New firmware v1.0.33 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Feb 29, 2016.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Are u used 2.4G remote?

2. Goujam

Goujam Member

Regarding the power off button and Logitech remotes. I've now updated and the problem I'm having is that my Logitech remote was changed to do a long press for power. This worked on the old system. Now I get a pop up menu asking what I want the power button to-do. This is replicated with the zidoo remote ( hold the power button down) am I right in thinking if I ask Logitech to return the button press to short again it should shutdown properly?

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Yes,If you define short press to shutdown,then press power key on logitech should shutdown X6

Goujam likes this.
  4. Goujam

Goujam Member

Thanks mirror I'll contact them today

5. daitarn 3

daitarn 3 Member

no one had complained about it here - in adroid settings it had been perfect
    when i do a long click - then the device is closing down
    i cannot change it anymore

please do reverse !!!!

6. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

yes please - i asked this in my "big thread" too after the firmware before the last one ...

Anton Bernd likes this.
  7. Goujam

Goujam Member

Is your problem the same as mine then that your harmony remote now brings up a popup menu instead of closing the device down? I wish it was an option on the harmony remote to change this yourself the problem is to make the change you have to contact technical support.

8. Long

Long New Member

I use zidoo remote and wireless mini keyboard. I don't have this issue with
    v1.0.32, only with v1.0.33
    . Please help.

9. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

That will not fix the original long press timing issue on other brands of IR learning remotes. Zidoo does need a bug fix, so users can access the options menu from the virtual on screen power button. Long pressing it with an airmouse doesn't work the same way the remote power button works to bring up the shutdown options menu.

10. Goujam

Goujam Member

I think the problem is (well for me anyway) the Logitech harmony had to be adjusted to long press for power down. Now we get the pop up so need a short press and unfortunately it's not a simple change

11. dimtris

dimtris Member

+2
    100% root version

12. Steve

Steve New Member

+3 :)

13. Migeye

Migeye Member

Must say that lipsync issue looks resolved in Kodi, thanks, keep up the good work:)

14. Mikekiel25

Mikekiel25 New Member

zidoo needs to fix their HD audio issues. I regret buying this box. Zidoo needs to come up with a firmware that works as described on the box and the description. without errors and issues. seems to me that zidoo doesn't have good engineers working in these problems. I would not recommend anyone buying this box unless you want to be a beta tester.

15. Mikekiel25

Mikekiel25 New Member

I do not get ANY HD audio what so ever from the box. With pass through enabled or not. No HD audio. Only stereo.

16. Mikekiel25

Mikekiel25 New Member

1.0.33 seems to be the most stable rom, with all lipsync issues fixed. thank you for that. but you need to get your HD audio up and running

17. Goujam

Goujam Member

What player are you using in kodi HD audio works every time for me. I've not tried the zidoo media player. I seem to remember you have to set pass through in android settings then set it in kodi.

18. Migeye

Migeye Member

I have HD audio,

In Kodi i have enabled passthrough and in android i set it to HDMI Bitstream.
    My amp shows HD audio in the display when i start a movie with that format.

19. blackadder

blackadder New Member Beta test group

With this latest firmware i do get HD DTS and Dolby True HD with kodi but the sound comes way too early. I never had this before. Maybe it's the Kodi version. Does anyone has this problem too?
    Thanks

20. Migeye

Migeye Member

Not me, sorry:(.

Small isue want to mention, ( had this also with v 32). When kodi launches (automatically) and i want to start a movie or episode it tells me that the file is not available and asks me to remove it.

I have to exit and start Kodi to get it right.

My nas and drives are always on.

dimtris likes this.