New firmware v1.2.10 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Oct 13, 2023.

1. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Lucky you!

It gets really cruel when you have to read these badly written operating instructions if they are in addition translated in german.

That`s a real challenge! :p

Peter Wallop likes this.
  2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

OMG! Or Italian, FWIW... I do agree, that is indeed a challenge o_O

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

They meant a setting to activate Spectrum Mode most likely. Be happy with what we got. :p
    It is simple meant to look good not to be a measuring instrument.

My Chinese is a lot worse than their English and also I got comments on my Denglish review. :D
    When invited to correct me; all remained silent as some prefer to comment but not to help.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
    Peter Wallop and Nutul like this.
  4. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

checking.

5. petru

petru New Member

That's right. Thank you. You are a very intelligent man. Respect

6. James Lee

James Lee New Member

Wow. Thanks for the compliments. I am not a very intelligent person. Now I have to hide myself. Just a lucky guess on what you actually meant on the Spectrum Display.

You should be from Romania. I hope my previous English reply to you was translated correctly to Romanian. In your reply, "my quoted reply" was translated to Romanian.

7. gmon

gmon Member

Oh, wow, Amazon Music is now built-in! And cursory look shows that my DAC is showing different streaming rates, not stuck at 192khz for all tracks. But one feature which makes the AM basically unusable for me is the inability to queue up specific tracks...
    Am I missing something or has anyone figured this one out?

8. Nice Monkey

It is a first Beta for AM so Eversolo may be listening to you.

Spizz and Peter Wallop like this.
  9. James Lee

James Lee New Member

At page 1 of this forum thread, the changelog list only stated until version 1.2.05.
    Since this thread is about firmware 1.2.10, the Changelog list should also include what has been added, changed or fixed for version 1.2.10.

Example...

Changelogs:
    Current v1.2.12
    1. ??
    2. ??

Based on v1.2.10
    1. Optimized DSD playback when HDMI output.
    2. Optimize some other bugs.

Based on v1.2.05
    1. Optimized the problem of PLEX failure to obtain data.
    2. Optimized the problem that the music service does not have the highest sound quality by default
    3. Optimized the problem of occasional application crash after network disconnection.

The latest and now current version 1.2.12 should also have the Changelog changed to add in info for v1.2.12. This thread title should also change to reflect current v1.2.12.

As at this moment, there is no changelog info for the latest current v1.2.12 so we don't know what has been added, changed or fixed. As has been reported here by Chris White, the word "Optimized" wasn't the appropriate word to use in the Changelog.

Does it mean that we can only know the changelog for the current latest version ONLY when another later version has been released?

I only obtained the changelog for v1.2.10 from the new "update prompt message" which appeared on the screen of my DMP-A6 Master Edition. I added the changelog for v.1.2.10 in my example above. As of now, no changelog for v.1.2.12.

1 New Firmware 1.2.12 Update Prompt 21-10-23.png

I do hope the Zidoo staff here take note and do add in the changelog for the current new version as shown (bold text) in my example above.

Hmm... did I misinterpret the meaning of "Based on v1.2.05" which actually meant "v.1.2.10 changes since v1.2.05"? If that is so... then "Based on v1.2.05" is for v1.2.10. Oh my, the way they use English confuses me.

Anyway, keep up the great work on constantly releasing firmware updates. Version 1.2.12 was released in less than a week after Version 1.2.10 was released.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
  10. kc001

kc001 Active Member

11. James Lee

James Lee New Member

That post by Mirror (in page 11) shows changelog until v1.2.10. Didn't state anything on the current latest v1.2.12. They also should edit the first page of this thread to include v1.2.10. It makes it easier for people to refer there. It's still showing "Based on v1.2.05" there.

Oh, additional note...

In my "Example of changelog", I had earlier already added in this as shown below...

Based on v1.2.10
    1. Optimized DSD playback when HDMI output.
    2. Optimize some other bugs.

12. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

I found our problem.

Both @j2j and I had problems with the local music library (on IOS) constantly updating and making it jump back to the top after having scrolled down, so we turned off ‘Automatic updating sources’ (under: Music / Settings / Scan).
    IMG_0046.jpeg

With it turned off, the iPad / iPhone app will not start a new playlist of local files.

If I turn ‘Automatic updating sources’ back on, I can start a new playlist of local files on IOS.

It must be an IOS problem related to this ‘Automatic updating sources’ function.

And the problem with the constant updating making the list of album/artist/tracks jump to the top is now fixed (it seems) even with the function turned on…

But there is a new problem with the Play Queue not having any data / not showing any tracks after starting a playlist of local files on IOS (with ‘Automatic updating sources’ turned back on). :( It will now only play one track from the playlist because the Play Queue has no data :( :( After a restart of the A6 the Play Queue is now OK.

This is a bit weird… now after restart, I am back to the start and cannot start a new playlist of local files even with ‘Automatic updating sources’ turned on…

This is only IOS. The A6 screen has no problem with changing playlists and showing data in the Play Queue.

13. Ray77

Ray77 Member

Is it my imagination or did v1.2.12 optimize the sonics of not just DSD but all music? My Tidal playlists seem to sound better... PRaT, vocal presence, instrument imaging. No need to 'enhance' w ext DACs, power supplies, just keep improving A6 w firmware upgrades. Thanks Eversolo!

14. Multiple257

Multiple257 New Member

I just updated and realised the spectrum analyser has been added and just wanted to say how awesome it is. People suggested it and the software guys did it! I'm just really impressed at the response from Eversolo to suggestions on the Forum. Great job!

Eric777 likes this.
  15. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

They should change "based on vX.X.XX" to "since vX.X.XX" in the changelog.

16. Berico

Berico Member

stupid question perhaps, each update refers to the management software part, will the DAC section both in the normal edition and in the master edition with different components, have updates? or is it stable and finished?

petru likes this.
  17. Nice Monkey

The DAC boards only include dedicated HW and no components which can be updated/modified. So these are what they are.

18. Berico

Berico Member

perfect, so they can focus on the streamer side, I thought there might be clock updates or optimizations, but better this way, it already sounds good.

another question , why is there no master editon om eversolo.com website?

19. Ypslon

Ypslon Member

They are the same except for the DAC.

20. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Hi, can I ask do you get really bad lag whilst casting? I am using my iPad Pro and it is so bad its become nearly useable