CD Drive for ripping/playing

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by B0bs4g3t, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@mirror
    A playback normally runs at low disc speed but a RIP runs via DAE using different drivers and runs at a disc speed as high as possible.
    So different processes for sure and may come with different power needs.

2. NMWDF

NMWDF Member

The new DMP-A6 firmware v1.1.70 installed perfectly OTA, correcting many bookkeeping errors. But even now with 3000 viewers following this thread, the faulty A6 CD rip/play problem still has not been corrected or commented on by Eversolo.

3. Inti

Inti Active Member

Hi i think it’s TIME to get a response from Eversolo about the Cd Problem to have a Time horizont it is not ok to advertise that the Eversolo have the use of ripping and playing CDs
    You can’t just ignore the whole problems I think it’s urgent to solve this it’s not a cosmetic
    Thing I can’t buy different cd players and hope to get lucky

NealeH4n likes this.
  4. NealeH4n

NealeH4n New Member

Received my streamer yesterday and it's absolutely brilliant, except for this issue which is a real pain ITA. Like other I had hoped my Apple SD would work, but nope. Bought a ASUS USB 2.0 with dual USB for additional power - worked first play only (as others have found). I have reached out to my UK supplier for advice on verified drives, no response yet. I have a 4TB NVMe I now can't fill with CD's that aren't available on streaming sites and no ability to rip them to the streamer. It's not exactly life and death, but surely there is a drive or a spec or a patch to fix this somewhere?

If you have a newish drive that works can you post the details here as sourcing the legacy drives folks have working is needle in a haystack stuff.

If you've tested a drive that doesn't work it'll save us all several trips to Amazon or the store to share that too... Better still Zidoo could sort out the problem with a firmware update...Please?

These do NOT work
    X ASUS SDRW-08D2S-U LITE
    X Apple DVD SuperDrive

5. NealeH4n

NealeH4n New Member

Heinz, Which drive works with the extension cable? Thanks

6. NealeH4n

NealeH4n New Member

This only worked the first time, but made no difference for ongoing use.

7. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

They are working on it, they even bought many CD drives to test. It’s taking more time but it’s not like they’re ignoring it.

I think we’re lucky to have such a responsive tech support, many feedbacks have be addressed in the last firmware updates, others are still working on it.

Be patient, in the old days you have to go through warranty to get things fixed, even send your device for months for repair.

GMEverSolo, Nice Monkey and Spizz like this.
  8. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

9. mirror

OK, it actually works!
    superdrive.jpg

Spizz and Theeraphon like this.
  10. Nice Monkey

Thanks'. Including Ripping?

For all: Please always mention both Playing and Ripping reporting drive results.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
  11. B0bs4g3t

B0bs4g3t New Member

How do we add it? Or should we wait for you to include it in an update?

12. Mike F

Mike F New Member

Hi guys...
    Not having a problem ripping cds including some old dts cds in 5.1 and they play fine. My problem is they are ripped out of sequence.
    Any suggestions
    Other than that, it's a wonderful device.

13. Nice Monkey

Strange!

Please report your model and brand used.

14. Mike F

Mike F New Member

Lenovo GP70N...

Nice Monkey likes this.
  15. mirror

It's about ID3 for .wav.
    v1.1.70 should resolved this issue.

16. Mike F

Mike F New Member

Is that an update for DMP A6? I'm asking because I did an update this morning and it did not solve the problem. And it is 1.1.70, I just checked.

17. mirror

Rip to FLAC or WAV?

18. Mike F

Mike F New Member

WAV and Flac

19. AndrewS

AndrewS New Member

Have you tried to thick this option: Number: Serial number? IMG_5736.jpeg Then it ads Tracks numbers in front of name. IMG_5737.jpeg

20. Nice Monkey

@mirror
    Hhhmm. For me serialnumber is the CD number for unique Disc identification. Track numbers are per title.
    So the label is wrong here. This needs to be changed.

The option itself is just fine and for me the default may be even "On".

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023