New firmware v1.2.10 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Oct 13, 2023.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Confirmed. Tried all formats.

Spizz likes this.
  2. James Lee

James Lee New Member

1 New Firmware 1.2.12 Update Prompt 21-10-23.png

Today October 21, this popped up on my DMP-!6 Master Edition ... new version 1.2.12 OTA update. Completed update.

Only 8 days ago I updated to 1.2.10 OTA, on the same day it was released. Same for all the previous firmware releases, OTA updates appeared on release date.

That means official release 1.2.12

3. petru

petru New Member

did you somehow find spectrum settings in the new firmware? apart from the 4 types

4. MaSi

MaSi New Member

Unfortunately, still stumbling at the beginning with Amazon music with the new software.

5. Webkemmi

Webkemmi New Member

Yes, very annoying. Obviously eversolo did not really test Amazon Music before releasing the firmware! I wonder how amazon could validate this kind of buggy functionality ‍♂️

6. Birdybird123

Birdybird123 New Member

I did not get the ota ?

7. Eric777

Eric777 Member

It must be difficult to maintain a software compatible with all these platforms (Amazon, Apple, Deezer and so on...), which evolve too!

8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Never saw a setting for it anywhere.

9. Jammer

Jammer Member

also my 1.2.12 has just arrived but opticalIn volume level still remains lower.
    any idea on what happens?

also a new screen appears on info change from remote... but new spectrum is available on it ;)

10. James Lee

James Lee New Member

It is not in "Settings > Display > VU Meter".

Here is how to find the 4 Spectrum choices in the Settings ...

Settings > Display > Play Detail Theme > Spectrum Mode

Screenshots below...
    Forum 1 Display ~ Play Details Theme.jpg Forum 2 Display ~ Play Details Theme ~ Spectrum Mode.jpg Forum 3 Spectrum Selection.jpg

Of course, (during playback, activate spectrum) you can also use finger on the spectrum screen to flip left or right to change and select 1 of the 4 spectrums.

11. Daphan

Daphan New Member

The annoying pop when the sampling rate changes is still there. :(

12. petru

petru New Member

You didn't understand... I knew these settings a long time ago... I'm talking about other settings of the spectrum... which, as it were, I saw in the update specifications.
    Please put all the features that this update has brought. Thank you

13. kc001

kc001 Active Member

do you mean that there are 2 views like this?

upload_2023-10-22_15-36-38.png
    or
    upload_2023-10-22_15-36-54.png

and
    upload_2023-10-22_15-37-21.png
    and
    upload_2023-10-22_15-37-36.png

Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
  14. HovingtoN

HovingtoN New Member

Of course the others bugs are still there, this is a hot fix for the DSD playback, and it is literally what they said in the update notes.

15. Chris White

Chris White New Member

Very very minor point for the release notes: can the word "optimised" please be replaced with "fixed" or "resolved" or similar? As an English native speaker "optimised" implies that the team have improved the efficiency of the bugs as opposed to getting rid of them. I know what is meant but it just doesn't look quite right. :)

Cheers, Chris W.

Spizz, Xanderzdad, swenske and 5 others like this.
  16. kc001

kc001 Active Member

lol :)

17. petru

petru New Member

18. j2j

j2j Member

I update new firmware in Taiwan just minutes ago. For me the major bug is in playlist. If you play one song in a playlist in local files, you can not shift to other different playlist. It just stuck in the original playlist。

Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
  19. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

I have that, too.

iPad playing a playlist of local files…

If I clear the tracks in the playlist / play queue and try to start a new playlist, it just reloads and plays the first playlist.

20. James Lee

James Lee New Member

Oops... my bad. Misunderstood you. Ok, I think what you meant is the spectrum layout settings such as the EQ Band colours, changing frequency for each EQ band in the 20 Band range and the spectrum background colour.

The specs in 1.1.80 stated this...
    21. Added spectrum mode setting

They should have changed that part to something like this...
    21. Added 20-band Spectrum display with 4 fixed layout choices.

As reported by Chris White here, even the word "optimised" used in the changelog was incorrectly chosen. Typical "chinglish". They should have hired someone who is at least proficient in English to write the changelog, hehe. I am Chinese Malaysian and have seen many badly written English manuals of chinese products.

petru likes this.