CD Drive for ripping/playing

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by B0bs4g3t, Jun 3, 2023.

1. B0bs4g3t

B0bs4g3t New Member

Does anyone use a small CD drive to rip/play? I want a small footprint, so I tried an Apple SuperDrive. I had seen someone on HiFiRose talk about using that drive on one their streamers. When I plugged it into the OTG I can hear it power on, but it will not accept CDs in.

Just curious if I can use this or if I need a specific style drive for ripping

2. guus

guus Member

i believe you have to plug it into the C port.. but it is a question for me as well

3. B0bs4g3t

B0bs4g3t New Member

I have an A to C converter and plugged it into the USB C and then I don’t hear it power on.

I just got this drive, so I’m going test on PC that it works in general

4. B0bs4g3t

B0bs4g3t New Member

@mirror What CD drives work with the DMP-A6...the apple superdrive does not, and a random CD-ROM drive that I purchased on Amazon does not either. I'm hooking up through USB OTG, I can hear the drive power on, when I open up app, I don't see any CD present.

Is this driver related? I was reading online that for USB disc drives to work, PCs will have certain drivers.

If anything, which drives do you know WILL work?

Thanks!

5. Inti

Inti Active Member

My cd work with interruptions in the sound and there are no cd eject button in the software so the cd option is useless for me my Drive is Pioneer D33013 and have no eject option

6. Chanat

Chanat New Member

Asus work well.

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Should have been added in FW 1.1.60
    22. CD adds EJECT function

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
    Inti likes this.
  8. B0bs4g3t

B0bs4g3t New Member

What asus model?

9. Inti

Inti Active Member

I’m on FW 1.1.60 and I can’t find any Eject button in the software when using the CD Drive please send me a screenshot if I am wrong!!

10. Claudia

Claudia New Member

I am in the same boat I have only managed to put 10 CDs on the system using the drive as it stopped recognising it.
    It just goes round and round but you can't rip them. I thought the latest update would have improved that but it hasn't.
    I have double-checked the drives on my laptop and they work fine. The Eject button works fine though

11. Inti

Inti Active Member

Can you please make a screenshot of the Eject button on The streamer software ?

12. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

My A6 is yet to arrive but I'm using an internal BD-ROM drive with a powered USB adapter to my laptop to rip my BDs, it has a physical eject button.

I'm sure the software eject is in the latest firmware, likely just to know where to find it, but don't these CD-ROM drives have a physical eject button on it? If you're ejecting, that means you'll be taking out or putting the disc in anyway right?

13. Inti

Inti Active Member

Only software eject no physical eject button a few cd rom player brands dozen have it like Apple

14. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I see, in that case then it's really important to have a software eject. Strange that it need the host OS to do it, usually they omit physical buttons when there's a touch screen or a phone app.

Man, in few more years you'll see less and less physical buttons on electronic devices. Looks like the future will be clean tech and environment like Star Trek, no chance to see it rough rough and dirty like Star Wars (wait, Coruscant is clean, maybe Alien is a better reference although I don't like to think the future will have xenomorphs lurking around).

15. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Attached Files:

Inti and Nice Monkey like this.
  16. Inti

Inti Active Member

Big Thank you for the screenshot can’t see how I missed it

17. Inti

Inti Active Member

The Eject button works fine but the interruption playing the CD persist seems not too be stable

18. Animal_X

Animal_X New Member

is the HDCD & HQCD support?

19. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

For HDCD it is question (pseudo 20-bit) but HQCD is as far as I got it only a mechanical/optical improved standard.
    So the USB player connected needs to be compatible with HQCD.

I may be wrong here?

20. guus

guus Member

so i bought a new generic CD read write drive .. and it works.. after i rebooted the dmp with the drive attached..

Inti likes this.