JohnS , @3DBuff and @godalmighty , i have another doubt. The HDR video looks yellowish when played in non HDR TV so should it looks normal when i turn the SDR mode ON in the Zidoo X9S?

12. x9suser

x9suser Member

Why would you want to passthrough a HDR signal to a non HDR TV. You think by doing that your tv will suddenly turn into a HDR tv?

Turn off HDR and your Zidoo will convert the HDR source to SDR to match your SDR tv

13. First of all did i asked you the question and second if you want to answer to my question, try to be polite. Keep your rude attitude to your chicken friends. Did i said i want to turn my Non HDR TV to HDR, what are you trying to prove. Are you trying to say you are super good? My question was, should i turn the SDR Mode ON in order to receive HDR content in SDR. So your answer should be YES or NOT. I'm asking this question to my friends @JohnS ,@3DBuff and @godalmighty because there is no different if i switch HDR mode ON/OFF.

14. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

I understand what you mean, i have a 1080p TV so you would think if you watch 4k content you need HDR turned off. Makes no difference on/off plays back perfect. Before this switch was implemented i got washed out blacks but as is stands pick either because does nothing now.

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

There is handshaking going on through HDMI port. Zidoo will get the message that the TV is 4K or not and HDR or not. The HDR switch would be used for trying to see if something looks better in non HDR mode on HDR TV.

16. kairi033

kairi033 New Member

hi guys,

on the latest fw hdr is not kicking in....tried several video files which are 4k 10bit hdr but it only plays correctly the resolution and fps... is this a bug?

17. Yes there are no changes either i turn it ON/OFF.

18. Noted bro.

19. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It works for everybody else. Check HDR switch in Zidoo settings, your TV settings and HDMI cable.

20. kairi033

kairi033 New Member

Yeah, I already checked every possible settings in Zidoo and rebooted the box each and every time I switch something. Also, I checked all settings in the TV and changed HDMI cable multiple times but without success. In FW 1.4.12 there is no problem about the HDR, resolution, fps etc. movies play just fine the only problem in that FW is the downmixing of TrueHD and DTSMA to DD/DTS 5.1 (my set up Zidoo to TV via HDMI with ARC - Zidoo to AVR(TrueHD & DTSMA capable) via spdif) which is working great in fw 2.0.34. So I'm running out of ideas anyway I don't want to stress my self out if this doesn't work then I'm just gonna use it anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.