New firmware v1.0.33 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Feb 29, 2016.

1. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

okai @Solo_7777777 but not so much better as original Launcher :):D

and for further options i have to pay for it :eek::oops::mad:

Anton Bernd likes this.
  2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

But, I'm wrong or you need to use mouse/keyboard?
    Are you also able to use Zidoo IR remote to do the most, or as I remember in a mine past try to use Nova on X6, is almost impossible?

I bought Nova Launcher a lot of time ago, is one of the best launcher for Android if not the best one, I love it, money well spent!
    If TeslaCoil will make a TV box/Android TV specialized launcher, I'll buy it!

3. cobra78

cobra78 Member

PacoRabanne likes this.
  4. grummel2005

for those which are offering me "free paid software"via PM ...
    i am not using illegal software!
    if i use apps i will pay for the work of the developers ...
    oki?

Anton Bernd likes this.
  5. Abe Crab

Abe Crab New Member

Any updates on a rooted release? I find I cannot downgrade to the most recent root release because my recently bought device has more recent firmware.

6. Solo_7777777

Solo_7777777 New Member

7. PacoRabanne

8. PacoRabanne

9. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

I have 1.0.33 rooted. You need to use app froi zidoo to unlock root access.

10. skyhigh

skyhigh New Member

ok jesus, we all know now that you admire the pope!

11. skyhigh

skyhigh New Member

the "update" causes crashes over crashes by me. zuiui cool errors...kodi crashes....freezings....all standing in line...
    almost like my mygica 1900ac....horrible

12. grummel2005

why you become religious and blame persons personally? :(
    this is a technical forum
    thx

13. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

Fair enough, but I and my wife both prefer Nova and a regular Logitech wireless wheel mouse to our MeLe F10 Deluxe and/or Rii Mini i8+ and GUIs designed specifically for TVs. We spend most of our time running stock Google and Amazon tablet store apps for media (e.g. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant Video, Youtube, Sling, DroidTv, etc.) and rarely if ever need to use the Kodi/ZDMC frontend or plugins.

We seldom, if ever have any crashes or problems with our X6 or X9 boxes.

14. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

I like to organize my related apps into folders, so I prefer the Nova launcher. I spend most of my time using apps designed for tablets that just tend to work better with a wireless USB wheel mouse than with my MeLe F10 Deluxe or Rii i8+. It's hard to beat one for speed, precision, or all-around ease of use with most play store apps. My Logitech wheel mouse came with a wireless keyboard, but I honestly just use the on-screen keyboard or Google voice input/search with a cheap USB microphone for almost all my typing chores.

I use a task manager to monitor apps and services and kill or disable ones I don't use or need in order to minimize system lag time. I also turn off Google Store auto updates, and do those manually when it's most convenient (not during my favorite TV episodes). I'm used to ES File Explorer Pro, MXPlayer Pro, and only rarely need to use the Zidoo custom apps. I really don't encounter too many crashes or bugs and think Zidoo has done a good job on the hardware and system software. FWIW, I've used Linux ever since the floppy disk days and got tired of fiddling with high maintenance, moving target, kitchen sink-style projects like MythTv, XBMC, and Kodi a long time ago. I've also owned flagship Samsung, Sony, and Google Nexus devices that had Netflix audio sync issues (sometimes for years on end) or upgrades that you couldn't rollback that broke backward compatibility with apps from HBO, Showtime, & etc. I think Zidoo is doing just as well, if not better, handling those sort of problems.

cyber7, warren_wh and Rene Veen like this.
  15. PacoRabanne

Thanks Harlan for sharing your experience!

16. grummel2005

most of the promised repairings are NOT in the new firmware 1.0.35!
    why not?

17. neilatvbc

neilatvbc New Member

I am not able to sign in to Google Play Store. I'm on firmware 1.0.33. I get the error message:

Couldn't sign in
    There was a problem communicating with Google servers.
    Try again later.

I have tried clearing cache and data for all Google apps, tried manually installing latest Google Play Services and Google Play Store, still no luck.

Is this fixed in a newer firmware? I am a distributor of your product and need a fix for this asap.

Edit: I tried firmware v1.0.36 and it still has the same problem. Please help!

Thanks,
    Neil

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  18. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

The problem is fixed in the latest v1.0.38 firmware.

19. bovirus

bovirus Member Beta test group